How Much Should I Pay For A Black Belt Item?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » How much should I pay for a Black Belt item?
How much should I pay for a Black Belt item?
First Page 2
By Arcari 2011-03-29 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

I'm trying to get my hands on a Black Belt, and currently I'm looking at the "pay people for the items" route. What's a reasonable price to buy them at? I've heard some people still sell the items for upwards of 2 mil, and others say that it's foolish to buy the items for anything above 1 mil. What are your opinions on the price tags?

Thanks in advance for your input.
 Cerberus.Exiled
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Exiled 2011-03-29 13:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Seeing as the demand for black belt has gone up with all the new monks, I think 2 million is a reasonable price.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-29 13:56:27
Link | Citer | R

I'd say two mil an item is too much, unless you can make that kind of money easily.

I mean, the rarity of the items and the amount of monks make the item worth maybe that much but I wouldn't spend a total of 6 mil on a belt, I'd rather try and get them myself.

But it is pretty much the best melee belt in the game so if you go the gil, go for it.
[+]
 Shiva.Mackstrife
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-03-29 14:08:55
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't spend more than 1 mil on any one BB item... That's just my experience though. I was offered one of the items for 2M. I talked him down to 1M. The other 2, I got with my friends or my shell and didn't buy them. Honestly, If you get NQ of behemoth or aspi you could probably solo/duo with the right jobs. (I was doing both duo even @ 75) Granted the Drops from NQ aren't 100%, they still happen. Other times if you get to know the people who (still) camp them and offer to help in exchange for the BB item they may let you have it as some people still have an interest in King abjurations, a D ring from KB or a Ridill from Fafnir.

Edit: The only reason I even bought my Wyrm beard was because it was Day 6 Nid and it was the last item I needed. So of course I just wanted to finish.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-29 14:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Current demand, meaning who is there willing to pay for it is going to have a large effect. Most people, are willing to sell it for really any reasonable price just to sell it if they don't need it themselves but when there are people vying for it, good luck. If I leveled mnk and could not manage to do it on my own, I wouldn't pay over 1 mil for each but I suppose I'm biased cause my mnk is level 10.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 14:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Supply vs Demand. And now since there are alot of mnks that need BB you might have to pay more than you did a few months ago.

I'd be prepared to pay 1~2m per item.
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-29 14:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Well pre abyssea i can say 2 mil was going rate with people bidding up to 5 on 1 particular occasion lol. Now that you have a greatly increased number of mnks around i really don't think this would have changed a whole lot.

Also beware while some ls may let you talk them down in price i have personally seen items hit the ground because buyers wouldn't meet the minimum price.

Good Luck on your belt tho ^^
 Diabolos.Dcon
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2011-03-29 14:50:10
Link | Citer | R

i remember when i was after my black belt items a few year back when those HNMS use to be camped by like 7 LS's. i made a deal with each ls that if i calmed the NM they would give me the item as long as i gave them claim after i got it...... i would go out there on pld/rdm... claim with flash.. then 2hr.... first ones to send me a invite got the claim...id get a ton of /tells from all the other LS's who were pissed but i didnt care i got all 3 of my items and didnt have to pay anyone... took 3 months to get em all though but best of luck to you if you can do this
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-29 14:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Well considering the fact that no one camps kings anymore, good luck finding someone to sell them. People who do offer to buy will go up as much as 10mil for a single item. Best to camp it yourself :< which really sucks. (Usually ends up being 1st window pop and you never make it, or last window pop and 5 other people "magically" come before the last window)
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-29 16:04:15
Link | Citer | R

I think 2 mil per item is fair... you can cruor burn 6 mil pretty quickly.
By Serj 2011-03-29 16:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Beard is usually ~1m, tongue ~1.5-2, egg 3+ (old rates on Bahamut, been hearing roughly the same.)
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-29 16:25:41
Link | Citer | R

