Hybrid/tablet

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » hybrid/tablet
hybrid/tablet
By Ravenn42 2012-11-07 16:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if these new tablet/hybrid coming out will run ffxi? I figure we can download game from steam and the specs seem to be able to handle the old graphics so I would assume so.

If so anyone know a good one?

Microsoft surface pro looks good. I want a hybrid since I can take it to work and do small scale stuff off of WiFi. I'd prefer to not have bulky bag and cords.
 Asura.Zizek
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-11-07 17:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Yes, from what i understand, the windows 8 tablets such as the surface pro will be able to run Windows games, so that might be possible. Otherwise you can play ffxi on a tablet, but it would have to be via a remote access app.
By leva 2012-11-07 17:51:14
Link | Citer | R

You will be able to install and play FFXI on any tablet running an x86 or x64 operating system.

I recommend Lenovo products because I find them to be of the highest quality manufacture. I would suggest the IdeaPad Yoga 13.3" or ThinkPad Twist 12.5" if you're looking for a new model and aren't limited by cash.

However, having spent a month playing FFXI on a 12.1" hybrid (Lenovo X201 tablet) I can't say the small screen experience is very enjoyable.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2012-11-08 07:32:28
Link | Citer | R

I have a job where I stare at a computer screen for 10 hours and I run the site by myself. I used to bring in my fx gaming laptop but it was a hassle it's bulky and I just want something I can farm trials nm with or clean moghouse. I like the tablets I am using Samsung galaxy 2 right now but that won't run ffxi that I know of.

I guess I will do so more research thanks.