Recommendation On Building A PC? (first Time)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Recommendation on building a PC? (first time)
Recommendation on building a PC? (first time)
 Fenrir.Weakness
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-07-30 19:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Meh... other then the fact Bulldozer was supposed to be on par with sandy bridge I don't have many complaints.

OC like champs, but they do get hot as *** though.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-07-30 19:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rebo said: »
Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
heres a half decent prebuilt i found on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227408

just know that with prebuilts they usually lack on decent mobo's and PSU's. (and the cases tend to be meh overall as well)

so don't be suprised if you have to replace the cpu sometime down the road. (shouldn't be more than 50~60$ though)

I give that one a thumbs up for price/what you get ratio.

AMD FX series is pure win, one of the most powerful stable series AMD makes, used this in hundreds of custom builds and have got 0 negative remarks.

sadly i can't wait to try out win8 to see if/how much performance increase i get with the FX series (running an OC'd FX6200 atm, @ 4.2)

was told by several people that the FX series multi threading isn't full supported in win7 and that it was built in for win 8 support.
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-07-30 19:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rebo said: »

just know that with prebuilts they usually lack on decent mobo's and PSU's. (and the cases tend to be meh overall as well)

so don't be suprised if you have to replace the cpu sometime down the road. (shouldn't be more than 50~60$ though)

I give that one a thumbs up for price/what you get ratio.

AMD FX series is pure win, one of the most powerful stable series AMD makes, used this in hundreds of custom builds and have got 0 negative remarks.

sadly i can't wait to try out win8 to see if/how much performance increase i get with the FX series (running an OC'd FX6200 atm, @ 4.2)

was told by several people that the FX series multi threading isn't full supported in win7 and that it was built in for win 8 support.

Windows 8 has already proven to be a flop on PCs with the beta. Unless they do some serious overhauling on 8, it will just be on next gen tablets and overall be the next Vista.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-07-30 19:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Interesting... might look into that...

Of course I guess when it comes down to it...better to just build one from scratch (build from previous page is what I'd go for unless there's some recommendation to alter)
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-07-30 19:52:49
Link | Citer | R

I tend not to be biased in the CPU world. The FX series is okay, but strictly speaking unless you are doing like hardcore video/photo editing and encoding, then sandy bridge is better.

Over all I am happy with my 8120, but I'm a realist and wont doubt that a 2500k wouldn't whomp me in benchmarks.

My two fanboyism are nVidia, because I don't think I have ever run into compatibility or driver issues like I have with AMD; and Corsair... because they have good products, awesome customer support, and have had very little issue with any of their products (and issues I have had have been taken care of by their awesome customer support :D).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-30 19:56:40
Link | Citer | R

EVGA nVidia cards are the best I have ever dealt with, no contest.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-07-30 19:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Over all I am happy with my 8120, but I'm a realist and wont doubt that a 2500k wouldn't whomp me in benchmarks.

Are you referring to the processor I showed you?

I just want something that'll last me awhile w/o having to worry bout having to upgrade something. :P seems like might just be with the building from scratch lol I figured I'd have to pay close to 900 if I wanted something that's actualy good...just had slim of hope haha
 Fenrir.Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-07-30 20:03:36
Link | Citer | R

2500k is the intel i5 sandy bridge I first listed.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-07-30 20:29:17
Link | Citer | R

2500k is the intel i5 sandy bridge I first listed.
OH yea right right i forgot i didn't mess with the cpu ><

May I ask what "K" means.
Not having 3rd generation isn't a big deal right?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-30 20:30:42
Link | Citer | R

k = unlocked, which means you can overclock it

2500k is, imo, the most reasonable intel processor out at the moment for gaming.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-07-30 20:34:28
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok....
Although it'll be a bit more annoying to deal with, I think imma stick with making the build as I feel it'll be an interesting experience...

Of course can't get all the parts at once.....well...technically I can but trying to be responsible with my money :P
 Phoenix.Brucie
user: Demon
By Phoenix.Brucie 2012-07-30 22:32:47
Link | Citer | R

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressure-heatsink,3058-5.html