users online
Forum » Windower » General » Avast Internet Security and Windower
Avast Internet Security and Windower
 Carbuncle.Titian
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Titian 2012-11-08 18:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.. but i just bought Avast Internet Security because my avg ran out and now.. its making windower move slower than a fat kid driving a hover round. if you know why its doing this and how to fix it plz tell me ;-;. pretty please with elvaan love on top~
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-08 19:25:18
Link | Citer | R

If you know how to add exceptions to the scanning as well as the real time protection, you should. That's what I had to do for mine, though I've not played XI since I had to reinstall on my new drive so I can't confirm the way I did it works.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-08 19:28:20
Link | Citer | R

We don't need two topics for this, not trying to be rude but another topic was created about 5 min ago.
 Carbuncle.Titian
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Titian 2012-11-08 19:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
We don't need two topics for this, not trying to be rude but another topic was created about 5 min ago.
talking about the one thats about windower being flagged with a virus on site? mine not showing up as virus, just since i installed avast.. windower not wanting to work properly like with AVG n MSE
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-08 19:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Buying an antivirus program.

[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
Serveur: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2012-11-09 03:29:06
Link | Citer | R

I run the freebie Avast and have no problems w/Windower. I have Avast set for silent/gaming mode, other than that I don't think I made any drastic changes from the default settings.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-09 04:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Just disable Avast before the POL screen loads the game. As long as you're not web browsing other sites other than ffxiah, wiki, and bg, you should be just fine.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-09 14:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Titian said: »
Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.. but i just bought Avast Internet Security because my avg ran out and now.. its making windower move slower than a fat kid driving a hover round. if you know why its doing this and how to fix it plz tell me ;-;. pretty please with elvaan love on top~
Well seeing as no one here really helped you.I want to point out.If i remember right that program has a gaming mode.It may also scan in the background.Turn off background scanning and put it in game mode.If that dose not work try reinstalling that and the windower add on.If you try any of my steps please let me know if they work or not i can try to come up with a better idea if they do not.

edit

the no helping him thing not counting the last like 2 post before this.