Link | Citer | R

lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-25 00:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Learn to play? I can't really say more than that. If you honestly don't believe that BLU is among the better DDs then that only shows your immense level of ignorance and incompetence.
By volkom 2012-01-25 00:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Learn to play? I can't really say more than that. If you honestly don't believe that BLU is among the better DDs then that only shows your immense level of ignorance and incompetence.
but blu's a mage D:
[+]
By Starkzz 2012-01-25 00:47:04
Link | Citer | R

dont ***on BLU guise, Proth is being sadface
By Fupafighters 2012-01-25 00:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Ignoring the obvious troll who probably doesn't even play the game:

THF can't get close to BLU.

Yeah, I'd put BLU over DRG quite handily.

BLM can put out decent enough damage, but it can't get close to any of the DDs that I listed, unless it's not proccing at all.
Idk if you put it way over drg lol. I see +2 drgs with good ws sets spam stardiver for 3k lol... and thats with a 20k polearm. I guess i havent really seen any good blues lol. Ill have to start paying attention to them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-25 00:48:53
Link | Citer | R

My average CDC in Voidwatch is around 2.3~2.8k depending on the NM and how often procs are hit. My DoT is vastly superior to most any 2h DD as well.

On T6s, it's more around 1.3~1.5k depending on procs once again.

Can spike higher in either case obviously, my highs are just over 4k.

Have some parses, though I do dislike using those as conclusive evidence.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 00:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
5.25 fTP, 60% DEX mod, 15% base critrate, plenty of breathing room for triple + double or 2x triple attacks, and superior skillchain properties vs 6.0 fTP, 30% DEX mod, 10% base critrate, 6 hits native (including DW), and having to alternate with an inferior weaponskill in order to maintain aftermath.

Yeah, okay.
I would like to first start by saying... Chant > Evisc by a good amount.

But Skillchain Properties? Really ⌐ ⌐?

Also, Rudra's is nowhere near inferior if its Stacked with SA and TA, its actually better, cause Rudra's Stacked Poos on Chant and doesn't look back. (If the person you're talking too is a DNC, Forgive me - I only consider THF when talking about Dagger potential)

That and Exenterator would be a better comparison outside Abyssea.

5hit(offhand) 1.0fTP ~100% AGI Mod. (Can't Crit)
vs
4hit(offhand) 2.25fTP 60% DEX Mod. (Can Crit)

This isn't even including a Weapon like Mandau, with Mercy Stroke With +40% Damage to a 3.0fTP 60%STR Mod WS, Stacked with SA/TA makes it quite mean... and the 13% CHance of Triple Damage proc doesn't hurt. and the additional 5% Crit rate aftermath is a little nice.

BLU's a great job, But a good THF would have no problem keeping up with a good BLU... If i could copy my THF to the test server, We could spend some time together and I could show you (or you me!) How a good THF / BLU Performs.
[+]
By volkom 2012-01-25 00:51:22
Link | Citer | R

blu's cool; they are really interesting to watch and see them blow up stuff

but imo nothing gives that vibe of a harbinger of death while wielding a giant scythe or swinging a sword thats twice as tall as my mithra
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-25 00:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Fupafighters said: »
Ignoring the obvious troll who probably doesn't even play the game:

THF can't get close to BLU.

Yeah, I'd put BLU over DRG quite handily.

BLM can put out decent enough damage, but it can't get close to any of the DDs that I listed, unless it's not proccing at all.
Idk if you put it way over drg lol. I see +2 drgs with good ws sets spam stardiver for 3k lol... and thats with a 20k polearm. I guess i havent really seen any good blues lol. Ill have to start paying attention to them.

Not surprising, most BLU's are complete ***.
[+]
By Starkzz 2012-01-25 00:51:28
Link | Citer | R

I like exaggerating to make myself look good too
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-25 00:51:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see a Rudra shitting on Chant and not looking back, if you would. Chant du Cygne is the superior weaponskill, and I can use it to its fullest more than once every 60 seconds. In fact, I can use it every 6~10 seconds.

