First Page 2
 Siren.Scottyb
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-01-13 15:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Hey,

I've had a look at the current TP thread for monk and I was just wondering of anyone could post a more toned down TP set, by that I mean I'm pretty casual these days, no EGLS anymore so I won't be going to Legion or be able to afford any hexed -1 gear.

In terms of NNI I've never done it and don't want to pay for pieces of gear because I just play monk for fun in places like salvage 1 and abyssea.

I can go to abyssea and get all the +2 (I have some) but Im wondering about which pieces are droppable in favour of others for example melee gloves +2.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help, I'm stuck in the library writing a report on FPLC so bored and thought I'd put a feeler out.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-13 15:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Tantra+2/Rancor/Ghillie+1/Brutal
Tantra+2/Melee+2/Rajas/Epona's
Atheling/Blackbelt/Tantra+2/Tantra+2

Pretty much all Abyssea stuff a casual player can farm up over time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-01-13 16:00:28
Link | Citer | R

^Pretty much that. You can go full AF3 +2 if you have a Brown Belt, otherwise switch hands for relic +2. Potestas Bomblet for ammo, or Thew if money's tight. Brawny Adargas for weapon until you get Vere.
 Siren.Scottyb
Serveur: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-01-14 08:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Thanks I already have Black belt so Im good with relic +2 it looks like
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-14 18:03:10
Link | Citer | R

If you do happen to get in to NINI, Thaumas Coat also allows you to swap helm to Ganesha's Mask (the head from Hahava - T4 Voidwatch Sandy NM).
 Bahamut.Shirai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-01-17 01:39:14
Link | Citer | R

For head and hands you can also start doing Salvage and Neo Salvage.
Usukane somen +1 and gote +1 is a very good combo for mnk and is quite in reach, even for the casual player.
By Mookies 2013-01-17 02:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey,

I've had a look at the current TP thread for monk and I was just wondering of anyone could post a more toned down TP set, by that I mean I'm pretty casual these days, no EGLS anymore so I won't be going to Legion or be able to afford any hexed -1 gear.

In terms of NNI I've never done it and don't want to pay for pieces of gear because I just play monk for fun in places like salvage 1 and abyssea.

I can go to abyssea and get all the +2 (I have some) but Im wondering about which pieces are droppable in favour of others for example melee gloves +2.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help, I'm stuck in the library writing a report on FPLC so bored and thought I'd put a feeler out.

Don't ever pay for NNI gear from those shouts. They exploit/hack and you will eventually get banned when SE gets around to taking care of them (retroactively as well).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-17 02:28:16
Link | Citer | R

lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-17 02:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Mookies said: »
Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey,

Don't ever pay for NNI gear from those shouts. They exploit/hack and you will eventually get banned when SE gets around to taking care of them (retroactively as well).

LOL, tell that to the people fishing in the glacier on your server. Or the people who put s/i up and run at flee speed through zones. Or the people who craft until their inventory is empty while AFK.

SE is definitely "getting around to it".
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-17 02:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
LOL, tell that to the people fishing in the glacier on your server. Or the people who put s/i up and run at flee speed through zones. Or the people who craft until their inventory is empty while AFK.

Seeing as he specifically mentioned shouts, it's highly possible he's referring to the RMT that have been shouting about it(on my server, anyway). I was under the impression they'd just take your gil and log, but it's possible you could get a linked ban as well if they somehow convinced you you hadn't been duped.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-17 02:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Seeing as he specifically mentioned shouts, it's highly possible he's referring to the RMT that have been shouting about it(on my server, anyway). I was under the impression they'd just take your gil and log, but it's possible you could get a linked ban as well if they somehow convinced you you hadn't been duped.

