Which Of These 3 TP Sets Should I Use?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Which of these 3 TP sets should I use?
Which of these 3 TP sets should I use?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-06-06 21:40:25
Link | Citer | R

So, I'm working on an OA2 Chauve-Souris. Currently all the gear that I have right now, this is the 3 TP sets I made. All 3 I made to cap haste. Which one of the three is best?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-06 21:49:33
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
no matter what you choose, definitely brutal on the left, no contest
fixed
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-06-06 22:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Aerias
Serveur: Fairy
user: Aerias
By Fairy.Aerias 2012-06-07 21:03:33
Link | Citer | R

None?

I thought the general consensus was that if you're using OA2 you want as little DA as possible because they cancel out on procs?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-07 21:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Pre-NN

NB: WS in AF3+2 body.

Post-NN

Capped (for the most part) Haste with 5 hit. In my humble opinion the top TP sets except in extreme situations for OaT Polearm (unless I've missed something which is very possible).

NB: Excess sTP is done to allow WSing in Phorcys Body.

/sam for both builds obviously. Can do slightly more inefficient things in the second case if 7% Haste Belt used.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-08 09:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Didn't Noodles say that Rancorous Mantle+Nefarious Collar >>>> Rancor Collar+Atheling Mantle?

Also DA isn't bad per se in an OAT set, it's effectiveness is simply watered down by about half. I still put as much DA/TA/QA gear into my jump sets as possible to bump up the chance of landing a multihit jump. So instead of a 45% chance of a 2 hit Spirit Jump, if I put in Sceamol Band/Portus Collar/Brutal Earring/AF3+2 Hands/Atheling Mantle/Windbuffet Belt/Oneiros Ring/Calmanec Trousers/Phorcys Feet

It's like 26% DA or an extra 13ish% chance to DA on a Jump plus some TA/QA added onto the base 45% OAT rate. Definitely helps in the long run for those Sekkanoki>Meditate>Stardiver>Stardiver>Hit>Stardiver>Jump>Stardiver>Jump>Stardiver moments.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-06-08 10:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Rancorous Mantle+Nefarious Collar >>>> Rancor Collar+Atheling Mantle? .

My drg's attack isn't 1/2 of my drks on a good day so I try to fit as much in on drg as possible.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 10:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Aerias said: »
None?

I thought the general consensus was that if you're using OA2 you want as little DA as possible because they cancel out on procs?

This is an erroneous way to look at it.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/39/#1872530
 Bahamut.Mirya
user: Mirya
By Bahamut.Mirya 2012-06-08 12:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Pre-NN

I take it the DA and TA on Calmecac trousers beats out the additional (I know <1%) haste granted by Bestia Breeches augmented with 4% haste. Snap, I really wanted to be spending my gil on Dynamis currency, not gear.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-08 12:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it did when I mathed it out. As you may expect, all of this is thoroughly "mathematicised"! The downside is that the trousers are REALLY UGLY. However, I think we've both spent enough time in FFXI to know that the more mismatched your character is, the better they are.

Quote:
Didn't Noodles say that Rancorous Mantle+Nefarious Collar >>>> Rancor Collar+Atheling Mantle?

For Drakesbane this can certainly be the case. However during TP phase, even with DA devalued, DA still adds WS frequency whereas +critrate doesn't. There isn't much difference between the two builds, except one inventory space and some saved gil, that being said.

EDIT: Should also mention you can use Ghillie Earring +1 or whatever for full offense, I just consider the minor offensive loss (in acc cap) for -2% wyvern PDT worth it since a dead wyvern is no longer contributing to souljump/spiritjump.