Brown Belt Or Twilight Belt?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Brown belt or Twilight belt?
Brown belt or Twilight belt?
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-08 13:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Yeah tiger caught me above situational of course for that depending. Tantra is harder to get than thew anyways lol.

Paying 20k on the AH may actually be more difficult than fighting that Giant :P
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-08 13:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Galmaximas said:
the cap is 26% (25.5%)haste with blackbelt being 12% that puts you damn near half way to cap so why not get it?WTF is going on in ffxi is it me or is getting blackbelt a no brainer for a MNK?
Haste doesn't cap at 25.5%

It caps at 25% haste. The reason you need 26% haste in gear is because you're getting less haste than advertised on the gear.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 13:44:46
Link | Citer | R

To expand on what Tiger is saying, there were some tests done a few years back that determined the exact % of haste on equipment. I won't try to find the topic right now (someone could probably provide it if they cared enough to) but that is why people say to get 26%
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Galmaximas
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Galmaximas 2011-05-08 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said:
To expand on what Tiger is saying, there were some tests done a few years back that determined the exact % of haste on equipment. I won't try to find the topic right now (someone could probably provide it if they cared enough to) but that is why people say to get 26%

ok none the less you still aim for 26% reguardless of if the cap is 25% or 25.5% we are all around the same ball park figure of understanding the haste cap this still in no means suggests a MNK should just simply not attempt to get a blackbelt because they can cap haste without it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-08 13:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Because you can't cap haste w/o losing set bonus on af3+2 and gimping the ***out of your kick attacks.

Edit:
You also forget the part where the 2% DA is devalued as fk from not only TA (18% w/ epona's and atma of apoc, and TA has priority over DA, so that's 18% of the time you won't even have an opportunity to DA), but also by your other DA gear.

Eh, I've not heard much about MNKs AF Set bonus (well, aside from "it doesn't proc enough omg!!!"), I assumed it would've been a ~10% activation rate like other AF's I've heard/read about (~1-2% per piece?).

I'll gladly admit that I didn't do all that much research into MNK (a mix between not caring for the job personally and not having it levelled), so I was just going off what I'd heard/read in-game and online.

While the 2% DA is probably more equivalent to 1% DA inside Abyssea, a bonus would've still been a bonus.

Semi-related question: From what I've heard, no single +2 piece "makes or breaks" their jobs set bonuses, is MNK's really that good the foot slot can't be replaced?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-08 13:57:01
Link | Citer | R

No, it's not all that good, but it is icing on the cake. You'd get more than 1% of an increase from the increased dmg on kick attacks alone, however. So even w/o set bonus, the DA still loses.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 14:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Yea, that was the post I was referring to, its somewhere on BG
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 14:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I found the link: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/61643-Fast-Cast-and-other-haste-stuff

Edit: Thats fast cast :X

Shokox's link is Haste.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-08 14:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said:

Here ya go:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/52417-Yey!-Another-Haste-Topic!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 14:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
The thing is, 25% and 26% haste has been tested showing it as a .39% increase in damage; It's not really that serious and is probably due to inconsistent testing, but personally I think 25% is the haste gear cap.
On jobs I don't take that seriously I use 24/25%, on jobs that I do I try to go for the 26%.

I'm not even a MNK (its level 9 LOL) but still
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-08 14:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh, thanks Shokox I posted the wrong link lol, mine was mostly fast cast :x
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-08 14:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Is all good, it was related to the main one if I remember correct. :)