Dragoon TP Set/WS Set?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon TP Set/WS Set?
Dragoon TP Set/WS Set?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-27 09:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Sad to say, but my gear for drg is quite lol worthy, most of my problem is the gear that everyone tries to force down my throat is way to pricey for me, I need a decent TP and WS setup for drg.

so far for my TP set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=84910

WS set will be coming soon unless someone can give me ideas, I don't really want something thats over the price of say 1mil+ (I hate to say it, but I am not some rich person in game :(, i'm quite unlucky with gil actually lol)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 09:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Don't expect to spend nothing and be decent. You HAVE to put some effort into a job to not suck. That being said you can make some choices that are more expensive than others.
1. Go after R/E stuff, there is tons of AU stuff that can be done in small groups and has some pretty decent stuff.
2. Spend money on slots that it makes the biggest difference.

A decent budget Drg TP build

Thaso / Pole Grip / ---- / Tiphia Sting
Turban / CC / Diabolos Ear / Brutal
Askar or *** Jerk / Dusk Gloves / Ulth / Rajas
Amemet +1 / Swift / Barbarossa / Aurum Sab

The only items in this set you have to "buy" are weapon, grip, ammo, neck, ABC for brutal, hands, back.

The rest just require effort to get, but not gil.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-27 09:46:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to just go by the gear on your user page since your link there only has like 5 pieces.

Dump those fang earrings and get spike earrings, then work your way towards assault/fowling combo.

Why do you have an omega ring on DRG? Get rid of that crap and get two accuracy rings. Sniper's or Woodsmans will work fine.

Neck? Get a PCC if you can afford it or a Chiv. Chain.

Back you should get Amemet +1. They're not terribly expensive anymore.

That Warwolf Belt you should replace with a Potent Belt, Swift Belt, Life Belt hell even a Sword Belt +1 to TP in.

Grip? Mythril Grip +1, Platinum Grip +1, Pole Grip. Put something there.

Ammo? Smart Grenade is free if you have WoTG just do the quest. Tiphia Sting works also, or RSE ammo if you have it to start with.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-27 09:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much TP gear boils down to this: You want Haste first, then Accuracy, then Attack, then STR/DEX. So if you can't put haste in slot, can you put accuracy? If not can you put attack? If not can you put STR/DEX?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 09:51:22
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Pretty much TP gear boils down to this: You want Haste first, then Accuracy, then Attack, then STR/DEX. So if you can't put haste in slot, can you put accuracy? If not can you put attack? If not can you put STR/DEX?

For the most part, but Drg has a bit more leeway in the acc vs att department
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-27 09:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Hypnotizd said:

Which is true being a 2 hand weapon job. My TP statement was just a global statement for all jobs, of course there are exceptions and situational gear.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 09:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Frobeus said:
Hypnotizd said:

Which is true being a 2 hand weapon job. My TP statement was just a global statement for all jobs, of course there are exceptions and situational gear.

Of course, but its true being Drg :D not being a 2 hand weapon job.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-27 10:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
I'm going to just go by the gear on your user page since your link there only has like 5 pieces.

Dump those fang earrings and get spike earrings, then work your way towards assault/fowling combo.

Why do you have an omega ring on DRG? Get rid of that crap and get two accuracy rings. Sniper's or Woodsmans will work fine.

Neck? Get a PCC if you can afford it or a Chiv. Chain.

Back you should get Amemet +1. They're not terribly expensive anymore.

That Warwolf Belt you should replace with a Potent Belt, Swift Belt, Life Belt hell even a Sword Belt +1 to TP in.

Grip? Mythril Grip +1, Platinum Grip +1, Pole Grip. Put something there.

Ammo? Smart Grenade is free if you have WoTG just do the quest. Tiphia Sting works also, or RSE ammo if you have it to start with.

lol I don't really know why my omega is on my drg, I don't even recall equipping it (might have been when I was showing it to my friend and ffxiah just happened to scan then :/ )
 Diabolos.Cassi
Serveur: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 10:07:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=84918

Here's mine, all gear I have, was wondering if any to change, I do have Snipers x2 and Flame x2. Sadly no Rajas, and no Askar body.

