Post Server Merge Update

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIVPro.com » News » Post server merge update
Post server merge update
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-04-13 08:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Lady Crim said: »
"Rome wasn't built in one day" and "Patience is a virtue" spring to mind.

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

Slow and steady wins the race?
[+]
By ladycrim 2012-04-13 08:35:37
Link | Citer | R

ZettaiRyouiki said: »
Lady Crim said: »
"Rome wasn't built in one day" and "Patience is a virtue" spring to mind.

Hmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

Slow and steady wins the race?
Definitely!
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2012-04-13 11:07:59
Link | Citer | R

chreescawks said: »
And this is why I've pretty much switched to XIVPads for everything.

I understand the delays, real life should come before updating a gaming website, but these bugs are just getting silly. If XIVPads can get their site updated--not to mention be able to keep characters along with comments and media intact--in just a few short hours after the patch, you'd think that a popular site like this one would be able to update no problem.

This is PRO's job, see all the adds?

Pads has 3 people and the only have made $1127 in the last year and that was spent on a new server.
ffxivpro is real life for the creators.
I just want a reply from them on whats going on and when it might be back.

http://xivpads.com/ doesn't have a forum or item database but has RATING.
http://mozk-tabetai.com/ doesn't have forum or rating.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html doesn't have rating.

http://www.ffxivpro.com/ is the only one with all 3 and I would like to use it for that purpose.
~thank you~
Onion
By Elia 2012-04-13 12:38:46
Link | Citer | R

wow i got all my comments back and SS and everything my new LS's are updated too o.o and my old avatar but its got Durandal this time not kashuan anymore hmmm.
nvm its still buggy cant add SS's and everything is just weird ><.

EDIT: nevermind XD
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-04-13 17:04:45
Link | Citer | R

To give an update on the update, here goes. The crawler that scans for characters started adding bad data and I had to clean it up. I didn't know the lodestone id's were the same even after the merge. The good thing about that it allows me to just change the server/name to match the ID. Bad thing is many users verified against duplicate entries in the database and it had to be repaired.

Most verified characters should be good but it's hard to tell without further testing. There are some bugs that I'm aware of that I will get to. Stuff like lodestone history will take time to resync, I had to wipe 25 million rows of lodestone history data.

All characters are currently being re-scanned to fix server/char names. This process can take a very long time. We have over 500,000 chars in our database. I give priority updating to the verified characters. We also have around 18,000 linkshells that should have been rescanned by now.

TLDR; Character database is under repair. If you have a problem managing your character, feel free to post.
[+]
By duuude 2012-04-13 18:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, but when will there be fewer than a bajillion people with the same 42,500 score?

It seems like anyone who has at least 800 achievements and HAS been updated since your fixes shares this same exact score.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2012-04-13 18:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the update, its great to know the changes weren't random and were from things you guys were doing to get it fixed.

I give priority updating to the verified characters.
so am i stable now at
Overall (Server)
and achievements Showing 1 to 200 of 908 entries
?
thanks again for the reply scragg
By Valkyrie 2012-04-13 18:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks again Scragg for all your hard work!
By KadeDoom 2012-04-13 19:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said: »
To give an update on the update, here goes. The crawler that scans for characters started adding bad data and I had to clean it up. I didn't know the lodestone id's were the same even after the merge. The good thing about that it allows me to just change the server/name to match the ID. Bad thing is many users verified against duplicate entries in the database and it had to be repaired.

Most verified characters should be good but it's hard to tell without further testing. There are some bugs that I'm aware of that I will get to. Stuff like lodestone history will take time to resync, I had to wipe 25 million rows of lodestone history data.

All characters are currently being re-scanned to fix server/char names. This process can take a very long time. We have over 500,000 chars in our database. I give priority updating to the verified characters. We also have around 18,000 linkshells that should have been rescanned by now.

TLDR; Character database is under repair. If you have a problem managing your character, feel free to post.

thanks man for your hard work we appreciate it, im glad my character is back on here, only issue I have is my points are still messed up, but since you said you still gotta rescan stuff, im sure it'll be fixed soon enough. Good luck bro.
By AndiSorell 2012-04-13 20:11:46
Link | Citer | R

this is most pleasing
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-04-14 03:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Give Scragg a bit of a break, he just got a new addition to his family a few months ago. :P
By maleko2 2012-04-14 12:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Hey, congrats =)

I got a 2.5 mo old myself. It definitely takes time away from other things! Thanks for the updates.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By eagleeyes 2012-04-15 00:43:30
Link | Citer | R

everything seems fine, except for my post count has reset back to 0
By KadeDoom 2012-04-15 03:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Eagleeyes Siren said: »
everything seems fine, except for my post count has reset back to 0

lol people without all their jobs @50 are ranked higher then the ones that have em all completed, haha
By maleko2 2012-04-15 09:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Kade Doom said: »
lol people without all their jobs @50 are ranked higher then the ones that have em all completed, haha

Well that can happen anyways if someone without all jobs completed has done a lot of other extra stuff the all-50's haven't done. But yeah, there's some really major discrepancies atm.
By Feifongwong 2012-04-24 04:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Any news on how this is going? My new character on Excalibur is linked to the wrong character. My old character, which is still selected as my default character, no longer exists according to FFXIV database.

I'd like to hear if any progress has been made?
By KadeDoom 2012-04-24 05:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Ya unlink and re-add