Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » [PSP] Homebrewing and Popstation
[PSP] Homebrewing and Popstation
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-06 23:42:48
Link | Citer | R

So, I recently stumbled upon a program called Popstation, which allows you to play various PS-One games as long as you have the appropriate .bin/.cue/.iso files, on the PSP. Well I tried downloading the Popstation so I can mess around and well it's just leading me in circles. I was hoping that maybe someone can shed some light, I have any information needed from my PSP. So far here is a list of programs/files I have downloaded as a result of going in circles:

Popstation
Ice Tea (I think it's basically the same thing as Popstation)

I did a little reading up on these and found out you need some other files in your PSP for this program to run on your PSP successfully:

cygwin1.dll
3.03 OE-A
OE-B update

after unziping all the RARs (never thought it would be so tedious) and looking through all the README documents I found I was still missing stuff I didn't understand>< Something called an oeupdatemaker was a big piece, I have tried googling it quite a bit and still came up with nothing. If anyone can please help me with setting this up on my PSP I would greatly appreciate it. Would be awesome to be able to play FFVII/Chrono-Cross/FFIX on the PSP, so I don't have to play them on PC with the impossible controls><

Thanks,
Triet
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-05-06 23:44:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry to say I don't know how to help you. But I do think your hair is cool. That is all.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-07 00:23:27
Link | Citer | R

lol darn and thankies to the hair compliment.^^
What about the 'stache!? I grew it out for the lulz. Anyways :/ No takers on helping with popstation? Hrmm...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-07 00:26:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
What about the 'stache!? I grew it out for the lulz. Anyways :/ No takers on helping with popstation? Hrmm...

sorry sold my psp not too long ago xD would have helped but I need it in my hands and guide you step by step Q.Q
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-07 00:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said:
Triet said:

sorry sold my psp not too long ago xD would have helped but I need it in my hands and guide you step by step Q.Q

Does that mean that you had popstation running on your psp? Or just offering help? :o
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-07 00:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Triet said:
Thunderz said:
Triet said:

Does that mean that you had popstation running on your psp? Or just offering help? :o

Look for a program that makes PS1 iso's into game files with emulation, it exists but the name eludes me at the moment. I used to play Resident Evil 2 and star ocean 2 (before the PSP remake) but FF7 didnt seem to want to work very well... it did just not well....

all i know is that the program takes a PS1 compatible iso... reads it.. verifys it... converts it... then you just drop the game into the 150 game folder on the PSP and go into games then memory card.

I'm sorry i couldnt be more helpful but try searching for PSP mod forums theres a few that helped get me going.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-07 02:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, interesting. So then there is no need for all those lousy .pbp files and .dll and what not then? just put the EBOOT file inside the PSP/GAME150 folder? But, in my folders, on the PSP, I don't have a "GAME150" folder. I submitted a topic on a psp-mod forum, hopefully I can get this figured out. Thank you for your help Clin, and if you remember the program let me know :D
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-07 12:53:38
Link | Citer | R

I run Pops on 5.00 m33-6, I'd recommend updating your firmware. I'm not all that familiar with the OE firmwares so I can't help you much with that.

PSPISO.com is a great site for any of your psp needs and it's free, you need to register with an email addy and verify your account before being able to access certain threads iirc. Most applications/homebrew/plugins include decent readme.txt's to help you install it.

As for ripping your PSone discs it is relatively easy via IceTea. The gui is self explanatory and will compress into an eboot which you can then drop onto your :root/psp/game folder. If you need to find the game id's or game keys a quick google search will do wonders.

Certain games will only work with certain version of pops so it's important to have the most recent pops plugins. This is a compatibility list for your psone eboots;
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

Hope that helps a little bit, I would highly recommend checking out pspiso.com or afterdawn forums or even youtube has loads of tutorials on psp cfw/plugins/homebrew. Good luck^^

edit: I can't remember now if IceTea will rip from your discs or simply convert the disc's image file into an eboot. It's been a while since I ripped any psone discs but if IceTea doesn't do it Alcohol or Nero or Clonecd should do the trick.
 Fairy.Ommadon
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ommadon
By Fairy.Ommadon 2009-05-07 13:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Everything you need to do this can be found here http://www.psp-hacks.com/ have a look round their forum for a tutorial.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-07 14:28:51
Link | Citer | R

All right. Well I put a topic up on the PSP forums; it helped clear up some stuff. Though, I am still puzzles about the MMS(Magic Memory Stick). Does it act like a memory card and store the game as well as any saved data on it? Or is it for the soul purpose of fixing the "bricker" or whatever it was called?

@Jimmyjazz I will definitely check out PSPISO.com will definitely save me ripping time. Also I will refer you that PSX-PSP Compatibility when needed, thank you.^^

@Ommadon, followed the link you posted and it just brought me to another question, which I think is what confused me in the beginning; Does it really matter what version of CFW(Custom Firmware) you use? Because in all the readme documents/guides everyone uses different named ones and some times they are the same type just completely different versions.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-07 17:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Magic Memory Stick>>>http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.php/Magic_memory_stick

Triet said:
Does it really matter what version of CFW(Custom Firmware) you use? Because in all the readme documents/guides everyone uses different named ones and some times they are the same type just completely different versions.

I think the reason why you see different firmwares listed on readme's depends on when the readme was written, older or readme's that are not updated might list OE or lower versions of M33 like 3.71, 3.91, etc.
As far as I know you can play psone eboots on any M33 cfw. Which firmware are you currently running?
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-07 21:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Just upgrade to the latest M33 firmware first. Then worry about popstation, better to do it that way.

Also if you need files, tutorials or have any question, one of the best website out there concerning PSP Scene is QJ.

http://forums.qj.net/sony-psp/
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-05-07 22:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Jimmyjazz said:
Which firmware are you currently running?

Assuming I am checking correctly, My PSP is still not "modded" so it has the original Sony Firmware Version 3.73.

@Antipika. Uggh, another forum to troll through for 3 days to find nothing remotely relative and having to make a new account and topic>< Thanks for the help though; and I mean that in no offense to you, sorry if it came off wrong, I understand you are just trying to help. Unless you know a direct topic that can clear this stupid CFW crap right up.