Halp D;
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 10:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Cassi said:

Here's mine, all gear I have, was wondering if any to change, I do have Snipers x2 and Flame x2. Sadly no Rajas, and no Askar body.

Pole Grip for sure. Go do that right now :D

Next I would focus on the legs. Are you close to homam legs? If so, just wait those out, if not then start a Scouting the Talif static and get some barb legs.

Body/Ring combo would be the next thing after legs. W/O askar or aurum body I don't think (I might be wrong) that you will get 6 hit build with just rajas, so stick with your current rings. However, once you get either Askar, Aurum or V fork you will want to get a Rajas right away. The value of a 6 hit build on a 2 handed job is far greater than the value your whm is getting from Tamas.

Those are really the only standard changes to make. Other high money upgrades, Black Tathlum, Dusk Gloves +1, Cerb Mantle +1, Speed / V belt are obvious, but not so easy to get.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 10:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Post your WS gear too.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 10:23:33

Frobeus said:
Post your WS gear too.

Okay, 1sec, this is what I was far more unsure about xD

----
I can get Rajas now. I am not in an LS atm so no Homam legs, and relying on /shouts for Askar.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-27 10:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Cassi said:

Halp D;

lol for that I'd suggest posting on BG in the gear forum. They have lots of gear snobs that will tell you that you are gimp unless you don't have ares =P You're drg looks decent to me.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 10:31:31

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=84927

:X

Shadow/Light gorget, Aurum legs, Wyrm belt, Snipers can be mixed in.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 10:33:26
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Cassi said:

Halp D;

lol for that I'd suggest posting on BG in the gear forum. They have lots of gear snobs that will tell you that you are gimp unless you don't have ares =P You're drg looks decent to me.

Full Ares sux
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 10:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Gonna also say, VERY nice drg. You clearly put a lot of effort into it.

Drg is going to mix and match some pieces depending on the WS, but I'm assuming Drakesbane is your primary so I'll comment according to that.

Same as TP build, get and use Pole Grip here.
Brutal over bushi. While you won't see alot of DA proc with only 7% DA (pole,brutal) the few times that it does proc is going to produce sig more damage than the tiny mods your getting from current grip and bushi.
I'd use warwolf over sword belt. 8 Att vs 5 str 5 dex 3~4 acc.
Heca legs if you can get them are pretty hawt for Drakes or Ares are good too. Since your using a Crit WS places where you can squeeze in dex makes for sexy WS time.

Items i'm not as sure on would be Conte vs Askar and Forager's vs Cuchulians.
Need a better number cruncher for those.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 10:55:51

Frobeus said:

Drg is going to mix and match some pieces depending on the WS, but I'm assuming Drakesbane is your primary so I'll comment according to that.

Brutal over bushi. While you won't see alot of DA proc with only 7% DA (pole,brutal) the few times that it does proc is going to produce sig more damage than the tiny mods your getting from current grip and bushi.
Heca legs if you can get them are pretty hawt for Drakes or Ares are good too. Since your using a Crit WS places where you can squeeze in dex makes for sexy WS time.

I don't have Drakes, I've climbed to 100, and back to 80, done tons of farms, and not a single DRG drop. ; ;
Howevever, thank you very much on the comments, DRG and WHM are my mains, so obviously WHM is the same in gil input. XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-27 10:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Love halberd!!!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 11:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Love halberd!!!

No
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-27 11:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Dasva said:
Love halberd!!!

