users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Mnk DPS spreadsheets
Mnk DPS spreadsheets
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-30 11:01:05
Link | Citer | R

I was wanting a central location for Mnk DPS spreadsheets if you all have them public.

Here is the link for Motenten's it's the only spreadsheet I've messed with so far.

Motenten's Mnk spreadsheet

How accurate are these in calculating set bonus? For instance Athos, Thaumas, or Tantra +2?
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2012-07-30 12:28:04
Link | Citer | R

I've been messing with it a bit too... Not sure how accurate it is... According to it, I came up with the following for Victory Smite...

Heafoc + Tantra Gaiters+2 beats out Heafoc and Kacura Leggings +1...

...but Mustela Gloves + Kacura+1 beats Mustela and Tantra+2...

Seems odd to me... A few other things were a bit surprising...
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-30 12:29:13
Link | Citer | R

That sounds like an acc issue to me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-30 12:29:17
Link | Citer | R

overvalues/undervalues attack quite considerably, disparity between an average pDIF and an average cRatio, so if there's some sizable difference in attack between x vs y, you could see some inaccuracy based on what you'd assume to be better compared to what the spreadsheet spits out.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-30 12:38:02
Link | Citer | R

I've come across a couple of things that weren't correct in various spreadsheets - it's not really surprising, they contain a ton of stuff, and it's not like they go through a QC process. If something looks wrong, it very well could be, but I've found that if you look into it, the problem can be easily understood. They're still a very good tool.

As far as other unexpected results, I've definitely been surprised, too. But in those cases, it ended up being something like having Berserk active when I thought it was inactive, or having the wrong mob selected.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-30 13:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »

How accurate are these in calculating set bonus? For instance Athos, Thaumas, or Tantra +2?

No less accurate than the methods these programs utilize to incorporate the stats from all other gear as far as I know. Whenever a set effect has been relevant to one of the sets I was looking at, I would give one of the pieces of gear in the set whatever the additional stats are acquired by the set effect. For instance, when looking at a set that has Athos Hands and Legs equipped at the same time, I added 3% crit rate to athos's gloves in the armor database to account for the set bonus from having two items equipped. (Just be sure to return the item's values to normal after you have finished examining the numbers).
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-30 13:30:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm also confused on the first page what Set Ratios are. They are found under combined results. Set 1 is set as 180 and Set 2 as 120.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-30 13:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Time ratios for each set for the purpose of calculating net DPS. 180 seconds and 120 seconds in that case, which lines up with Berserk/Impetus uptimes and the following cooldown.

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

No less accurate than the methods these programs utilize to incorporate the stats from all other gear as far as I know. Whenever a set effect has been relevant to one of the sets I was looking at, I would give one of the pieces of gear in the set whatever the additional stats are acquired by the set effect. For instance, when looking at a set that has Athos Hands and Legs equipped at the same time, I added 3% crit rate to athos's gloves in the armor database to account for the set bonus from having two items equipped. (Just be sure to return the item's values to normal after you have finished examining the numbers).
The set bonus field at the bottom of each set is user-editable for this purpose.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-30 14:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Time ratios for each set for the purpose of calculating net DPS. 180 seconds and 120 seconds in that case, which lines up with Berserk/Impetus uptimes and the following cooldown.

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

The set bonus field at the bottom of each set is user-editable for this purpose.

Thank you; that is very helpful to know.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-31 11:32:00
Link | Citer | R

What should I put into the set bonus for Tantra +2 gear?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-07-31 15:02:53
Link | Citer | R

Set bonus for Tantra+2 gear is already handled by the spreadsheet. However that is the only set bonus handled automatically, because it's more complicated than just "+5 str" or whatever.

All other set bonuses are things you'll need to add manually to the blue line, for your particular testing purposes.