Is There Any Way To See 4-5k ODD On Vere?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Is there any way to see 4-5k ODD on vere?
Is there any way to see 4-5k ODD on vere?
 Cerberus.Celll
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-11-03 02:17:21
Link | Citer | R

I have a LS person claiming they can hit 4-5k on double dmg procs for vere...

They never said what mob it was and what buffs they had. I am leaning towards they are just Bs'ing or fightin' them mobs in tahrongi that take 2x dmg. with counterstance up and kick attacks.

Even with the best of the best gear, and ideal mobs... 4-5k ODD proc.. would be impossible imo... can anyone confirm this? or lend any evidence to such a claim?

I have had vere for about 3 months now and have yet to see a double dmg proc over 1000, even on abyssea mobs
 Phoenix.Zekky
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2012-11-03 02:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Tell him "Pics or it didn't happen, bro/broette"
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-03 03:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Let's say he hit for 500 in a hit. Crit +100% is 1000. ODD is 2000. Double that against weakness and you'll hit 4k. Highly unlikely he'd have maxed crit dmg, but whatever. It's feasible I'd guess but I think you'd really have to be aiming for it, and it'd only be in a very very specific situation.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-03 03:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Should ask him what he's punching that his normal attacks (or normal crits) are doing 2-2.5k, because I want to go punch it too.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-03 05:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Even as a pup getting ODD and AF3+2 proc at 100% HP I don't think you would get that high unless you were fighting something that took increased dmg.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-03 05:27:04
Link | Citer | R

I think probably on bogs or w/e their name is. But they take x2-6 the normal dmg.6 being this VW NM in Aht urgan zone.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-05 04:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Should ask him what he's punching that his normal attacks (or normal crits) are doing 2-2.5k, because I want to go punch it too.
It was my ex. Have at it.

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
I think probably on bogs or w/e their name is. But they take x2-6 the normal dmg.6 being this VW NM in Aht urgan zone.
Dimgruzub
 Cerberus.Devlin
By Cerberus.Devlin 2012-11-05 17:13:01
Link | Citer | R

The best I've seen was on my drk against spectators in aby-ule with near full buffs lol was a 3100 crit melee swing with my caladbolg. Was like wow @_@; no souleater either
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-05 17:25:28
Link | Citer | R

7k crit with my annihilator vs worms when I first got it
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-11-15 19:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Celll said: »
I have a LS person claiming they can hit 4-5k on double dmg procs for vere...

They never said what mob it was and what buffs they had. I am leaning towards they are just Bs'ing or fightin' them mobs in tahrongi that take 2x dmg. with counterstance up and kick attacks.

Even with the best of the best gear, and ideal mobs... 4-5k ODD proc.. would be impossible imo... can anyone confirm this? or lend any evidence to such a claim?

I have had vere for about 3 months now and have yet to see a double dmg proc over 1000, even on abyssea mobs
Highest ive ever crit for is 5k but that was in abysea vs double damage mobs and i had Spharai which does triple dmg, not double.
 Bismarck.Evilbob
Serveur: Bismarck
user: evilbob3
By Bismarck.Evilbob 2012-11-15 20:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Dimgruzub is a pretty fun fight for the epeen #'s, I can nuke for around 25k-40k on it, 50k victory smites etc... but yea, it takes tons of extra dmg, but has like 1m hp :P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-12-20 23:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Just a note here: I suspect I know what happened.

Found a bug in KParser, in a combination of spells cast, counterattacks made, and handling of AOE damage.

Sequence was: Mage casts spell. After that, monk counters an attack. When trying to check whether the text line is part of a multi-line damage effect (eg: Blizzaga III, x takes damage, x takes damage, x takes damage, etc), the regex matched against counterattacks (since they end with "x takes damage"). Because of that, it tried to add it to the previous spellcast message.

In the case I'm debugging, sch casts a 2k Thunder V, but there was no record of the sch casting that spell. Instead, the mnk had a 2k counterattack, because the info from the counter (player name, that it was a counter, etc) overwrote the spell cast.

So most likely your friend parsed a 5k counter and assumed it was an ODD proc, when it was really a mage casting Blizzard V or something.

In any case, I'll be putting up a patched version with this fixed, shortly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-21 00:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Jesus... you write Kparser, too? That's so rad!
[+]