Ah, I missed that, I just saw the words "hack/exploit" and assumed he was white knighting. I've never seen shouts to buy NNI gear on Bahamut, people usually just post about it on AH (which is the only way I would pay for clears if I needed them).
By Mookies 2013-01-17 03:20:40
Link | Citer | R

I can only imagine with the way people are exploiting/hacking in NNI these days that SE will eventually do something about it. Virtually everyone I've talked to has either used the exploits/hacks or had multiple people in their group doing so. We even had people leave our NNI static because we would not use exploits. Also considering that SE didn't want the gear to be easily obtainable, and that hacks/exploits can give you a 100% floor 100 clear rate, I'm guessing people are eventually going to get banned for this.

Does anyone remember the salvage bans? Prepare for the butclenching 6 months to a year from now when SE finally gets around to banning people.

Basically what I am saying is: If you buy that shout NNI gear you run the risk of getting perma banned at some point in the future. Because the only way they can guarantee a floor 100 clear with a random job/player is if they are hacking/exploiting. Especially if they can't speak any english, seem to be dual boxing, and seem re-re. Also for those people running NNI with hackers/exploiters that think you're an angel because you don't do it yourself...
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-17 03:34:41
Link | Citer | R

hacks/exploits can give you a 100% floor 100 clear rate

nope.
By Mookies 2013-01-17 03:37:52
Link | Citer | R

nope.

Uh yeah... unless you're fkin terrible.

Multiple people I know on my server have gone 15/15 on 15 tags. Seriously.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-17 03:45:40
Link | Citer | R

nope.

Uh yeah... unless you're fkin terrible.

Multiple people I know on my server have gone 15/15 on 15 tags. Seriously.

Multiple people I know have bought clears from groups that run at flee speed through walls, and still timed out on 90+ on occasion by too many lamp floors/too many NM in kill-all floors/whatever their problem was. I'm 14/15 legit so I don't care, I'm just saying, using clipper doesn't make floor jumps less random.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-17 04:18:58
Link | Citer | R

I didn't have the luxury of having a nyzul group before the .dat changes were made, but that's the only thing I could see making it 100% when it was used with the other programs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-17 04:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Went 15/10 or so on my main. No clipper, no flee hacks, GM tool/ja0wait/spellcast of course.

I wouldn't say 100% win rate is possible for anyone, but a coordinated group should easily be able to exceed 97%.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-17 04:34:09
Link | Citer | R

You have better luck than most.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-17 11:04:32
Link | Citer | R

I've carried a MNK wearing this ***and went 1/2 with them, don't remember the accessories, but they were equally bad. Didn't gear swap, used Ascetic's Fury the whole time. They even managed to somehow be in our dynamis group call instead of our NNI group call.
 Odin.Cyprias
Serveur: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-01-17 17:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Sounds legit.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-17 19:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Cyprias said: »
Sounds legit.
It is. I'm sorry everyone thinks NNI is too hard. The rest of my group knew what they were doing, MNKs attacked blunt weak NMs, DRKs used powder boots the whole run, setup up who goes which direction and gets the lamps before the run, etc. Obviously a full group of gimps won't be able to make it, but 6 competent, decent geared players should have no problems if they communicate properly.
 Odin.Cyprias
Serveur: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-01-17 19:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I agree with you. When doses of retard are splat all over the place with high-tiered gear characters/jobs, it's just as bad as having no Embrava at all. Fair enough to say that if NNI dictates if you suck, then you really suck. It's probably why I enjoy the event.

Honesty post: I misread what you meant when you said 'carried' and thought you said 'caught.' Nonetheless it's commendable you can do well with a MNK like that.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-17 19:34:08
Link | Citer | R

We felt bad for their Girru, rank 2 winner.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-17 19:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Hijacking thread because *** it. Working on Vere, looking at these sets

TP

VS

SS

I don't see any glaring changes outside of -1 ***that I'm not interested in getting and Usu+1 that I'm working on, am I wrong?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-17 19:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Smite Kacura +1, Shijin, attack or dex earring, (TP boost is just plague) Byakko's Haidate, wanion belt.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-17 19:54:08
Link | Citer | R

fixed thanks
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-17 19:54:39
Link | Citer | R

Job change to BLU, more damage, more survivability, better at everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-17 19:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I know but I want to be able to afk on everything when I'm doing Salvage
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro