Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-10-12 01:16:12
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-10-12 01:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait! It looks so good. :D
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-10-12 01:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Awesome
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-10-12 01:40:01
Link | Citer | R

No Ed Norton, wtf. And where is the HD trailer???
By trucido 2011-10-12 01:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said: »

I am Jack's overwhelming sense of disappointment.

Quote:
The following month, Marvel Comics said it declined to have Edward Norton reprise his role as Bruce Banner.[54] The next day Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, confirmed the report stating, "We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in The Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."[55] In response Norton's agent Brian Swardstrom called Feige's statement "purposefully misleading" and an "inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light".[56]

Wikipedia
By slipispsycho 2011-10-12 02:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 Newton - Marvel lawsuit. (for Defamation of character or whatever)
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-10-12 02:16:59
Link | Citer | R

This so much. :( That fake Bruce Banner seems so out of place.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-10-12 02:21:55
Link | Citer | R

omg i was talking about this like a couple days with my linkshell
i can't wait for this movie <3
im suprirsed they didn't make a hawkeye movie yet lol
since they have made each avenger movie :)
thor and ironman being my favourite!

ps: the guy who plays loki tom hiddlew/e is creepy as fck.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-10-12 02:25:41
Link | Citer | R

No chance of a Fantastic 4 cameo in the movie I take it :p

Also, I like their choice for Hawkeye. The actor plays to his personality in everything i've seen him in.
By slipispsycho 2011-10-12 03:05:19
Link | Citer | R

No chance of a Fantastic 4 cameo in the movie I take it :p

Also, I like their choice for Hawkeye. The actor plays to his personality in everything i've seen him in.
He's in Thor, I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have his own movie though.. They've been pumping out these comic book movies really hard lately to prepare for The Avengers.. Seems odd they wouldn't have made a movie for him, too..
 Fenrir.Enternius
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-10-12 03:54:48
Link | Citer | R

+1 for Nine Inch Nails in the trailer.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-10-12 04:30:30
Link | Citer | R

What the hell! Edward Norton > Mark Ruffalo... by so much! :/ Either way, the movie should be fantastic. Very excited!
 Leviathan.Bimbam
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2011-10-12 05:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
...Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble...

The following I posted a couple hours before reading the above on faceboom:
Quote:
To be honest, I preferred Eric Bana (not the film, him). I think he did a better job potraying Bruce Banner than Norton, who seemed to be making sure the film was about him more than the Hulk imo.
I imagine the fact he would be a 'sub'-character was why he refused The Avengers. Either that or he demanded too much money (he musta known The Avengers would be the logical sequal).

Edit: Seems I was mostly right /sigh
Still, stoked to see it.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-10-12 06:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Who are they fighting?, just Loki? >_< still haven't seen Captain america , will watch it when it comes out on bluray though.
 Siren.Daddyx
Serveur: Siren
user: Daddyx
By Siren.Daddyx 2011-10-12 06:14:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-10-12 06:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Bimbam said: »
Quote:
...Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble...

The following I posted a couple hours before reading the above on faceboom:
Quote:
To be honest, I preferred Eric Bana (not the film, him). I think he did a better job potraying Bruce Banner than Norton, who seemed to be making sure the film was about him more than the Hulk imo.
I imagine the fact he would be a 'sub'-character was why he refused The Avengers. Either that or he demanded too much money (he musta known The Avengers would be the logical sequal).

Edit: Seems I was mostly right /sigh
Still, stoked to see it.

When I was taking film classes in school, I heard a lot about how Norton can be very hard to work with if he isn't in the lead role. Considering fans want to see the CG version of his character(Hulk) more than him, he probably wasn't thrilled with the idea of not only playing second-fiddle to a CG of himself, but the rest of the Avengers as well.

This movie is Marvel's flagship, and what they've been sinking all their resources into for the past 5 years. They aren't going to risk it bombing over a primadonna actor.
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-10-12 06:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Yay!! It's going to be so awesome!!!!!

Also...YAY CLEVELAND! :D
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2011-10-12 07:18:56
Link | Citer | R

This movie would not have "bombed" because Ed Norton was in it, and that's not why they dumped him for Ruffalo.

When the Norton's Hulk movie was made, he had some control over the product and demanded that more dramatic scenes be added. He didn't want it to just be a non-stop action movie because he thought it would fail if that's all it had to offer. He wanted scenes that show Banner dealing with being the Hulk, that show how much he hated what it was inside of him. They filmed all these scenes, only to cut them all and release the action movie that they wanted to in the first place.

Norton was pissed he was disrespected, and so he refused to do promotional work for the movie. When the movie did badly (by Marvel's standards) they blamed his lack of promotion for it despite most reviewers saying the movie lacked dramatic scenes and was just a dumb action movie.

Norton wanted to do The Avengers movie, and Joss Whedon met with Norton and told the studio he was excited to have Norton in his movie. He said he explained to Norton what he wanted out of him and the movie, and Norton was all-aboard with his ideas. The studio replaced Norton anyways to prove a point that they call the shots.

It was just about their ego, that's all.
[+]
 Odin.Daemun
Serveur: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2011-10-12 07:39:39
Link | Citer | R

For a minute, I thought you had made a thread about me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-10-13 07:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ruklin said: »

Spoilers
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-10-13 07:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Tribalprophet said: »
This movie would not have "bombed" because Ed Norton was in it, and that's not why they dumped him for Ruffalo.

When the Norton's Hulk movie was made, he had some control over the product and demanded that more dramatic scenes be added. He didn't want it to just be a non-stop action movie because he thought it would fail if that's all it had to offer. He wanted scenes that show Banner dealing with being the Hulk, that show how much he hated what it was inside of him. They filmed all these scenes, only to cut them all and release the action movie that they wanted to in the first place.

Norton was pissed he was disrespected, and so he refused to do promotional work for the movie. When the movie did badly (by Marvel's standards) they blamed his lack of promotion for it despite most reviewers saying the movie lacked dramatic scenes and was just a dumb action movie.

Norton wanted to do The Avengers movie, and Joss Whedon met with Norton and told the studio he was excited to have Norton in his movie. He said he explained to Norton what he wanted out of him and the movie, and Norton was all-aboard with his ideas. The studio replaced Norton anyways to prove a point that they call the shots.

It was just about their ego, that's all.

You missed the point. I'm not saying it would have bombed with Norton, I love Ed Norton. I'd have been very happy to see him return as Banner and keep the verisimilitude of the series. And of course Norton wanted to be in this movie, it's going to be HUGE, maybe even Dark Knight huge. A person would be an idiot to purposely not want in on this fat movie cash.

But, he's a liability when he doesn't get what he wants, and Marvel isn't taking that chance. Again, this isn't some "dumb action movie", this is Marvel's flagship movie. Everything they've done up to this point has been to build up this movie. This is supposed to outdo the X-Men movies and cement Marvel Studios as a Hollywood powerhouse, maybe even help them get their estranged properties(X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four) back under Marvel banner, and include them in the Marvel movie-universe. So yeah, Marvel had to lay down the law and show him who's boss. I don't blame them one bit.

One of the main goals of Marvel Studios is to have an on-going movie universe, with characters from other films making appearances on a regular basis, so they make up one large story, rather than several isolated, sporadic ones. Check out the contracts the main actors signed; Chris Evans is signed on as Cap for what, 7 films? Sam Jackson is signed on as Fury for almost as many. These aren't direct sequels, but as appearances in other marvel franchise films.
[+]
By Damiyen 2011-10-13 07:41:50
Link | Citer | R

God I hope this movie is better than Captain America turned out to be, that was a major let down but thank god I saw it for free.