Forum » Windower » General » Itemizer plugin
Itemizer plugin
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-02-19 18:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone use it? Basically, it just moves items between your inventory/satchel/sack/etc via commands. It can't bypass the game engine's function though, so it can only move one item at a time, with a slight delay inbetween each move, similar to how it moving items around work via menu selection.

Given that it moves one item at a time, I just can't seem to figure out how you would use this plugin productively, assuming you're trying to use it to equip items that are originally in the mog satchel/sack. Since it moves one item at a time, there's no way to move 12 items from the satchel/sack to your inventory before your WS or spell goes off.

Knowing that, I tried to move to the next best thing: staves. If it works, it would allow me to utilize all magian staves efficiently without destroying my inventory space(which is the whole point of using this plugin).

Of course, life isn't that kind, and I quickly found that the Itemizer plugin isn't fast enough to swap gear in for precast. It will work, however, if you put a small 'wait .5' before your spell, and it will work every time. This does come with a small problem, however, since you're now putting in a .5 wait for every single one of your spells. For example, this is completely infeasible for a spell like 'stun'.

For most other spells, this will effectively nulls the -14% spell casting time effect on the staves, which is pretty annoying, but I'll live.

The last option I can think of is switching in and out the obis, since they aren't required for precast. That should work just fine.

That said, does anyone know any other way to use this plug in productively?
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-19 18:29:37
Link | Citer | R

I have item macros I use which are nice in tight situations like holy waters, remedy, panacea. I also keep forbidden keys in satchel so my gear collector won't move them and /item "Forbidden Key" <t> will actually draw it out of satchel and use the key on the chest. I also have a hot key set for instant warp scrolls since I use a crapload everyday it'll draw that out from anywhere I stick it. Short answer is it's great for consumable items.

Also it's good if I'm playing a mule or a mage and don't know here my meds are. I can't type a quick /item "Echo Drops" <me> to use the item and not waste time finding in sack or satchel. I find myself doing that a lot.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-02-19 18:33:40
Link | Citer | R

its nice for nin tools that just for for procs
the slight delays does not make or break anything,
but getting all the free space in you main inventory for swap pieces is nice.

i also use for forbidden keys

its all bout moving none-gear stuff out of main inventory and thereby free up main inventory for swap gear.
not to move your swap gear around
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-19 18:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Why even play the game if you are too lazy to even move things into your inventory by yourself? People are so sad these days.
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-19 18:43:47
Link | Citer | R

When you're 78/80ish most of the time how are you going to keep all those meds in your inventory? Not a matter of laziness there. It's a mechanism to expand your active inventory.
[+]
By Xcloud 2013-02-19 18:44:48
Link | Citer | R

In the end i divided my jobs between my main and my mule. My main is normally DD/tanks jobs and my mule is mage/support jobs. As a result i have enough inventory space that i never have to use the porter moogle to gear a job (as my friend does every time he goes to job change, it truly scares me!) so i actually use itemizer to gear my jobs. Literally i switch to a lvl 1 job (takes all my gear off) hit a macro i call (IN) and it puts all my gear in the mog house via the itemizer command. Once (IN) finishes i hit a second macro called (OUT) and it will take all the items out of my mog house that i use for that job (i have these macros for all jobs). The only issue with this method is that you need to really keep track of your inventory by making sure where your storing things always has space. Basically i just allocate all my nin/sam gear in 1 spot, all my meds/currency/ in another, all my proc weps/movement speed gear go in satchel. . . ya you really have to organize in a way that fits your inventory situation but if you can organize it you will basically have an 'auto gearrer' for your jobs. Technically you could do it all in 1 macro but that would get pretty complicated and i never had time to try it. Hope this sparks any ideas (if you have the inventory space to do it of course!)