Relic +2 V AF3 +2...?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Relic +2 V AF3 +2...?
Relic +2 V AF3 +2...?
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-08-31 17:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Ok so I am working on my mnk, and this is a big question of mine... Melee Gloves +2 or Tantra Gloves +2?

Please note, i do NOT have Verthragna atm, so any gear based on that is out.

Here is my gear set - Any other advice would be welcome!

Another question I have is, Rancor or Faith torq... another self debate there....

Thanks guys!
By Vijara 2012-08-31 17:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Well it depends on what you're fighting but in general af2+2 gloves, rancor collar, ghillie earring +1. Drop the bruiser's earring and faith torque. Also if you're using the af3+2 gloves for anything except maybe a haste set for capping haste on utsusemi, generally you're doing it wrong.
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-08-31 17:59:49
Link | Citer | R

So u think this looks better?

Still at haste cap
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-08-31 18:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Relic +2 feet ?
By Vijara 2012-08-31 18:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Yes that is much better. Also depending on what you're fighting Thaumas Nails can be an improvement too. I don't know how much NNI gear you have but on fodder mobs Thaumas Nails is the way to go.
By Vijara 2012-08-31 18:07:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Relic +2 feet ?

I only use them when using counter-stance and in my counter set.
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-08-31 18:25:50
Link | Citer | R

So stick with AF3+2 for feet?

And I went with NQ Ghillie, i cant see spending an extra 890k for +1 accy and attack... seems like a uneeded expence for 1..
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-08-31 19:01:51
Link | Citer | R

That's what I use, Light Earring is crit rate +1%.

Haste: 25%
Double Attack: 9% (Not including /war obviously)
Triple Attack: 6%
Crit. hit rate: 15%

On most mobs I cap out accuracy, outside of Voidwatch mobs such as Ig-Alima, Botulus Rex, Ocythoe, with Stalwarts Tonic, Accuracy really isn't an issue.

I do lose a chunk of Attack, but with the gain in Crit rate.. It's a pretty neutral ground.
 Odin.Zelphes
Serveur: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-09-03 12:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dreamx said: »

That's what I use, Light Earring is crit rate +1%.

Haste: 25%
Double Attack: 9% (Not including /war obviously)
Triple Attack: 6%
Crit. hit rate: 15%

On most mobs I cap out accuracy, outside of Voidwatch mobs such as Ig-Alima, Botulus Rex, Ocythoe, with Stalwarts Tonic, Accuracy really isn't an issue.

I do lose a chunk of Attack, but with the gain in Crit rate.. It's a pretty neutral ground.

That set is more suited for when Impetus/berserk are active (and/or in situations you have tons of atk buffs/capped)

When you don't, the set dumbwhiteboy posted is better.

Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-09-05 10:09:01
Link | Citer | R

I usually end up getting Brisk Mask ahead of Ganesha's.
 Asura.Werdxi
Serveur: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-09-05 10:24:01
Link | Citer | R

as far as h2h skill in your gear, id generally use it as much as possible, until you end up not being at the next base dmg tier. ie: base dmg =30.2 then you slap on something and it goes to 30.9, take it off. cuz that extra .7 means nothing til it reaches the next full dmg tier. but being a 1 handed weapon user, attack is also very important, so id make sure to keep that in mind.

oh and as a side note, since you dont use verethragna, im going to guess your primary weapon skill of choice is shijin spiral. if this is the case, id go for 99 ToM DEX h2h over your current ones. In my experiance, stacking that modifier makes a world of difference.

good luck
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-09-06 17:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
oh and as a side note, since you dont use verethragna, im going to guess your primary weapon skill of choice is shijin spiral. if this is the case, id go for 99 ToM DEX h2h over your current ones. In my experiance, stacking that modifier makes a world of difference.

Dex is nice for the weaponskill, yes, but not enough to justify going that route. Brawny already has 5 dex on it, so you'd only be gaining 6 dex from Oxyuranis claws. Brawny also gives 1 more base damage, 7 str and 7 less delay. If you need the acc, Oxy's win, but there's not much content where that's at all relevant anymore, so Brawny will tend to be slightly ahead.

Basically, get the Oxy's if you want a situational weapon for times where you need a lot of accuracy, but otherwise there's no particular need to do so.
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-09-21 01:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys,

Going to open this topic up after a few weeks since everyone was a big help last time.

Just got Lv. 80 Empy (should have VS w/i a week!!!) So I am working on my WS build. I would post in the other form for VS build, but almost 1000 posts.. kinda... well crazy in there.

Anyways, I wanted to get some advice. My TP gear is the same as what you guys had me make.

Main questions, can VS double/triple/quad attack? If so, use thumas?

Should I focus on getting souly as much STR as possible?

Thanks guys look forward to the answers and see what you guys reccomend!
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2012-09-22 09:19:09
Link | Citer | R

This is what i use, serves me pretty well... notable upgrades would be Mustela gloves and Wanion belt
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-09-22 13:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Alright, looks like you and most others focus on STR, can VS double/trip attack or anything? If so, should i use Thumas body for WS or do a STR peice?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-09-22 13:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Pipilka over BB?
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-09-22 13:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Quote:

Dex is nice for the weaponskill, yes, but not enough to justify going that route. Brawny already has 5 dex on it, so you'd only be gaining 6 dex from Oxyuranis claws. Brawny also gives 1 more base damage, 7 str and 7 less delay. If you need the acc, Oxy's win, but there's not much content where that's at all relevant anymore, so Brawny will tend to be slightly ahead.

Basically, get the Oxy's if you want a situational weapon for times where you need a lot of accuracy, but otherwise there's no particular need to do so.

I use the STR/ATK 99 Magian. I dunno how close Brawny is, but if you're going to make an Elemental h2h, I'd assume STR/ATK would be the one to make.