Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Ascetic's Fury Build
Ascetic's Fury Build
 Fenrir.Kommisar
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-05 03:29:09
Link | Citer | R

So I've been hearing mixed things as to how I should gear for Ascetic's Fury, so I figured I should just ask you guys and get it over with once and for all.

My current set is:

I was aiming for Athos's Tabard, but I'm 0/30 on that so far, and I obviously need to switch out thew bomblet but I've been lazy. I'll do that asap.

SO anyway, some things I've heard as far as choices for slots are:

neck: Rancor Collar, Nefarious Collar, Elemental Gorget, Justiciar's Torque
body: Athos's Tabard, Toci's Harness
back: Atheling Mantle, Rancorous Mantle
legs: Athos's Tights, Thaumas Kecks

I was thinking of going for 3x athos for the 4% critical hit rate boost, as well as 9% critical damage boost.

I've been thinking of trying out R. Mantle / Nefarious Collar or Justiciar's, but I've just been told that both ele gorget + belt with Rancorous would be the best choice, according to my friend's spreadsheet. I have no idea how I should gear for it now, I tried to gear for it like one would for smite previously, but considering the mods aren't the same, nor are the critical hit rates, I was doin' it wrong.

Was wondering what your guys' thoughts would be as far as the most optimal ascetic set goes. Please/thanks!

edit: i figure prosilio/brutal would be counter intuitive but thanks to glanz's AM, double attack doesn't matter as much. I'm actually starting to question whether brutal is the best earring choice as well.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-05 03:45:28
Link | Citer | R

I can't really help on topic.
But dayum, grats on those h2hs!
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-05 03:48:02
Link | Citer | R

It has a x2 attack bonus and low fTP, making it really easy to gear for.

Tantra Tathlum, Rancorous Mantle+Gorget, Windbuffet/Ele. Belt potentially with AM3 activating on first hit, TP bonus moonshade, Thaumas Coat, and Thaumas kecks.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-05 03:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Looking through FFXIarmory.com, the only thing I could come up with on modifying your crit rate that you didn't already state was Juogi +1. Looks like you could easily cap dDEX with that set against any fodder mobs though.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-07-05 03:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Looking through FFXIarmory.com, the only thing I could come up with on modifying your crit rate that you didn't already state was Juogi +1. Looks like you could easily cap dDEX with that set against any fodder mobs though.

off topic but holy crap when did a site like that pop up? >_>
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-05 03:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Few months ago, give or take.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kommisar
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-05 03:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the help, I'm a bit surprised on the Thaumas Coat though, does it really give that much of a boost considering AM? I'm not arguing that it's better or anything, just curious to see why it might be better than something with mods (i.e. toci or tantra +2)

the rest of it makes a lot of sense though, thanks
 Fenrir.Kommisar
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-05 04:04:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

I actually thought about Juogi as well, but finding it on Fenrir is probably near impossible. There's always hachiryu haramaki as well, but the rest of the stats on it would be utterly useless.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-05 04:22:58
Link | Citer | R

With toci's, windbuffet, and epona's while /WAR, AM3 on first hit would average .920901 fTP, offhand would be .326505. WSC would be 98 at 132 STR/100 VIT.

2+.1+.920901+.326505 = 3.347406

(102+6+98)*3.347406 = 689 base damage

Thaumas, windbuffet, epona's and /war, AM3 fTP boost on mainhand would be 1.017254, offhand would be .459072. WSC would be 92 at 119/100

2+.1+1.017254+.459072 = 3.576326

(102+6+92)*3.576326 = 715 base damage
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-05 05:53:03
Link | Citer | R

How does this ws compare to SS with 99 glanz anyways?
 Fenrir.Kommisar
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-05 12:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
How does this ws compare to SS with 99 glanz anyways?

on anything remotely hard, it crushes spiral, on easier stuff they're pretty close. i had a friend parse qilin a bunch of times and iirc my shijin avg generally was around 2200 while ascetics was around 2500-2700. It can get some really nice spikes in the 4-5k range, it's just that the crit rate is kind of low, so when I ws at 100 tp there is a good chance of it sucking and doing around 1500
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-05 13:04:22
Link | Citer | R

What do you consider to be low crit rate? Fury in Voidwatch should have a pretty decent crit%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-06 01:04:50
Link | Citer | R

For a more useful post out of me, this should be your primary set:

Now as far as possible swaps go:

Head:
  • Khepri Bonnet- Depending on if you know the AGI of mob and where you are on the dDEX scale, this will beat Thaumas Head. Also possibly always better pending Synergy Augment discovery.