No

Psh... why not? I've seen good things from it.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 11:02:42

DA/Haste and then enjoy whacking away, and you need like 2000 stones, haha.
But no, the dmg for the polearm is too low, compared to others, seeing as its a halberd and not a lance - drg's primary weapon.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 11:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Cassi said:
Frobeus said:

I don't have Drakes, I've climbed to 100, and back to 80, done tons of farms, and not a single DRG drop. ; ;
Howevever, thank you very much on the comments, DRG and WHM are my mains, so obviously WHM is the same in gil input. XD

Do you have a runic disc with 100 on it? If so, then you just need to do one 100 floor run as Drg and force the pole to drop. If not then have another group merc you one. Drakesbane is far more important than any gear change you could make right now. It's so far above Penta for Drg its not even funny.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-27 11:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Stones easy to get... and seeing a 8 hit drakesbane is hot
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 11:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Frobeus said:
Dasva said:
Love halberd!!!

No

Psh... why not? I've seen good things from it.

Same reasons why Soboro is X after lvl 72.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 11:05:28

Frobeus said:

Do you have a runic disc with 100 on it? If so, then you just need to do one 100 floor run as Drg and force the pole to drop. If not then have another group merc you one. Drakesbane is far more important than any gear change you could make right now. It's so far above Penta for Drg its not even funny.

Sadly, my disc is only 80. Although I'm going to camp WG and scan /sh's. I know how good it is, makes me sad my luck is so poop. Could I make the new ACP body a baby-askar? haha.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 11:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Cassi said:
Frobeus said:

Sadly, my disc is only 80. Although I'm going to camp WG and scan /sh's. I know how good it is, makes me sad my luck is so poop. Could I make the new ACP body a baby-askar? haha.

Yeah you could. Although you'll need Rajas to make it worthwhile. You'll need to use a STP calculator to see if +10 stp is enough for a 6 hit with Thaso though.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-05-27 11:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:
Sad to say, but my gear for drg is quite lol worthy, most of my problem is the gear that everyone tries to force down my throat is way to pricey for me, I need a decent TP and WS setup for drg.

WS set will be coming soon unless someone can give me ideas, I don't really want something thats over the price of say 1mil+ (I hate to say it, but I am not some rich person in game :(, i'm quite unlucky with gil actually lol)

Prime Rule of DRG Gear #1: If you don't have at least +40Acc in gear (assumed 8/8 polearm merits and including Acc rom Dex) you need more. In your case, a SH(+1) would outperform Askar Body.

More to the point, learn to calculate your Hit Rate based upon the mob's Evasion (when known) in relation to your Total Accuracy. The sooner you get a grasp on these formulas, the sooner you will understand why certain gear choices are correct.
 Ramuh.Ardath
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-05-27 11:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Mogue said:
Fyyvoaa said:

Prime Rule of DRG Gear #1: If you don't have at least +40Acc in gear (assumed 8/8 polearm merits and including Acc rom Dex) you need more. In your case, a SH(+1) would outperform Askar Body.

More to the point, learn to calculate your Hit Rate based upon the mob's Evasion (when known) in relation to your Total Accuracy. The sooner you get a grasp on these formulas, the sooner you will understand why certain gear choices are correct.

WTF? Are you missing that much that you need +40 Acc, I don't have even close to that, and missing is few and far between. Not saying that I'm a uber Drg, but my gear is 8/10 I would say, just missing the few ring's and earrings. But to clear the air, Drg does not need +40 Acc, at least not as a Elv. Number #1 Rule.....maybe not.
 Diabolos.Cassi
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 11:37:04

Theres sushi too
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-05-27 11:44:40
Link | Citer | R

Ardath said:
WTF? Are you missing that much that you need +40 Acc, I don't have even close to that, and missing is few and far between. Not saying that I'm a uber Drg, but my gear is 8/10 I would say, just missing the few ring's and earrings. But to clear the air, Drg does not need +40 Acc, at least not as a Elv. Number #1 Rule.....maybe not.

Don't give bad information. If you understood how accuracy worked you'd know how much you need to cap. "Eyeballed" evaluations are made of failure.

Cassi said:
Theres sushi too

Uh... No, there isn't.
First Page 2