Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK MDT
MNK MDT
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-06-22 00:53:15
Link | Citer | R

So I have been working on my MDT setup and this is the best I can come up with so far with Shellra V.

I'm missing the legs and feet from that, just wondering if anyone knows of any newer gear or improvements could be made to it before I start spamming assaults or something? Not counting DRing sets cause thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Cheers :)
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2012-06-28 22:02:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm not entirely sure I'm right in this... but here's what I go with, although working on remaining pieces...

Tantra+2|Twilight|Brutal|Merman's
Avalon|Denali|Shadow|-6%Dark
Mollusca|BlkBelt|Tantra+2|Tantra+2

It has a nice balance between haste (+25%) and MDT (-25%)... let's you keep it on during some nastier fights where you might be taking constant magical damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-28 22:11:44
Link | Citer | R

I second trying to keep near cap haste even in mdt set if possible for monk. Other suggestions you may of not considered :

Augmented suzy sune ate can get 4+ mdb and several haste.
D ring/dark rings- bit obvious.
Static earring
Shura pants, ive got +6 magic eva on legs, not really worth getting str on them anymore, but gardyloo id perfer.

Personally wouldnt bother with resolute, keep in bbelt or twilight for other dd jobs that set applies to bst/thf etc imo just not worth 2% mdb when you could interrupt a spell from having that haste gear in there possibly. That and its too much ***to carry.

@Fran, thats a nice build, could also buy engulfers cape too in situations you have shellra and only need 22.5% to cap could get a 2nd mermans and engulfers or something.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-06-29 06:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Uggggh. This thread just reminds me of how much I want Gardyloo Trousers, yet it also reminds me that on any occasion I would ever consider hosting the bird (which I would be drop-dead FLOORED if I ever got 15+ people for it)--I should probably be hosting seductive radiance for myrmex mitts instead. :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-06-29 11:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Haste in MDT? I macro this set in for half a second when I see magic damage coming then take it off again. Wouldn't the extra 18MDB be worth it for that split second? I didn't know about the MDB on sune=ate though, probably alot easier to get than assault feet! cheers
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-29 11:42:46
Link | Citer | R

You cant always guess how long the cast will be, also some mobs chainspell you might wanna keep dot on throughout. I didnt say mdb was useless but I wouldnt use resolute over bbelt at all really.

Also that head looks like a pain in the *** to get prob still is at 99, id just wear af3+2 and I doubt you're predicting the exact casting time of every spell cast on you.
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2012-06-29 11:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Depends really on the intended use of your MDT set...

Sure, macro in MagDefBonus gear for nukes, but some mobs have insta-cast spells and high powered magical damage TP moves you can't really predict, especially Voidwatch fights.

It's sometimes beneficial to TP in -DT gear.