Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Atmacites
Atmacites
 Asura.Slugman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2012-05-27 02:21:41
Link | Citer | R

I currently use persistence and coercion, wanted to know if there was a better combo (Still working on 3rd atmacite.)
 Valefor.Madranta
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2012-05-27 06:45:27
Link | Citer | R

I've been wondering about this myself and just took the time to test it out on Kinematic's Spreadsheets. I set it against Pil with Stalwarts, Chaos and Tacticians Roll, haste, all MNK/WAR JAs on and a cheap Mithkabob for food. All atamcites are tested at max upgrade strength. Verethragna is 90.
Monk TP: Monk VS:

Coercion quickly showed to be the best so I used that as the default #1 atmacite and here's the results for 2nd (larger number is better):
(Base Coercion): 272.679
Deluges: 288.355
Tropics: 282.672
Persistence & Depths (sphere DA 2% not counted): 281.041
Forager: 281.831
Latitude: 279.630

I set Deluges as #2 and went on to testing the 3rd:
(Base Coercion + Deluges): 288.355
Forager: 299.017
Tropics: 298.583
Persistence & Depths (sphere DA 2% not counted): 297.393
Latitude: 296.073
Eminence: 295.363
Exhortation: ??? (Sphere regain +2)

Surprisingly the +1 regain on Forager came out on top in the 3rd slot as far as personal DPS goes. All this should be taken with a grain of salt as stats like regain rely on TPing as soon as you hit 100% and so can be hard to judge their DPS. That said with WS procs being needed frequently in VW all that regain and store TP will be doubly useful. Also, I don't think I should have to say this but just in case: This is specific to Verethragna + VS and could work out differently with a different weapon and WS. Last side note, Forager would only need to be taken to level 10 to have the regain on it.

I included Exhortation in the last set because I think the sphere regain +2 is definitely worth looking at. If no on else in your pt has it it will far and away out damage any other choice as a group benefit that slightly weakens yourself.

You should also take into account the secondary effects some of these have. HP+15% on Depths is a very solid boost for Monk in particular. Eminence and Exhortation both have HP+5% and Exhortation also has Skillchain Damage +30%. Persistence has -5% PDT. Deluges has Enmity +15.

Based on all this my picks would be:
#1: Coercion
#2: Deluges or Depths (for the Sphere effect and HP)
#3: Exhortation or Depths
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2012-05-27 19:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Even over discipline?
 Valefor.Madranta
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2012-05-29 02:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Good call. I was undervaluing Save TP on Discipline.

In the #3 slot it comes in as the best personal buff at 302.567 but still falls behind Deluges as 2nd best in the #2 slot at 285.543.

With it's excellent defensive properties and ability to speed up WS procs I'll change my #3 pick to: Exhortation or Discipline
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-29 07:00:06
Link | Citer | R

I have been using Coercion/Discipline/Valiant, and was under the impression that those are the "go-to" set. These end up giving you:

1) HP+10% All attributes +3 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 "Save TP"+20
2) STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+10 "Regain"+3
3) HP+10% All attributes +15 Accuracy+5 Haste+5%

Sure, I can definitely see why +100 TP Bonus would be nice for the 15% crit rate boost on smite, but that comes at the cost of:

Furthermore, on any weapon skills we use a dusty wing for (which is a f@ckton), the TP bonus does nothing for us since we are capped at 300 TP.

I like the regain for when I have to proc club or staff, the 15 accuracy is enough to cap me for prov chambers with sushi (and not having to swap out any traditional TP gear for more acc), and then the +20 STR for the VS mod/fSTR.

The 5% haste from valiant also would allow you to swap out ganesha's mask for thaumas hat, although I am not sure this is the best choice as I have been too lazy to try the switch or plug them into spreadsheets.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 08:42:43
Link | Citer | R

The truth is, after the big bad Save TP nerf, absolutely none of the melee atmacites are all that astounding. Considering that atmacites have high opportunity cost to upgrade, offer minimal bonuses over each other, that Voidwatch is "on its way out" (so to speak), and that individual prowess is easily diluted due to the collective nature of the event ...

Well, most people already had Discipline and Coercion at 15, and you should really have a COR using Miser's to justify Discipline in the first place, so you might as well keep using those two. Past that, upgrade whichever third atmacite makes you feel like more than a single piece of glitter in the cloud released in one of Ke$ha's sneezes, and rest assured in the fact that the ~4million+ gil you just threw away didn't make much of a difference in your performance, but at least you can say you're using three level 15 atmacites.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-29 12:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Hahah, pretty much. :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 16:11:35
Link | Citer | R

All that cruor you spent on atmacites could have been converted to gil and spent on pretty things to optimize for the only event that really matters in FFXI anymore: idling in Port AFK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 16:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Other important activities in FFXI:

-Staring at GP NPC because it requires some base item that hasn't been sold in over 3 years (requires no gear)
-Leeching (requires cute event gear)
-Sitting somewhere with Minjo in your lap (doesn't NECESSARILY require gear)
-Getting Minjo killed because you're too stupid to remove echo drops from mog safe when gearing up your mage after leeching (requires everything but echo drops)
-Decorating your mog house (can wear anything)
-Surprise decoration of other peoples mog houses (shouldn't wear anything)
-Arguing with deadbeat mithra roommate (requires voidwatch gear you can't wear to dress her in)
-Running laps through the auction house area in Port Jeuno (movement speed + gear preferred)
-Making a Mjollnir (requires gil)

I'm pretty sure this list is comprehensive for most people.
Notice that none of this requires the upgrading of atmacite :(
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2012-06-08 12:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
I have been using Coercion/Discipline/Valiant, and was under the impression that those are the "go-to" set. These end up giving you:

1) HP+10% All attributes +3 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 "Save TP"+20

Sure, I can definitely see why +100 TP Bonus would be nice for the 15% crit rate boost on smite, but that comes at the cost of:

Furthermore, on any weapon skills we use a dusty wing for (which is a f@ckton), the TP bonus does nothing for us since we are capped at 300 TP.

I like the regain for when I have to proc club or staff, the 15 accuracy is enough to cap me for prov chambers with sushi (and not having to swap out any traditional TP gear for more acc), and then the +20 STR for the VS mod/fSTR.

The 5% haste from valiant also would allow you to swap out ganesha's mask for thaumas hat, although I am not sure this is the best choice as I have been too lazy to try the switch or plug them into spreadsheets.

I now use this swapping out head and hands on mnk to account for the haste.