Good King Moggle Mog XII Defeated In Short Order

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » Good King Moggle Mog XII Defeated in Short Order
Good King Moggle Mog XII Defeated in Short Order
First Page 2 3
By ejiboo 2012-01-24 02:38:54
Link | Citer | R

yay! we finally got the right group of people together and bested Mog in under 10 minutes! biggest challenge i've faced so far playing the game and it was a shitload of fun at the beginning then i was just really pissed off for a long time and then it was *** nuts when we got it!

there are a lot of things that have to go perfect for this to be possible-things like: whm/king not curing other moogles much, brd/king not using maximoogle at the wrong times (like when you get to actually killing the king..... =.=), dodging pom flares, petrifications, etc... there's a lot that needs to go just right or you'll go over even by just a little.

as seen in the video we used GLA CON ARCx6. your arc's have to be top notch no exceptions-i've heard of people squeezing a thm in there and we'd like to try that soon as well! it's great practice as well-we can win no problem with this setup now, just gotta be on our S game for under 10.

Video.

i almost forgot to start recording because we were getting seconds off so many times >.>
[+]
By tachikomas 2012-01-24 08:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Very impressive, good organization with keeping the arc's grouped and away from the king. Allows the single CON to keep up with healing. Helps to have 6 quality arcs they seem to drop like fly's.
By Eliniel 2012-01-24 10:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Nice job! My LS and I are working on this now. So far we've tried 7 ARCs and one Con. Our best time right now is 12 minutes, so we're getting there, lol.
By tachikomas 2012-01-24 12:37:08
Link | Citer | R

how did you deal with the king w/o a tank? Did 1 of the ARC kite it? Did you bother with binding the MRD as well as the GLA or just the GLA?

I could see this working well specially if the ARC's have both bind rotations and SS rotations.

I've done a 12:30 run before with GLA,CON,CON, 5 ARC and a 13min. run with GLA,CON,CON,4ARC,THM.

Debating 6 ARC + tank vs 7 ARC no tank
By Eliniel 2012-01-24 16:19:29
Link | Citer | R

We had our normal tank actually go as ARC, set as many tanking abilities as he could and still tanked as normal. It didn't turn out TOO well, but we could have had it if our King didn't go Pom Flare happy.

(As for our best time being 12, it was with a tank, 1 con, and 6 ARC.)
By ElizaScarlet 2012-01-24 17:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Grats to y'all!
It's major attention + good luck and no lag on the memento moogle from what i've seen.

We had one death and a ptera x 2 on one of our arc and still got it. Greatly timed def downs and coordinated barrage + quick nocks gets the job done.
By Eliniel 2012-01-25 21:59:37
Link | Citer | R

We had:
1 GLA
1 CON
6 ARC~

By Kyri 2012-01-25 23:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Grats lady~
By Eliniel 2012-01-25 23:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Kyri <3
By ahgusta 2012-01-25 23:50:16
Link | Citer | R

wow so totally awesome
 Sylph.Ayria
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rubie
By Sylph.Ayria 2012-01-25 23:54:59
Link | Citer | R

grats! good job you guys~
By XStruckX 2012-01-26 00:42:07
Link | Citer | R

OMG down to the last second Lady, I would have been going apeshit!!!

Big Grats!
By Eliniel 2012-01-26 00:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we were sitting there like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-." We honestly weren't sure we'd get the achievement because we were so close, but we did.

Thanks for watching ^^
 Midgardsormr.Fireheart
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
By Midgardsormr.Fireheart 2012-01-26 01:00:14
Link | Citer | R

What OP says is true... everyone has to be on their game for this achievement... maybe an extra thm would work but even on our best run we had only about 10 seconds remaining on the clock so mp might be an issue, I'm not too sure on this tho.

If it helps the way you can gauge your DD is by DPS on this; You need about 70DPS per archer in the 10min time span with 6 Arcs. There IS some wiggle room in there as you can see we got pom flared and our shiz got messed up lol. Good luck everyone and ty Ejiboo for the vid, helped prep us for our win ^^b
By Scap 2012-01-26 01:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Damn...you guys were lucky he went down so fast after death lol. Some runs we would wait around 10-15 seconds for the gld to drop after we killed him.
By rbloom 2012-01-26 03:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Yea... I'm Raven, the healer from Lady's group. Things really hit the fan towards the end. That one unfortunate petrify he got me with kicked my ***, lol. Glad flies up and scissor kicks me in the back of the head while I'm stoned, then i see king charge pom flare. I won't lie, at that point i thought we lost. But we got up, and thankfully i had enough MP left over to help nuke the glad down in time. I had planned to let ignora (Glad) die at that point lol, didnt wanna waste mp on a heal when that mp could mean one last nuke when we were so close. Too bad he lived....

