Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-06-17 14:13:32
Link | Citer | R

I currently use:

Warlock's Chapeau
Duelist's Tabard +2
Swith Cape

Wondering if I have reached the fast cast limit, or if I should put forth the effort for things like loq earring, purchase nebula cuffs, etc etc.

I know the cap was 50%, but I am to understand that we are already over that at 99 with FC 5?
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:30:56
Link | Citer | R

The fast cast cap was raised to 80% a while back I believe.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-06-17 14:37:18
Link | Citer | R

So:

FC 5 = 30% casting time

Duelists tabard +2 = 12% casting time

Warlock's Chapeau = 10% casting time

for a total of 52% reduction to casting time, I would still have another 18% to obtain from gear?
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Vermithrax said: »
So:

FC 5 = 30% casting time

Duelists tabard +2 = 12% casting time

Warlock's Chapeau = 10% casting time

for a total of 52% reduction to casting time, I would still have another 18% to obtain from gear?

Yes sir.

Witful Belt

Prolix Ring

are great pieces.

There's neo nyzul stuff too, but that's kinda shitty to get.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-17 14:42:51
Link | Citer | R

52+18=70

Some testing a while back suggested the cap may have simply been removed rather than set at 80%. Alternatively, it's possible that certain terms that we believe to be additive (SCH reductions are known to be multiplicative vs FC, for instance) are actually evaluated seperately and multiplied for total CTR (don't remember if this was ruled out), but in practice you can basically assume you're not hitting any caps besides whatever is imposed by casting time and game engine limitations (midcast swaps).
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
52+18=70

Some testing a while back suggested the cap may have simply been removed rather than set at 80%. Alternatively, it's possible that certain terms are evaluated seperately and multiplied for total CTR (don't remember if this was ruled out), but in practice you can basically assume you're not hitting any caps besides whatever is imposed by casting time and game engine limitations (midcast swaps).

Is that true for songcast as well as fast cast? I got past 80% in Abyssea and from eyeballing I think it was continuing to speed up the cast time.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-06-17 14:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Loq earring and the AF3 earring are both kind of nice since they can be stored on slips. Prolix ring is unjustifiably expensive unless you really have money and inventory space to spare.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-17 14:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Loq earring and the AF3 earring are both kind of nice since they can be stored on slips. Prolix ring is unjustifiably expensive unless you really have money and inventory space to spare.

I'm so glad I bought my ring back when it was newish. I picked it up for around 200k I believe.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-17 19:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
Is that true for songcast as well as fast cast? I got past 80% in Abyssea and from eyeballing I think it was continuing to speed up the cast time.

Unless your testing with fraps in an very low lag environment and constantly got that then I wouldn't trust the results.

In standard areas I get a range of about 10% variance just from lag and eyeballing.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2012-06-17 20:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
52+18=70

Some testing a while back suggested the cap may have simply been removed rather than set at 80%. Alternatively, it's possible that certain terms that we believe to be additive (SCH reductions are known to be multiplicative vs FC, for instance) are actually evaluated seperately and multiplied for total CTR (don't remember if this was ruled out), but in practice you can basically assume you're not hitting any caps besides whatever is imposed by casting time and game engine limitations (midcast swaps).

Wow, look at my horrible math lol.

Thanks everyone for the input, time to get some more fast cast gear
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [177 days between previous and next post]
By Arziet 2012-12-11 23:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Not posting to use this set since I know it is over kill. Just posting as an option of gear to play with.

Head 10%
Body 12%
Hands 3%
Legs 5% (augmented)
Feet 5%
Cape 4%
Ring 2%
Neck 5%
Ear1 2%
War2 2%

TOTAL: 50% + Trait 30% = 80%

Spell recast is capped at 1/2 the cast time, So 30s Stoneskin could only be casted as fast as every 15secs.

Fast Cast I do believe is 80% right along with Haste cap.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-12-11 23:50:16
Link | Citer | R

They removed the spell recast cap earlier this year.
By Ophannus 2013-01-09 11:33:25
Link | Citer | R

If you use a Magian staff, you can remove some of the FC gear and still have capped cast(nukes go off around 15% on the cast bar; very fun, borderline Chainspell speed)