360 X-mote?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » 360 X-mote?
360 X-mote?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-06 14:41:15
Link | Citer | R

What you guys think?

discuss.
 Asura.Suzakualbion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Suzakualbion 2009-06-06 14:43:55
Link | Citer | R

in one word....disapointment i bought my 360 cause i didnt like the whole motion sensory gimmick.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-06 14:52:38
Link | Citer | R

I think it looks pretty *** cool. Of course, I'm not going to get all excited about it until I see some real demos of it in practical usage, but yeah, got some possibilities.

Apparently the guy that was behind the head tracking for Wii stuff (Johnny Chung Lee, if you've never seen his video's, check 'em out...he does some sick ***with standard electronics.) has been working on this for Microsoft, and that alone gives me hope that this won't be gimmicky.

I mean, yeah, Wii pioneered it, that much is a given...but why not have a more robust system? I like the fact that you don't need controllers at all...you can pretty much do whatever. And the ability to scan ***in looks cool, too, like for adding objects in and whatever.

So yeah, I dunno...I'm looking forward to seeing it. Wonder what it's gonna cost? lol
 Fenrir.Bleublood
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bleublood
By Fenrir.Bleublood 2009-06-06 14:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Looks promising, but like the Wii it probably won't work as well as you would suspects from this ad.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-06 14:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Yea it kinda looks cool and so. But how the hell are they gonna work it out if you dont have any controllers what so ever and you got ppl in the same room? I'm kinda curious how the game would know who is to control what.
 Fenrir.Bleublood
By Fenrir.Bleublood 2009-06-06 15:01:30
Link | Citer | R

The range is what confuses me lol. Like in the race car game, will it be able to see your feet so you can control the gas, or will there be a different way to control the gas and brakes?

Also, that hand to hand fighting game just looked so badass hahaha. I hope it works that well to fight effectively.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-06 15:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Yea it kinda looks cool and so. But how the hell are they gonna work it out if you dont have any controllers what so ever and you got ppl in the same room? I'm kinda curious how the game would know who is to control what.

It probably "scans" you at the outset, and just watches you constantly. I'm betting before any game there will be a calibration where it has to "Select" you from a group and pick out the points on your body it's gonna track. It's got voice activated ***, too, so I'm also betting that you have to tell it "NO, that's not me, THAT's not me, Wrong again, that's the cat, now you got my head and my sisters ***, LOLZ" until it gets you selected correctly.

Maybe.

I know I'm gonna have to turn off that auto logon ***, I walk by my xbox 3 billion times a day, I don't want it logging me in everytime I walk by lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-06 15:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Bleublood said:
The range is what confuses me lol. Like in the race car game, will it be able to see your feet so you can control the gas, or will there be a different way to control the gas and brakes?

Also, that hand to hand fighting game just looked so badass hahaha. I hope it works that well to fight effectively.

I can already see ppl hitting each other on accident in 2 player mode lol
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-06 15:06:04
Link | Citer | R

It looks like alot of the games might be too tiring.
I remember dying after an hour of playing that...whatever game for the ps2 with the camera >.>
and I could see it not working in a dark house like mine.

Either way it looks good for those "casual gamers"
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-06 15:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Bleublood said:

I can already see ppl hitting each other on accident purpose in 2 player mode lol

Fixed.
 Fenrir.Bleublood
By Fenrir.Bleublood 2009-06-06 15:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Lmfao what if we get more incidents like that with people throwing Wii remotes through their Tv's? But instead, we have people pucnching and kicking holes in the tv's and/or drop-kicking their best friend on accident hahahaha
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-06-06 15:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Looks pretty awsome to me. I've always hated trying to get non-gamers to try out gaming, and I think the controller aspect stopped a lot of people. If this works as well as it does in the video, I can see members of my family partaking in video gaming as much as I do now.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-06-06 15:33:34
Link | Citer | R

What about when you play racing games?

Manual
or
Automatic

How will the camera know if you're pressing on the clutch or the gas/brake?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-06 15:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:

I'm going with "magic".
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-06-06 15:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I'm going with "magic".

This^
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Serveur: Garuda
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-06-06 16:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Elkanah said:

I'm going with "magic".

yup that's what they said
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-06 17:00:13
Link | Citer | R

as far as shifting goes, at 0:48 into the vid you can see the girl driving drop her arm down in a shifting manner and here the transmission shift. but for gas and brake not sure. doesn't look like her feet are doing anything.
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-06 17:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys not see whats happening?
Once they scan you in.....they can watch you whenever they feel nessaccary
its all a governmental ploy to steal moa freedom.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-06 17:29:52
Link | Citer | R

Rhinok said:
Do you guys not see whats happening?
Once they scan you in.....they can watch you whenever they feel nessaccary
its all a governmental ploy to steal moa freedom.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-06 18:37:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

It looks amazing but I have a feeling it's gonna take at least a few months of touch ups and calibrating to be even remotely close to the precision keyboards and controllers provide. For assured time and accuracy I'd keep using controllers, but this does indeed look very fun for the casual crowd or those who wanna play outside the box.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-06-07 03:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Soooo let me get this straight... you buy a video game console because you suck at sport and don't like going outside. Then you buy this "full body controller" so you can suck at sports online? I'll be sticking with my stone age controller and complicated button combinations, thanks.

Also, ask anyone with an accent how well voice recognition works for them... then think how well it will work when you're drunk. Built-in camera is a recipe for fail. I don't want to see any of you people while you're gaming, and you don't want to see me.

The day I put ON pants to play video games is the day I give them up entirely.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-06-07 05:12:20
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-07 05:20:42
Link | Citer | R

The official info on Xbox website.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-07 06:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for posting this Zan, my friend said to me about it but i forgot to check it out!

It willbe good if its not like the wii in anyway and only half works, ALSO when the kid is the monster and hes walking forwards, they dont show what happens when hegets to the TV, hes gnna have to walk backwards and undo his efforts lmao
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-07 07:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Minusseven said:
Thanks for posting this Zan, my friend said to me about it but i forgot to check it out!

It willbe good if its not like the wii in anyway and only half works, ALSO when the kid is the monster and hes walking forwards, they dont show what happens when hegets to the TV, hes gnna have to walk backwards and undo his efforts lmao

np ^^

Yea I also kinda wonder that. Maybe you gotta practice walking on the spot? lol

I guess the price tag on this is whats gonna decide if im gonna buy it or not, I'm not really a hardcore xbox player. Just bought a 360 a month ago because I knew I was gonna be without internet for a few weeks while moving to my new apartment.