New Installer & WeatherMon
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-02-15 05:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Apparently I don't have the ability to post in the news section, so someone feel free to move this if they can <3.

We've created a new installer for Windower (Not that most people here need it, but still) which should make setting up Windower & plugins much simpler for basic users :D You can get it over at the Windower site. It will now allow you to install ALL plugins, the dependencies (.net framework and visual c++ redist).

Also, we've released a new plugin today, WeatherMon. In short, WeatherMon is designed to allow you to track the current weather easily, even while in battle! It will also alert you on weather changes so its useful when camping weather for trials and nms.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-02-15 05:50:31
Link | Citer | R

so does it pull from Windows update or do you actually package those?

I'm fairly certain that the redistributal is good (if I remember reading accurately) but isn't the .net framework not available to freely distribute?

aside from that: awesome, will be great for the less tech-savvy folks.

(yay weathermon)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-02-15 06:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
so does it pull from Windows update or do you actually package those?

I'm fairly certain that the redistributal is good (if I remember reading accurately) but isn't the .net framework not available to freely distribute?

aside from that: awesome, will be great for the less tech-savvy folks.

(yay weathermon)

3.5 framework and VCR are in the installer but 4.0 framework is downloaded since its like 40mb. I'm not sure if they're freely available to distribute, but it's on every website known to man so I'm sure if its illegal I'll be hearing from their legal team soon xD. Not like I rebranded it or anything /shrug.
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-02-15 09:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Weather mon looks great - finally i can stop using autoexec for it. I dont have the weather Icon appear - any ideas?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-02-15 11:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder said: »
Weather mon looks great - finally i can stop using autoexec for it. I dont have the weather Icon appear - any ideas?

Yeah, theres a problem with ATI cards not displaying icons, not something that can be fixed right now since its a problem with the windower hook :(.