lol, I know!!
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-07-11 23:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I've had a theory BBB, and I don't want to hijack your thread with it, but it may be a worth a try. I haven't made the time to try yet because I don't really spam Qilin or anything right now, so haven't had the opportunity to test it... but here goes.

Rubicund Cells improve Quality of drops. For sake of the argument (And this is the weakness of the argument. The whole theory rides on this assumption.):

Qilin:
HQ4: Coruscanti
HQ3: Lux Pugio
HQ2: Fajin Boots
HQ: Houyi's Gorget
NQ: Heavy Metal Pouch

If we assume that higher tiers of items are unlocked with the more ruby you have, Rubicund cells can actually lower your drop rate of HMPPs because it increases the number of drops possible for the HQ slot.

Cobalt cells on the other hand increase the amount of drop slots you have. We know there is only one HQ drop slot, and you don't always get the HQ slot, but in my opinion, Cobalt gives you a higher chance of receiving that HQ slot. Suppose there's 10 slots total, 1 being the HQ slot. If we receive 5/6 slots, it's over a 50% chance of receiving the HQ slot.

So with low ruby and high cobalt, you have a higher chance of receiving the NQ drop... IF HMPP is the NQ drop, this would be a boon to anyone hunting them. The question would then be, at what ruby threshold is each HQ tier unlocked, and how can we control this efficiently.

Food for thought.

This is actually pretty damn good. I'm going to start doing every Qilin I see, and use Cobalt opposed to Rubicand cells and I'll record the results.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-12 00:31:00
Link | Citer | R

I'd be thrilled to know the results Dale. Unfortunately because of how low some of these drops are and the nature of the system, it'd take a lot of unfiltered information to consider this any more than a hypothesis.
By Xenshi 2012-07-12 00:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I've had a theory BBB, and I don't want to hijack your thread with it, but it may be a worth a try. I haven't made the time to try yet because I don't really spam Qilin or anything right now, so haven't had the opportunity to test it... but here goes.

Rubicund Cells improve Quality of drops. For sake of the argument (And this is the weakness of the argument. The whole theory rides on this assumption.):

Qilin:
HQ4: Coruscanti
HQ3: Lux Pugio
HQ2: Fajin Boots
HQ: Houyi's Gorget
NQ: Heavy Metal Pouch

If we assume that higher tiers of items are unlocked with the more ruby you have, Rubicund cells can actually lower your drop rate of HMPPs because it increases the number of drops possible for the HQ slot.

Cobalt cells on the other hand increase the amount of drop slots you have. We know there is only one HQ drop slot, and you don't always get the HQ slot, but in my opinion, Cobalt gives you a higher chance of receiving that HQ slot. Suppose there's 10 slots total, 1 being the HQ slot. If we receive 5/6 slots, it's over a 50% chance of receiving the HQ slot.

So with low ruby and high cobalt, you have a higher chance of receiving the NQ drop... IF HMPP is the NQ drop, this would be a boon to anyone hunting them. The question would then be, at what ruby threshold is each HQ tier unlocked, and how can we control this efficiently.

Food for thought.

This is actually pretty damn good. I'm going to start doing every Qilin I see, and use Cobalt opposed to Rubicand cells and I'll record the results.

Certainly makes a lot of sense. I spam Qilin likes there's no tomorrow and I trade ruby cells everytime and I do in fact see the Lux, neck and boots far more than I do the pouches. If your theory is correct or not not sure, but I'm a believer! I'll give it a shot the next time I make a group.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-12 01:22:32
Link | Citer | R

You could farm dynamis as well, for two hours of your time you can get 50-80 of each type of coin which is like 20+ heavy metals per day.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-12 20:35:28
Link | Citer | R

All great ideas!! Anything else??
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-12 20:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Salvage. SSR yields a decent amount of alex.

You can't enter alone but you can have people DC, tele, warp or log out to let you in. Alex sells very well for 20k and you can probably get more. Prices have been going up lately.
 Phoenix.Nerji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-07-17 19:00:15
Link | Citer | R

Right, I'm calling *** on Uptala dropping more pouches.

Just finished my 24th kill with 0 pouches, I think they all have the same drop rate %, just that it isn't done often and if someone just happened to be lucky enough to get 1 or 2 pouches in 6 kills everyone finds out about it and assume he drops more.

Stick to Qilins. A lot faster to kill and form groups for. Unless ofc you want the other drops from Uptala

Edit: Got a pouch on the 27th kill out of 30.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-17 23:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Tried the ruby cells. Got plates but no pouches. But more consistent than I have seen . Thank you!!
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 23:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Tried the ruby cells. Got plates but no pouches. But more consistent than I have seen . Thank you!!
Got plates on a zilart 3?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-18 07:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Not that one dude. Tried the cells thing for slots. Sorry for any confusion. And it's seems to kinda of work. Well at least it has given me the best luck so far!!
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-18 13:04:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused lol. I don't believe you can get pouches and plates off the same mob, unless something new came up. So when you say you got plates and no pouches, it makes me think you believe you can.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2012-07-18 14:37:00
Link | Citer | R

i tried this couple of days ago.
i was 0/60+ on Qilin for pouches.
only traded cobalt cells, in x12 run got two pouches.
Dunno if i was just finally due or had to do with no ruby cells.
i'll keep trying and see if my ratio improves.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-18 14:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Nerji said: »

Just finished my 24th kill with 0 pouches, I think they all have the same drop rate %, just that it isn't done often and if someone just happened to be lucky enough to get 1 or 2 pouches in 6 kills everyone finds out about it and assume he drops more.

Stick to Qilins. A lot faster to kill and form groups for. Unless ofc you want the other drops from Uptala

Uptala has less quality drops than Qilin, so in theory he should have a higher drop rate.
But we're talking about VW so...
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-07-18 14:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Phoenix.Nerji said: »

Uptala has less quality drops than Qilin, so in theory he should have a higher drop rate.
But we're talking about VW so...

Just checked wiki and they both have the same amount

Code
Murasamemaru X			Coruscanti X
Bizen-osafune V			Lux Pugio V
Ace's Mail R			Houyi's Gorget R
Arbuda Grip V			Fajin Boots V
Hvy. Metal Pouch V		Hvy. Metal Pouch V
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-18 14:51:05
Link | Citer | R

So does Aello, for that matter.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-18 14:51:40
Link | Citer | R

I forgot the grip, nevermind.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-18 21:48:56
Link | Citer | R

No matter how you look at it, it's still luck and the mercy of the VW Gods!! BTW, 112 plates left to go!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-09-26 07:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Down to my 7 plates to finish!! Now I refuse to buy for more than 95K,lol. Here is my advice, make a relic!!
[+]