Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » HB Neck Peice
HB Neck Peice
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 12:20:22
Link | Citer | R

My question to everyone in the DRG world is about the infamous Lancer's Torque. I know that it modifies HB by .111 (and helm does .667 - spare me if my numbers are off by a decimal) but what I want to know about is swapping between Chaonix's Gorget (Wyvern: HP+50) and the L.Torque. When exactly does the Wyvern HP+ gear take affect? For example:

I put on all my Wyvern HP+ Gear with AF1 helm @ <50% HP and trigger Healing Breathe. My wyvern warms up Healing Breathe so I switch over to AF2 helm and AF3 neck accessory to get the bonus to breathe abilities. Does the part of the wyvern's HB cure that involves Wyvern HP+ get calculated in as soon as it readies HB or when it goes off?

td;lr - Does Chaonix Gorget actually do anything, anymore?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-22 12:28:57
Link | Citer | R

The HB potency is calculated when the breath fires. Which is why we can even use both AF and Relic helms. But...

There's this really obnoxious delay on wyvern hp gear. It can sometimes take as long a 4 seconds, depending on lag, for the wyvern's stats to change. Which is why you don't always get the increased HB potency.

Currently, Chanoix gorget is better under the effect of deep breathing, but the rest of the time you'll get more potency out of the Lancer torque. And as the wyvern's max hp goes up, Lancer will get more potent. So if you're using any HP+ atmas Lancer kicks ***.

Also, since lancer torque functions like wyrm armet, the bonus from it is instant, and will always proc. It also works on elemental breaths, whereas chanoix won't help for them unless you cure your wyvern before the ele breath goes off.

About the only use for Chanoix atm, would be spirit link, if you believe the stuff about SL potency being affected by wyvern max HP. And I'm not sure I do. For me, not worth the extra -inv. I just stored it.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 12:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said:
The HB potency is calculated when the breath fires. Which is why we can even use both AF and Relic helms. But...

There's this really obnoxious delay on wyvern hp gear. It can sometimes take as long a 4 seconds, depending on lag, for the wyvern's stats to change. Which is why you don't always get the increased HB potency.

Currently, Chanoix gorget is better under the effect of deep breathing, but the rest of the time you'll get more potency out of the Lancer torque. And as the wyvern's max hp goes up, Lancer will get more potent. So if you're using any HP+ atmas Lancer kicks ***.

Also, since lancer torque functions like wyrm armet, the bonus from it is instant, and will always proc. It also works on elemental breaths, whereas chanoix won't help for them unless you cure your wyvern before the ele breath goes off.

About the only use for Chanoix atm, would be spirit link, if you believe the stuff about SL potency being affected by wyvern max HP. and I'm not sure I do. For me, not worth the extra -inv. I just stored it.

So what I'm getting from this is that if there is a Delay on Wyvern HP changing, you could get away with using both. Put on Max Wyvern HP > wait a sec > Trigger HB > Switch Neck/Helm out for modifiers > Server delay will think the Wyvern's HP is still +50 from Chaonix and with L.Torque being instant, it wont have a lag to it. Meaning both can work together by this theory. Either way I think some testing will be done on my part.

I carry my HB gear with me all the time on DRG now that we can HB with a ja, which is awesome.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-22 12:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if you could get that to work. Especially getting it to work reliably. Theoretically, I suppose it could work, but.. I honestly don't know if the delay works both ways. It takes some time to take effect, but does it have the same delay when removing it? Even if it does, could you fool the servers that way? I never looked into it.

But personally, I'd rather not create any extra delay before my HB goes off. Could be lethal. And this method wouldn't allow for the use of HP+ gear in the neck slot(when /mage) for triggering at a higher HP.

Really, even if you can do it, it's just not worth the returns. You may possibly get an extra 50 WHP on HB, which would equate to about 17 more hp I think(assuming normal WHP and no exp bonus), but I don't think that's worth waiting around in the middle of a fight for.
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Serveur: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2011-04-22 13:43:54
Link | Citer | R

I was the one who tested it initially. The more base HP you had, the better the torque came out to be. It was basically dead even at level 80 with chanoix actually pushing ahead during deep breathing, but as levels increased and more HP was acquired, lancer's just began to dominate.
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Serveur: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2011-04-22 13:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and by the way, server ALMOST never lets you get away with both effects. It's not worth even trying, get a +HP neck like ritter gorget and swap and lancer's instead.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-04-22 14:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, right. That was your testing. Good stuff. I guess I'm a bit behind, was still thinking of the torque as the situation was when it came out. With lvl 90, I doubt Chanoix would even be good for deep breathing anymore.

And Bloodbead gorget ftw.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2011-04-28 23:40:54
Link | Citer | R

I've never seen my wyvern not have a non resist breath anyway.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-04 11:14:33
Link | Citer | R

On the topic of Healing Breath sets, any Galka out there pimp out a trigger set? Would love to see the HP you could get in something like this:

Almost 500+ HP
10%+ HP

With refresh gears(and/or ethereal earring) think you could take out pretty much anything that doesn't AoE and kill your wyvern. Maybe even be able to trigger breaths straight from your TP set. (That's of course if the Galka has enough MP to cast a trigger with all this gear..)