Dragoons In Abyssea

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoons in Abyssea
Dragoons in Abyssea
By Ryufu 2011-05-20 12:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Are there any demands for them? Or do I really have to level another class just to get items for them?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-20 12:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Nope and yep.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-20 12:40:57
Link | Citer | R

You have 3 blue piercing weaknesses, and then generally 2~3 red procs. The demand is not high at all. Especially if you do not possess Drakesbane. Sad but true.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-20 12:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Pritty sure drg can get 5 red, spear sword club, add in ones that you can get with a sub job and your adding 2 or 3? Still not as procable as other jobs but they still do pritty good damgage.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-20 12:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
Pritty sure drg can get 5 red, spear sword club, add in ones that you can get with a sub job and your adding 2 or 3? Still not as procable as other jobs but they still do pritty good damgage.
Well yeah, if they sub Warrior(which you will never be doing really), they get Earth Crusher, Sunburst, Red Lotus, Seraph blade, Seraph Strike, and that's it. It puts them up at 6 reds I guess.
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-05-20 12:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Drg is still one of the top DD's in abyssea. Drg can still tank pretty well also /sam if you have good support. /mnk if you dont. Is it optimal? no, but it work fine.
[+]
 Siren.Skywarp
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-20 12:54:18
Link | Citer | R

just level war and get to proc almost anthing and walk away.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-05-20 21:30:32
Link | Citer | R

I tank everything on DRG in Abyssea.

We aren't very handy for Red, no. We are fairly handy for Blue however, since we are able to use Staff well.

With the right Atma Combination and the right gear, you can be a devastating DD in Abyssea, without a career weapon. With and you're just plain broken.

Most others have to depend on career weapons just to be able to keep hate. Gg
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-20 21:41:54
Link | Citer | R

I would put dragoon next to war in how easy it is to do very large numbers inside of abyssea. They're like a mini-war in terms of red proc's and have a nice niche when it comes to blue.

- Do not do Dragoon if you can't get Drakesbane.
- Find a large linkshell to get you things, if you go with a group of 18 people you might be able to con your way into dragoon. As someone who never does anything with a group as large as six people, I would openly mock you for wanting to come drg.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-05-20 21:54:21
Link | Citer | R

DRG has averaged higher, and Spiked Higher than WAR since Einherjar Level 75.

As for low manning with a DRG involved, if you wanted a heavy hitter who can provide boosts in damage for a considerable amount of time it's the right job.

If you're low manning with someone who is Dboxing a WHM and taking 15 mins to kill anything, then you may want to consider a different party set up, or group of friends.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-20 22:07:14
Link | Citer | R

They are 1/4 chance polearm for blue !!