Exentrator isn't even in the same ballpark, so idk why you even bothered to bring it up.

Edit: hey Krizz, can you remove the troll
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-25 00:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Are you saying that blu is a better dd than drg? I just can't see that.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-25 00:54:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
5.25 fTP, 60% DEX mod, 15% base critrate, plenty of breathing room for triple + double or 2x triple attacks, and superior skillchain properties vs 6.0 fTP, 30% DEX mod, 10% base critrate, 6 hits native (including DW), and having to alternate with an inferior weaponskill in order to maintain aftermath.

Yeah, okay.
I would like to first start by saying... Chant > Evisc by a good amount.

But Skillchain Properties? Really ⌐ ⌐?

Also, Rudra's is nowhere near inferior if its Stacked with SA and TA, its actually better, cause Rudra's Stacked Poos on Chant and doesn't look back. (If the person you're talking too is a DNC, Forgive me - I only consider THF when talking about Dagger potential)

That and Exenterator would be a better comparison outside Abyssea.

5hit(offhand) 1.0fTP ~100% AGI Mod. (Can't Crit)
vs
4hit(offhand) 2.25fTP 60% DEX Mod. (Can Crit)

This isn't even including a Weapon like Mandau, with Mercy Stroke With +40% Damage to a 3.0fTP 60%STR Mod WS, Stacked with SA/TA makes it quite mean... and the 13% CHance of Triple Damage proc doesn't hurt. and the additional 5% Crit rate aftermath is a little nice.

BLU's a great job, But a good THF would have no problem keeping up with a good BLU... If i could copy my THF to the test server, We could spend some time together and I could show you (or you me!) How a good THF / BLU Performs.
Your making it sound like blue mage doesnt cast spells or skillchain lol.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 00:55:30
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see a Rudra shitting on Chant and not looking back, if you would. Chant du Cygne is the superior weaponskill, and I can use it to its fullest more than once every 60 seconds. In fact, I can use it every 6~10 seconds.

Once every 30s, 25s if you merit...

5.25 at 300% - DEX60% - 100% Crit

vs

2.25(4-hit when dual wield) at 300% - DEX60% - 40% Crit Rate.

Chant is quite good, Damn good, But a Stacked Rudra's is much better. and Exenterator doesn't fall far behind a good Chant.

Again, If i can get my Player on the Test Server, We can do a few things together! It would be a fun experience.

No one else had brought it up so i hadn't yet >_>? Yah, IDK :X

BTW, Are you guys aware you post entirely too fast? Can't even get my edits in, And thats 90% of my Post.

Initial Babbling > Cleaning > Editing > Finish.
By volkom 2012-01-25 00:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
blu can ws,cast spells and skillchain for tons of dmg

whereas drg can burst out a ton of weaponskills in a short period of time. iono, would depend on the mob you're fighting?
By Fupafighters 2012-01-25 00:59:42
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
blu can ws,cast spells and skillchain for tons of dmg

whereas drg can burst out a ton of weaponskills in a short period of time. iono, would depend on the mob you're fighting?
I just remember watching a relic sam compete with a stardiver drg...the drg was easily keepin up with the 3.5k shohas lol...I just really want to see some actual blues do some dmg instead of being on proc duty.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 01:00:45
Link | Citer | R

I would also like to see some real good BLU's in Action. Its why i like the test server... Wanna see Draylo and Proth in action.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-25 01:02:46
Link | Citer | R

And proth, i thought you would be happy to know they had an 11 fighters roll lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-25 01:03:11
Link | Citer | R

/sigh. You've forced my hand. Multiple Qilins.

One of the many that I have. The Vere MNK didn't have buffs, myself and the WARs had BRD and COR.

Chant du Cygne is 5.25 fTP btw, Karb. You aren't accounting for additional hits.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sumiko
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: sumiko
By Carbuncle.Sumiko 2012-01-25 01:04:38
Link | Citer | R

I agree with DRKs needing at least one AOE buff!

