Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Exchange system
Exchange system
 Pandemonium.Vite
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user:
By Pandemonium.Vite 2009-06-22 07:50:53
| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Ok this might be a little weird, but since FFXI requires alot of gills to be invested in a craft in order to aquire a +1 and sell it for profit, why not create a stock exchange system in the game. For example each city has its own stock and you can buy cheap and sell high later for profit, or the opposite if your are unlucky. Just a thought can't really think how it would be implemented.

And this should be an extra source of income since you need a main source to make money in the first place.
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-22 07:54:31
Link | Citer | R

I believe people already do this with the auction house.
Not jumpin on your idea or nothing but i honestly just think the rich will control everything worth anything and get richer, while the poor get poorer and are left with scraps ;_;
 Pandemonium.Vite
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vite 2009-06-22 08:00:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

you are right, but same as real life you can set limits on trading and profit making amounts. Also if it's linked with cities and nations performance like campaign for example
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-22 09:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Ive got to ask, wouldn't it operate very very similiar if not exactly to the auction house system itself? or completely different? not quite sure i know how this would function! ^^b if i knew i could possibly pick your brain better, this does sound interesting =]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-22 09:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much is the AH system. The Stock exchange is investing in the companies that make products, whereas the AH system is investing in the products themselves. Since you're never going to have companies in an MMO that make certain things, the AH is about as close as you'll get to this sort of thing. And yes, the people that are good at reading the stock market and making money off it can do the exact same thing with the AH.
[+]
 Garuda.Shizukat
Serveur: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-06-30 05:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Actually Auction House aside. It would be kind of what we have now with the Guild Shops, except that selling something to the guild gives a lot less gil than what they sell it for.
If it would be somewhat closer together. Then you could for example go buy some ores in the Mhuara Guild (high stock) and sell them in Bastok (low stock) for a slight profit.

Usually offline RPGs implement such things, not sure how good it would work on a MMORPG
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 22:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Free gil doesn't work so well in an MMO
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-30 22:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Shizukat said:

If it would be somewhat closer together. Then you could for example go buy some ores in the Mhuara Guild (high stock) and sell them in Bastok (low stock) for a slight profit.

You generate gils by doing this, meaning you inject gils into the economy, with something very short and easy to do. Don't even need to travel, can send the ore to someone else in Bastok and make instant profit that way. I don't really get it. You generate resources by doing nothing, how could a such system works ? To be viable, your system must remove ~1 gil from the economy everytime ~1 gil is injected into the economy. Otherwise we ain't talking about exchange anymore. Enjoy your inflation...

Vite said:
you are right, but same as real life you can set limits on trading and profit making amounts. Also if it's linked with cities and nations performance like campaign for example

Limits doesn't exists in virtual worlds when a single physical person can own an infinite amount of virtual identity. And linking it with nations would be useless. Have 3 char, 1 on each nation, now what :s
[+]