Cooking 70-100
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-07 18:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Any advice would be welcome.
I'm looking to finally finish off Cooking. Been synthing Chamomile Tea.
Also looking for advice on any type of useful subcraft, excluding fishing.
Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-05-07 19:11:37
Link | Citer | R

anything usefull except fishing... oh well

try alch thats the only real usefull

for the skillups reciepes, sushi works(squid, sole) well till mid 80s then you can make coeurl subs / Tav salad -> tav tacs

Rice Balls are good for mid 95s... and the last 5 lvls will only hurt ^.~

Greetz ^^
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-05-07 19:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Don't ever skill off sushi, it's a waste of money.

70->72 Pear Au Lait
72->75 Dhalmel Pies; grow you fungus, farm your onions.
75->81 Pamama Au Lait; use advanced support for the first bit of it.
81->86 Marron Glace; they're amazing skills, run to the mire and ask for cheap crystals to help the PTs unload instantly and make your juices.
86-> 91 Persiko Au Lait.
91-> 95 Rice Dumpling
95-> 99 Sweet Rice Cakes; harvest your Mugwort!
99-> 100 Cursed Soup; good luck, Awd Goggie is your friend.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-07 19:26:00
Link | Citer | R

The only key item I have is Patissier /blush
Otherwise Sushi would be awesome
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-05-07 19:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Sushi isn't awesome to skill off of. Sushi seems to always lose wasabi and fish when it breaks, never the rice and oil.

It's a horrid skilling because you tend to break more often when skilling.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-07 19:53:26
Link | Citer | R

I was doing Orange Kuchen for a while too, but that just seemed to be a gil bust.

Thanks for the advice =)
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-05-07 20:16:27
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:
Sushi isn't awesome to skill off of. Sushi seems to always lose wasabi and fish when it breaks, never the rice and oil.

Thats only you, and if you do it right youll break even~
 Valefor.Redenius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-05-07 20:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Cooking mule 100 this is what I did.
*Dhalmel Pies(72-75)
*Shallops Tropicale (75-80)
*Yellow Curry (80-85)
*Rolanberry Pie (85-90)
*Flounder Meuniere (90-93)--> took abit to sell however cooked what I could HQ until all these sold for added gil (these are profit on valefor)
*Sweet Rice Cake (93-99)--> npc npc sucks sucks sucks (stack up on mats now mainly the mugwort. You will need ALOT. Who wants to wait forever to skill up when you can save now and never stop burn through this lol trust me....)
*Red Curry (99-100) --> this one isn't so bad however I bought dragon meat for months before hand until I had about 50 of them. Yes the meat isn't cheap but again I wasn't about to wait days to skill up I burnt through this one as well. In my exp. if you break this synth you will lose the meat just a warning to you. Dont' worry you will make most if not all your gil back, just think of it as storing your gil for awhile til you get there to make the curry.It may take you less then 50 synths to get from 99-100 but not myself >< took all meat and still had to buy one extra meat to get the final .1 >.>
[+]
 Kujata.Kylar
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Kylar 2009-05-08 14:50:12
Link | Citer | R

If you are looking for a subcraft other than Fishing that compliments Cooking, the only one that's helped me so far is 15+ on Woodworking for Rice Dumpling recipe (lvl 95 synth). Other than that not much compliments Cooking, which is one of the benefits of this craft (no need to pause leveling your main craft to work on your subcraft). Just some ideas of things that you could make:

Shallops Tropicale - 80
Pamama Au Lait - 81
Yellow Curry - 85
Maron Glace - 86
Rolanberry Pie - 90
Persikos au Lait - 91
Coeurl Sub - 93
Rice Dumplings - 95
Sweet Rice Cakes - 99
Cursed Soup - 100
Red Curry - 100

These all come out at a profit, with the exception of the Sweet Rice Cakes, and sell fairly quickly on your server, except for the Cursed Soup and Red Curry. The deciding factor for many of these recipes is most likely going to be ingredient supplies. Persikos were hard to come by for me and Rice Dumplings have several ingredients as do others. Just keep at it and congrats on coming so far already!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-08 14:55:47
Link | Citer | R

70-72 Pear Au Lait
72-81 Pamama Au Lait
81-86 Marron Glace
86-90 Rolanberry Pie
90-91 Persiko Au Lait
91-99 Sweet Rice Cake
99-100 Cursed Soup

Always get advanced support if 5 or more levels below cap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 15:31:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd skip the sweet rice cakes and move straight to cursed soup. Fill up inv with Royal Jelly and sit your *** down at the cooking guild to renew the adv support when needed. just my opinion though, ofcourse my cooking is only 92, but from my experience the mugworth is more of a pain to farm than the jelly. And while farming the jelly and waiting on repop you can take a turn down and kill shrooms for truffle.

Maybe its just me that really really hate harvesting, or maybe its just coz jelly drops decent enough with TH4.

Edit: Oh yea, I'm gardening as well so kitrons and persikos is no issue for me
[+]
 Cerberus.Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-08 15:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input ^^
Hopefully I'll have the damn thing at 100 sooner than later
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-05-08 15:47:45
Link | Citer | R

70-72 Pear Au Lait - yawn
72-77 Navarin - Great profit synth not to be overlooked
77-81 Pamama Au Lait - fast seller, cheap to make
81-86 Marron Glace - best profit margin on a skillup you'll ever see
86-88 Coeurl Sautee - Possible alternative (save)
86-90 Rolanberry Pie - sells fast
88-93 Coeurl Sub - Alternative if you're looking for more profit than pies provide
90-95 Rice Dumpling - Best possible food for lowbie melee and hold your stock if people are undercutting.

