Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM/BLU tanking
RDM/BLU tanking
 Shiva.Vladmir
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2012-10-09 23:44:09
Link | Citer | R

is RDM/BLU any good? I used to hear stories from my friend who would tank HNMs as his RDM/NIN and I was just wondering if RDM/BLU would be any good at tanking. Also thinking about PvP for some fun. I have other jobs but i really wanna make use of my RDM again
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-09 23:45:54
Link | Citer | R

no
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-09 23:50:13
Link | Citer | R

RDM tanking kind of got the mother of all nerfbats at the tail end of 75 cap, not that tanking is really a relevant thing right now regardless.

No idea for PvP but I'd wager you could find a better sub.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-09 23:59:48
Link | Citer | R

/blm works good against really anyone, sleepga will wipe any shadows and put them to sleep. Follow with a few dispells, then nuke them down.

As far as RDM/BLU tanking... Tanking is really irrelevant these days unless you're talking about solo, then there are jobs that do most solo's as well but faster than RDM. RDM/BLU can get over 900 DEF, Att bonus, Max MP boost traits, a few useful spells. But the problem with RDM/BLU is dmg output. Even with Almace and solid DD gear, you're still going to take more time to kill things and thus end up taking more dmg in the long run regardless of how little you are taking at any given time. RDM tanking died because of the nerfs to emnity on a lot of spells. Holding hate is impossible in the long run regardless of who is "tanking", emnity caps entirely too low, and didn't scale as dmg output did from 75-99.

If you want to have some fun and lowman/solo stuff, RDM /BLU /NIN /DRK is a BLAST, but far from efficient.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-10 00:02:16
Link | Citer | R

not sure I'd use /BLM over /SCH or /DRK for ballista
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-10-10 00:03:03
Link | Citer | R

RDM/SCH generally works much better than RDM/BLU for pvp.

EDIT:
Jassik said: »
/blm works good against really anyone, sleepga will wipe any shadows and put them to sleep. Follow with a few dispells, then nuke them down.
Sublimation
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-10 00:11:12
Link | Citer | R

The last time I did ballista I didn't have /sch. Sublimation would be a great way to stay awake.