So How Do You Recommend I Skill Up?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » So how do you recommend I skill up?
So how do you recommend I skill up?
 Siren.Foxfire
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 11:24:59
Link | Citer | R

I just came back last week, and subsequently leveled from 75-90 in a day or two.

My question to you guys: What do you recommend to properly skill up as a THF, inside abyssea, that is. Don't tell me fortalices, that's already been covered.
By Helper 2011-07-14 11:27:24
Link | Citer | R

I would suggest starting with this: Elshena & Saltena
[+]
 Siren.Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 11:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Well, obviously. That said, has anyone determined the rate of skill gain with those?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-14 11:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, duhhh, OBVIOUSLY! Jesus get a clue! Now, tell him something he wants to hear! Sure aren't helping very much, considering your name!
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-14 11:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Sorry. :(
Trying to joke around.
 Siren.Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 11:48:52
Link | Citer | R

To your corner!
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-14 11:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Honestly my skills just came from dicking around in aby lol.

is there anything you are trying to level imparticularly?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-14 12:00:17
Link | Citer | R

If you're really low on skill level then skill up on fortalice's in castle zhavl(sp?) (S) while you cook, shower, sleep, etc.

Once you get a decent amount of skill you can equip mounted champion, stronghold, and vissictitude atmas and afk while skilling up on glenn crabs in abyssea-grauberg. (flux 4 then head north)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Arturious
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Arturious 2011-07-14 12:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Lillaly said:
Honestly my skills just came from dicking around in aby lol.

is there anything you are trying to level imparticularly?

Yeah pretty much the same with me. If you don't feel like using up stones you can go to Vunkerl Inlet{S} and skill on Duriumshell crabs.
 Siren.Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2011-07-14 12:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, thanks for the thoughts. I'm hopefully aiming for skilling Dagger, eva and maybe parrying as far as physical skills go, for anything else, I'd have to go NIN.

...And Marksman, if I ever bother getting enough ammo for it...
By volkom 2011-07-14 12:16:37
Link | Citer | R

i skilled up from tanking nms =/
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-14 12:23:01
Link | Citer | R

I want to skill up dagger for my BRD >.>
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-07-14 13:48:58
Link | Citer | R

aggro like 9 mandies from abyssea altep (flux 6) using earth staff with a friend that can phalanx you, rdm or sch. your eva will cap in a few mins, do not pull the mandies just aggro and take them near the flux
By Helper 2011-08-01 23:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
aggro like 9 mandies from abyssea altep (flux 6) using earth staff with a friend that can phalanx you, rdm or sch. your eva will cap in a few mins, do not pull the mandies just aggro and take them near the flux

Thank you for the tip mate - this worked really great. I did it with the mandies in Attowah flux 7 and I went from 354 to 361 in less than 5 mins lol
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-08-02 02:58:43
Link | Citer | R

just go to [a] exp pt.
marksman ship isn't as useful in abyssea unfortunately, got rid of all my /ra gear a while ago ;/
 Carbuncle.Sheetara
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: agroyboy
By Carbuncle.Sheetara 2011-08-02 04:41:56
Link | Citer | R

yea i just tanked lotso of mini nm's before you knew it all skills were capped
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-08-02 04:53:12
Link | Citer | R

If you want to cap a weapon go /10+monk and do mandy. If you can get a whm and or rdm friend (or equivalent) to keep you alive indefinitely (not hard with phalanx and atma) you can cap any weapon relatively quickly. Even as /10 monk the counter you get from it will end up faster than you will hit by any other method agro pulling all the mandy from altep or atto. Make sure they are EM at most to a 90 tho or it wont be worth your time.

If you can survive it and have mnk at 45 you can counterstance and skill amazingly fast. Things to help it along, counterstance or not would be the Gnarled Horn atma and Roaring Laughter Atma. (from Sobek and quests in the range respectively)

The only combination that can out to a monk or a job/monk with counterstance is a warrior/monk doing the same thing adding in retaliation. The amount of skillups can be insane. When skilling h2h on monk I was able to get a lvl in h2h at max in 30 seconds, and minimum of 3 seconds if I recall.

On warrior doing it with just /45 monk and retaliation I can take a weapon from 0 skill-cap in an hr-3 depending on people. This all before skillup food, and some before the "enhanced skillup rate" update. Good luck!

P.S. Chig work well too if you can survive them. Personally I think the funnest is ALL of the chig with ALL of the mandy at the same time. It gets very interesting. (excluding NMs obviously.)