ChatMon + WeatherMon Vs Fireman Pokemon!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » ChatMon + WeatherMon vs Fireman Pokemon!
ChatMon + WeatherMon vs Fireman Pokemon!
 Valefor.Esdain
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-12 23:14:40
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering if there was a way to get an audio cue from ChatMon when the weather change is noticed by WeatherMon and shows text in the chat log reflecting it. I'd really be interested in being able to AFK a character while I skill up my real life, but be notified when there is a weather change.

Windower 4 beta
Windows XP
Desktop resolution: 1024 x 768

I get this feeling that there probably was a way to do it in the earlier non-Windower-4-Beta, but I never did it.

I'd specifically like to be alerted to Fire Weather only (hence the thread's title) due to multiple Flame Geode path trials I have. If there was a way to not have to hear about clear, fog, wind, rain, or other super common weathers and just be able to whip up an easy line of text or something, that would be great. Probably asking a lot or asking for something that already exists, but I just don't know how I would go about doing it.

[+]
 Bismarck.Diki
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2013-03-12 23:36:25
Link | Citer | R

using old windower you could use AutoExec and Chatmon
In your AutoExec.xml

And then in Chatmon...

If that helps
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-13 01:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Looks like what I was after. Now if only I knew how to work an .xml file. I think those are the things where I click them and they try to open with Internet Explorer and I freak out and kill IE instantly.

It'll be something I can mess around with tomorrow after some sleep. Thank you very much if you wrote that all out!
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-03-13 01:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Notepad ++ is good to use for editing .xml!
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-03-13 01:58:04
Link | Citer | R

download Notepad++ and use it to edit XML files. When you open the file (right click, edit with Notepad++), change the Language at the top to XML to format it better. It helps a lot of people understand the way it's laid out this way.

Just copy and paste those lines in you need, and click save (making sure it saves as a XML file still).
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-03-13 02:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Weathermon already supports sound i thought?
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-14 08:43:37
Link | Citer | R

It seems Weathermon can make sounds. I've actually made some for weather events. I could convert them fine. I placed them all in:
C:\Program Files\Windower4\plugins\sounds\weathermon
I've titled them:
Dark
Earth
Fire
Light
Water
Wind
Thunder
Ice
Just as they appear in the weathermon settings XML I found here:
C:\Program Files\Windower4\plugins\settings
I right-clicked, Open With, Choose Program, Notepad, clicked the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" thingy and hit OK.

Now I'm looking at a text document with the following in it:

What would I change in that to make it work without having to fiddle with it in console while ingame. I'd like it to just... always work. I know how to make it not work. Just delete the .wav files it wants to load.

Hehe. Here is a link to the .wav files I've been working on. I'm probably only going to use the "plain" ones and even then, only when I'm actively camping a weather, but I am pretty proud of the wit of some of the "unique" ones. Wind, Ice, and Light especially. Have a listen.

Anyhoo, like I said: Is there something I can do to that code above in spoilers to make sounds always active (if they exist in the sounds folder of weathermon)?

Thanks in advance for any help this complete n00blet coder can receive from you.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-14 08:48:10
Link | Citer | R

WeatherMon already has sounds in it, you don't need to put custom sounds in. Just turn the sound playing on and set the ones you want to track and then bam.

So change all the falses between the weathers you want to true, like <trackFire>false</trackFire> to <trackFire>true</trackFire> then just reload weathermon, then when a fire weather starts it will play the default sound, which I think I made it say something like "Weather Alert: Fire".
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-14 09:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted. It would have been kind of neat to put in some of those more witty unique sounds, but I guess they would get annoying after a while.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-15 08:25:35
Link | Citer | R

You can set your own custom sounds, at the bottom of the settings file it has trackFireSound etc, if you put your sounds in plugins/sounds/weather then set the trackFireSound as whatever the files name is (FireSound.wav for example) then reload weathermon it "should" work... unless my memory deceives me, which is common...

All sounds must be wav format though.