I gotta admit, I've never found healing to be hard on any game no matter what the fight was... But solo healing a speed run is a bit tricky. You have to kite 1 or 2 mogs the whole time, heal the tank and the DD's and dodge the AOE's all at the same time. Pretty fun!

I think our best time was 9:47. We managed to pull off the <10 minute win several times after that first victory.

Since I've never done this as any other job yet obviously, I guess I'll offer some tips to the other healers out there aspiring to get this achievement. First, you want to be sure you dedicate 90% of your time to nuking in phase 1. With 6 archers shooting, and you nuking, the mogs wont live long enough to do any substantial amount of damage. When the 6th mob pops, rest up your mp to full and make sure you have a full blissful mind charge at the ready. Do all the normal stuff you do to survive memento (sentinel, protect, etc), then go about business as usual. As soon as you fire off your first heal or two, use saint's shroud to lower your hate until the glad gets better control on them. Also use chameleon here if you got it. Focus on keeping the tank healed primarily. Spot heal the arcs whenever you can, and try to use AOE stoneskin on the archers as often as you can, as it'll save you a lot of MP when they get hit by AOE's. Aside from that, sit still as much as you can (wont be much, you'll have to move to heal the kiting tank) but dont forget to use resonance when you have the chance, if the tank is out of range but needs a cura. If you dont move, your mp will start regening again quicker than if you chased him, healed him, then stopped again. Keep a keen eye on the AOE's and be sure to call out when you get petrified. People need to know, so they can kite. Since youre the only healer, they have no incoming heals for that 10 seconds or so. They need to be ready to use second wind, stoneskin, etc on themselves. Thats about all i can think of, but its not really too hard.
By kiraamane 2012-01-26 04:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Beasting it you guys. Nice! Smooth Criminal was a nice little touch as well!
By Katie 2012-01-26 12:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Nice Eji, i didn't even know you guys were working toward this. I'm at a loss of words, i had no idea there was a 'short order' speed run for this. Impressive! You and Bungie should have mentioned it lmao.

EDIT: I think i left my purse in ur car. D:
By rbloom 2012-01-26 17:06:22
Link | Citer | R

We honestly haven't been working towards it very long lol. We tried it once a few days ago with 7 arcs and me healing, but only tried it 2 or 3 times then called it a day. Went back last night for round 2 and it went smoothly. First 2 runs we didnt make the timer, but we got close. Then we nailed it the remaining several tries. It's definitely not an achievement you can just get with a pickup group. You have to be used to playing with the people. Luckily, all of us had run together many times before on mog and other content in the past so we got to avoid that awkward "getting to know each other's playstyle" phase that causes a lot of headaches. I guess that's the best tip you can offer anyone... Try it with people you're used to running with.
By Ignora 2012-01-26 17:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Good King Moggle Mog XIII used Pom Flare.
Good King Moggle Mog XIII just got a T-T-T-Tttriple kill!!
By rbloom 2012-01-27 09:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Good King Moggle Mog calls in a UAV.
By Oran 2012-01-27 11:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Good job ^^ I really thought the short order was killing all moogles before Memento Moogle. :p
By Castielle 2012-01-27 12:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Wow really amazing i think i havent seen anything this cool in the past few days.
By astoy05 2012-01-28 16:08:33
Link | Citer | R

I used to be King of the Moogles, but then I took arrows from 7 Archers to the knees
By Scap 2012-01-28 18:04:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't think anyone has done it with 7 archers yet?
By astoy05 2012-01-28 18:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Takinagi Thegreat said: »

rbloom said: »
We honestly haven't been working towards it very long lol. We tried it once a few days ago with 7 arcs and me healing, but only tried it 2 or 3 times then called it a day. Went back last night for round 2 and it went smoothly. First 2 runs we didnt make the timer, but we got close. Then we nailed it the remaining several tries. It's definitely not an achievement you can just get with a pickup group. You have to be used to playing with the people. Luckily, all of us had run together many times before on mog and other content in the past so we got to avoid that awkward "getting to know each other's playstyle" phase that causes a lot of headaches. I guess that's the best tip you can offer anyone... Try it with people you're used to running with.

I thought that's what rbloom was saying, they did it round 2. I could be reading it wrong though
By Scap 2012-01-28 18:34:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh right I totally missed that lol
By Eliniel 2012-01-28 21:53:15
Link | Citer | R

Baby Jebus said: »
Takinagi Thegreat said: »

rbloom said: »

I thought that's what rbloom was saying, they did it round 2. I could be reading it wrong though

Raven meant that we did TRY it with 7 archers but we didn't win =(

So we went with the strat in the first post made to this thread and we won.
By Scap 2012-01-29 04:38:38
Link | Citer | R

It just seems like 7 archers would be to much work trying to avoid pom flare and mrd aoe
First Page 2 3