users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Feet TP gear
Feet TP gear
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-09-27 22:23:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm having some thoughts on feet TP gear for MNK, mainly because I have a few friends that TP in all of the same gear...except the feet and ammo piece. Nothing else varies. I figured I'd ask all of you people good with numbers.

MNK1

Claims: 4hit outparses all others
Feet: Usukane Sune-ate
Ammo: Hagneia Stone

MNK2

Claims: Thaumas feet outparses all
Feet: Thaumas Nails
Ammo: Potestas Bomblet

MNK3

Claims: AF3 feet gives set bonus with 2x tantra gear (legs and feet)
Also, the base damage on kick attacks +45 would outparse all.
Feet: Tantra Gaiters +2
Ammo: Potestas Bomblet

Which do you think would be best? Other pieces are very optimized with no changes at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 22:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the correct answer for Verethragna is Hagneia Stone + AF3 or Thaumas, with the feet being situational. Generally AF3.

So none of the above?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-27 22:36:53
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 feet are winning almost always.

Hagneia if you are using Verethragna, Potestas if the delay is different.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-27 22:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Pretty sure the correct answer for Verethragna is Hagneia Stone + AF3 or Thaumas, with the feet being situational. Generally AF3.

So none of the above?
What situation do Tantra win in? I'm glad someone asked this question because I've been wondering if I should spend time getting +2 feet when I have Thaumas.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 22:46:53
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know the only situation where Tantra don't win is when the DEX gains from Thaumas are significant, but it's not something I've really looked into.

EDIT: Maybe if capped fSTR uncapped pDIF? Granted that's not an especially common situation for MNK TP, maybe with Boost-STR.
[+]
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-09-27 22:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Why would Hagneia stone matter when you can't hit a 4round with only the +3 STP?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 22:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Hagneia Stone cuts your average rounds/WS due to typical TP return from Smite.
[+]
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-09-27 23:00:56
Link | Citer | R

All right...so say we all have a relic. Would it still be the same?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-27 23:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-27 23:04:23
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know the only situation where Tantra don't win is when the DEX gains from Thaumas are significant, but it's not something I've really looked into.

EDIT: Maybe if capped fSTR uncapped pDIF? Granted that's not an especially common situation for MNK TP, maybe with Boost-STR.
Makes sense, I guess I need to get those then.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-09-27 23:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Jinjo and Night for clearing up that discrepancy.
By Peldin 2012-09-28 00:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Dang. I thought I was good to go with Potestas. Is it a significant gain or are we splitting hairs? I'm working on getting my Vere to 95 so not sure if I want to set myself back ~30 plates.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-09-28 01:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Thaumas's DA increases both melee damage and TP gain by means of a higher average of hits per round, the 14 attack if useful increases melee damage and the dex would add somewhere between 1% and 9% crit depending on where you fall in the dDEX scale, unless capped, than obviously they add 0% crit.

On the flipside Tantra adds 45dmg to kicks. Kicks only account themselves for around 9% of all attacks on average, so increasing kick damage by 45 is only somewhere around a 4.5%(closer to 4% probably) increase in total melee damage. If you fully benefit from gaining 2fSTR I think they raise total melee damage by around 6%.

For the most part:
low or no buff situations, use Thaumas
high buff situations use Tantra
 Asura.Ejderha
By Asura.Ejderha 2012-09-28 09:14:25
Link | Citer | R

If you're serious enough about MNK to make your Vere 95, please use the Hagneia Stone. Smite will give you a TP return of 12 assuming you WS in a Rajas Ring. The Hagneia Stone bumps your TP per punch up to 5.5. So, in 8 attack rounds you are back to a perfect 100 TP. It's really more than just splitting hairs unless for some reason you have a regain Moonshade Earring.
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-09-28 09:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ejderha said: »
If you're serious enough about MNK to make your Vere 95, please use the Hagneia Stone. Smite will give you a TP return of 12 assuming you WS in a Rajas Ring. The Hagneia Stone bumps your TP per punch up to 5.5. So, in 8 attack rounds you are back to a perfect 100 TP. It's really more than just splitting hairs unless for some reason you have a regain Moonshade Earring.

With this at my tp set

and this as my WS set

would it be better to WS in Rajas rather than Pyrosoul for the extra 1TP on Smite?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-28 09:37:33
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 feet are winning almost always. Hagneia if you are using Verethragna, Potestas if the delay is different.

What other stp, aside from hagneia, are you assuming for that? I don't really ever play my dual wielder/MA jobs and I'm not too hot on the dps/ws ratio. I guess i'm asking if it's better to make concessions to ws or tp set to provide the stp?

Edit* please disregard that I did not read the last couple posts before opening my fat mouth.
 Asura.Ejderha
By Asura.Ejderha 2012-09-28 10:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes, it would be better to WS in Rajas because unless you get at least 1 double attack during Smite, you are getting an 11 TP return without the Rajas Ring. So, the 8 attack rounds is putting you at 99 TP. Granted you will double/triple/quad attack and have TP overflow a lot, but it's nice not ending up at 99 TP waiting on that next attack round.