After this the real grind begins. Sweet Rice Cakes are a huge gil loss if you power through them and a huge timesink if you harvest.

I kind of like Zanno's idea of starting soup early. If nothing else, you will at least be able to profit off the drops from the other local mobs. Awd Goggie is a colossal waste of time, however.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-08 15:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
I'd skip the sweet rice cakes and move straight to cursed soup.

Mogue said:
I kind of like Zanno's idea of starting soup early.

I thought I'd go this route too when I was leveling cooking. You have no idea the frustration you'll have when you craft 10-15 in a row with no skillups at all. Think about how long it takes to farm that many royal jellies and then you want to go 9 full levels of cursed soup.

I even tried again at 97 and said F-this! One full level of cursed soup is more than enough to never want to see a death jacket again =P
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 16:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:

I have to agree with this, not because of the breaks (although it is a pain in the ***) but because the proft margin on the AH tends to be pushed towards being able to HQ it. Of course, actually fishing your fish up may help with that, but I have no patience for that ***...

I stick with vendor gotten ***as much as possible, and so far it's serving me well, although moving certain things (Sandy Tea, Dhalmel Pie, Marron Glace) can be a huge pain in the ***, especially when sitting on a ton after a power crafting session >.<

Hypnotizd said:
70-72 Pear Au Lait
72-81 Pamama Au Lait
81-86 Marron Glace
86-90 Rolanberry Pie
90-91 Persiko Au Lait

This is exactly what I did (am doing), except for I used Dhalmel Pie as a bridge between Pear au Lait and Pamama au Lait.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 16:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Zanno said:
I'd skip the sweet rice cakes and move straight to cursed soup.

Mogue said:
I kind of like Zanno's idea of starting soup early.

I thought I'd go this route too when I was leveling cooking. You have no idea the frustration you'll have when you craft 10-15 in a row with no skillups at all. Think about how long it takes to farm that many royal jellies and then you want to go 9 full levels of cursed soup.

I even tried again at 97 and said F-this! One full level of cursed soup is more than enough to never want to see a death jacket again =P

yea i know. I've done cursed soup from 90-92.something but the thought of buying the mugworth or spend a huge amount of time harvesting them, I figure I might as well farm the jellies and make a side profit of the truffle (or make them in to Hedgehog Pie's). I guess it depends on how much in a hurry you are. I myself am not in a hurry, I have been cooking in periods for 3 years to get to 92 lol. So spending a couple of hrs in CN farming jellies is no big deal to me. I dont blame anyone that are impatient and wanna blow a hole in their pocket buying the mugworth. Although I see the price on them have gone down lately, my last "cooking period" they sold for 50 k stack or something horrible like that
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-08 16:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hypnotizd said:
70-72 Pear Au Lait
72-81 Pamama Au Lait
81-86 Marron Glace
86-90 Rolanberry Pie
90-91 Persiko Au Lait

This is exactly what I did (am doing), except for I used Dhalmel Pie as a bridge between Pear au Lait and Pamama au Lait.

With how cheap and readily available from Pamamas and Defland Pears are I saw no reason to "bridge" the synths. I'm not saying I'm right you're wrong, but power leveling through 10 levels on an extremely cheap synth? Yes, please!
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 16:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hypnotizd said:
70-72 Pear Au Lait
72-81 Pamama Au Lait
81-86 Marron Glace
86-90 Rolanberry Pie
90-91 Persiko Au Lait

With how cheap and readily available from Pamamas and Defland Pears are I saw no reason to "bridge" the synths. I'm not saying I'm right you're wrong, but power leveling through 10 levels on an extremely cheap synth? Yes, please!

Well, I had ***tons of Dhalmel meat from my time exping in biki bay and altepa (I hoard every cooking ingredient that I get, in case I need it down the road), had a RNG that was using them as his "*** around" food, and I tend to have terrible luck when trying to push through a range that large. I was blowing up a fair amount of pamama au laits from 74 when I made the switch, even on full moon watersdays. Relatively cheap losses, but getting 6 au laits for 2 stacks of mats irritated me regardless. Also Elshimo Lowlands was hardly ever owned during that stretch on Fairy...so I had to drag my *** out to Kazham every time >.<

So yeah, to each their own. At least I got rid of the Dhalmel Meat lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [742 days between previous and next post]
By diddsey 2011-05-20 06:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
70-72 Pear Au Lait
72-81 Pamama Au Lait
81-86 Marron Glace
86-90 Rolanberry Pie
90-91 Persiko Au Lait
91-99 Sweet Rice Cake
99-100 Cursed Soup

Always get advanced support if 5 or more levels below cap.

another option for 91>96(?)dawn mulsum
http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dawn_Mulsum .sells well to pet jobs and easy mats
 Cerberus.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-05-20 06:36:00
Link | Citer | R

Bump a 742 day old thread..?
By diddsey 2011-05-20 12:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eliane said:
and your problem is ?????
mulsum wasnt in game 742 days ago lol
tread was relevant to me coz i just starting looking for new synths with the new items added to finish cooking..that is all thank you
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-05-20 12:02:48
Link | Citer | R

diddsey said:
Cerberus.Eliane said:
and your problem is ?????

Is that time of the month.