SAM has Shikikoyo. DRGs jumps can effect Enmity. WAR has Warcry and Blood Rage, etc. Heck, Monk even has mantra XD
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 01:05:44
Link | Citer | R

/sigh.

One of the many that I have. The Vere MNK didn't have buffs, myself and the WARs had BRD and COR.

Chant du Cygne is 5.25 fTP btw, Karb. You aren't accounting for additional hits.

I know - 2.25 + 1/1/1

I didn't add them to the above particular post because it was already mentioned 2-3 Times previously and i thought people would fill in the blanks already >_>.

Repeating it felt redundant ;x

Also, I do parse sometimes - This is just two Pils. i died during most of them as well... Pick-Up DD's yay?

Edit: Just the one Pil

Used to have a Bunch of parses usually showing my Mandau THF as the First or Second DD (usually only behind damn good Vereth MNK or Ukon WARs). But i know parses can be a bit skewed... Deaths etc.

For instance, even though i did 25% of the Damage in this Parse, I was dead for the last ~2 minutes of the fight, and Caclax did poorly cause he got dropped early on unluckily because of a Doom situation. He did much better when he actually survived (I think he averaged around 30% of the Damage across 4 fights, Me only about 24%)

Either way, I Deleted quite a few of them :( since I only did them for fun.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-25 01:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sumiko said: »
I agree with DRKs needing at least one AOE buff!

Arcane Circle.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-25 01:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Cleaned my parse.

It's not to be taken as an example of BLU decimating other DDs, as it normally shouldn't, however it is proof that a good BLU is also a top tier DD.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-25 01:42:01
Link | Citer | R

I never thought it was possible to get half the morons on Asura in one alliance.

But there you go. We got someone who full times th gear winning the parse.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 01:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
I never thought it was possible to get half the morons on Asura in one alliance.

Wow, your ignorance hurts my brain. I've never fulltimed TH Gear on anything.

No but seriously, Who are you and why should i know you and why are you so insanely butthurtfully raging over me :)?

Its almost flattering, You know Who i am but i have no idea who you are.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-25 01:51:06
Link | Citer | R

I think anyone on a melee job who is (a.) geared exceptionally well, (b.) highly skilled, and is (c.) at least somewhat OCD about their performance will basically be highly competitive in Voidwatch.

For most jobs, remove any of the restrictions (a.), (b.), (c.) and your chance of performing or parsing competitively drops dramatically.

For MNK and WAR, you can remove 1-1.5 of those restrictions and still pull a decent parse (SAM doesn't get that luxury).
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-25 01:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Wow, your jealous ignorance hurts my brain.

I've never fulltimed TH Gear in my life...
Sooooooo jealous.

Yes you have. It's funny because after reading a wall of text rant on here about full timing th gear from you I went to do something in game and whats this?
Karbuncle full timing th gear. Maybe I should of took some screen shots of the nm being 30% and a thief's knife being swung around.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-25 01:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Nice ninja edit.
[+]
By Starkzz 2012-01-25 01:51:45
Link | Citer | R

think he just jelly his Mandau cant do that
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-25 01:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Wow, your jealous ignorance hurts my brain.

I've never fulltimed TH Gear in my life...
Sooooooo jealous.

Yes you have. It's funny because after reading a wall of text rant on here about full timing th gear from you I went to do something in game and whats this?
Karbuncle full timing th gear. Maybe I should of took some screen shots of the nm being 30% and a thief's knife being swung around.

Lol, Proof please? Oh wait, You won't have any, Cause you're talking out of your A**.

I haven't even equipped a Thief knife since i fought GoafTrap and Goblintrap for a friend, and that was because they asked me too.

And rarely in voidwatch when an Alliance leader asks me too. Gotta do what you gotta do.

That thing bare leaves my Mog sack... But I have a feeling if i argue much longer even more of your lackeys will come ride your posts, regardless of content. Maybe we should wrap this up...?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7