Hands:
  • Thaumas Gloves- If using Thaumas Head/Body/Legs will add 1vit+6dex for a 2str loss. Could be better depending on dDEX.

• Mustela Gloves- add 3str+2da for a 7vit/1dex loss.

Rings:
  • Raja's Ring- Depending on dDEX

Legs:
  • Khepri Kecks- Should almost always be better than Thaumas depending on other equipment, and if accuracy is capped. Very interested in Synergy Augment discovery on these.

• Tenryu Hakama+1- Very comparable to Thaumas Kecks. Same as Khepri, knowing the augment would be helpful.

Feet:
  • Mustela Boots- Same Str+Dex as Kacura+1. If using Mustela Gloves these will beat Kacura if set bonus is the same as Athos.

• Thaumas Nails- If using 3 or 4 Thaumas Pieces these will add 8dex+3DA for a 1str/2crit loss. Depending on dDEX these might be nice.

Fenrir.Kommisar
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-06 01:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the post, I think I've looked into most of those options, actually. I was originally going to buy Mustela gloves but I managed to get lucky and go 1/1 athos gloves and 1/2 athos tights and switched to those as they were better according to a friend (turns out he was wrong)

I feel like Mustela Gloves might still be better than athos, but I've already looked at just about all of my dex options, and hitting the dDex sweet spot is going to be incredibly hard for all of it to make a difference, not to mention getting Khepri is probably out of the question for me right now.

Even if I went with the highest DEX options (i.e. relevant thauams and khepri) I'd still only be at about ~155 which I'm pretty sure is still 20+ dex too low.

That being set, after listening to your guys's advice, I've changed mine to your set, -moonshade because I'm too lazy at the moment, and I'm still debating between ele belt and windbuffet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-06 01:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Go windbuffet all the way, if you need the accuracy ele belt will win, but otherwise you're talking about .14fTP compared to aprox .0977fTP. Well I suppose there is also conserve TP on ele belt, but I honestly don't know a good way to account for how it helps.

If you don't have a moonshade, kemas is fine, or maybe a light earring with 1% crit rate? Honestly moonshade isn't miles above the other options for 100-199TP as you will get 2% 1/2 the time and 3% the other 1/2. Compared to Smite where iirc from 100-199 it would be 3crit 25%, and 4crit 75% i think.
 Fenrir.Kommisar
By Fenrir.Kommisar 2012-07-06 02:07:00
Link | Citer | R

I was using a 1% crit Light Earring until recently, should I just go back to that?
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-06 02:14:29
Link | Citer | R

No, never mind. Kemas should win I think, even when only adding 1 damage. Unless I am doing something wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-06 02:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Kemas almost always.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-06 08:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
. Feet:
  • Mustela Boots- Same Str+Dex as Kacura+1. If using Mustela Gloves these will beat Kacura if set bonus is the same as Athos.

As far as a potential set bonus goes, sadly I believe the Magavan set (Magavan Mitts) is an indicator that the legion armor set bonuses are a flat bonus acquired only while wearing all five pieces of the set, as opposed to an additive bonus starting at two pieces like Neo-Nyzul and Athos/Rubeus/Ogier.

If the crit rate is anywhere close to being as weak as +5 Magic Accuracy, I wouldn't get my hopes up for more than a 1-2% crit rate boost--again, that only being acquired while wearing the whole stupid set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-06 11:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Well that's disappointing, didn't even notice the other 2 sets had static set bonus. It probably is 5% crit for the set, but you wouldn't wear the full set anyway, so it's 0% crit. Can definitely scratch them off the list then.