As a BB item seller myself, I will tell you it depends on the other offers.The most offering wins and yeah some ppl will go up to 4-5 mil.If you are the only one then 1-2 mil is fine.
[+]
 Unicorn.Vallori
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Vallori11
By Unicorn.Vallori 2011-03-29 16:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Here's a thought.. why not do KS99 with all those KSs Im sure you have. I personally just need egg, and am looking into doing KS99 aspid Im fairly sure with 4 blm and a SC we can manage something with good results. Why pay anything if youve got 4-5 friends willing to help you.
By Serj 2011-03-29 16:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Vallori said:
Here's a thought.. why not do KS99 with all those KSs Im sure you have. I personally just need egg, and am looking into doing KS99 aspid Im fairly sure with 4 blm and a SC we can manage something with good results. Why pay anything if youve got 4-5 friends willing to help you.

I've had friends go 1/5-10+ on the egg from ks99. Unless you have ~1k ks. I personally only have around 70, lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 16:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ser doesn't have a BB he wouldn't know!
Lol'd

Serj's never even tried for a BB tho..
By Serj 2011-03-29 16:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lol'd

Serj's never even tried for a BB tho..

I've killed Aspid twice . . . Once for Cevi, though. My egg was stolen the second time ~_~ Totally killed my ambition for a belt...
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 16:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Serj said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lol'd Serj's never even tried for a BB tho..
I've killed Aspid twice . . . Once for Cevi, though. My egg was stolen the second time ~_~ Totally killed my ambition for a belt...
I know..and feel bad (but forgot that it was stolen..)

..and now I feel like a douche
By Serj 2011-03-29 16:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Serj said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lol'd Serj's never even tried for a BB tho..
I know..and feel bad (but forgot that it was stolen..)

..and now I feel like a douche

You totally just made me /rage. >=P
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-29 16:49:01
Link | Citer | R

To bad turlte BCNM is stupid, I'd offer to help on blm or rdm if you can ever find ppl to do bcnm with.

You still playing..i never see you on.
By Serj 2011-03-29 16:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Haven't been on Ken in a month, due to moving and now Shaj quit. Going to reactivate Serj soon, though.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-29 16:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Tronsy, do you know if people on Lakshmi still camp BB ***? I personally have been out there since Delirium quit camping, but a buddy of mine was wanting a belt. I was going to help him unless there are still shells actively camping.
 Lakshmi.Gorobei
user: Gorobei
By Lakshmi.Gorobei 2011-03-30 18:51:17
Link | Citer | R

HNA (if its still around) used to camp kings all the time. Went thru them to get my BB.
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-30 19:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm i think Misfits is still doing it and w/e stelvia turned into is at kings sometimes. best bet is probably talkin to Konvict if you wanna buy from a shell on lakshmi.
 Carbuncle.Krionin
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2011-03-30 20:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Carby right after I got my belt has been at least fafhogg was monopolized by a group of JP bots, when they get beard they shout for selling 2 mil no less even if only one person in there wanting it has a seacom saying only have 1.1 mil for it.

I do see it fair for 2 mil on at least beard, 1 mil for egg and tongue cause nq behe and adamantoise are both too weak.

Edit: I got lucky with killing hq with my group so I never had to pay.
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2011-04-04 11:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Arcari said:
Hello,

I'm trying to get my hands on a Black Belt, and currently I'm looking at the "pay people for the items" route. What's a reasonable price to buy them at? I've heard some people still sell the items for upwards of 2 mil, and others say that it's foolish to buy the items for anything above 1 mil. What are your opinions on the price tags?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I tried this route before. In the end I only paid for one, the tongue for about 2mil(all items I got from KSNM99's). tbh the BC fights are really easy to low man now. I just watched for shouts and joined in(Had some great help from friends too). Burned all my kindred seals but well worth it. If the people you go with are smart, then I can't say any of the KSNM99's are hard. Can pretty much BLM burn all of it to a point. GL~
 Odin.Venomous
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 11:18:52
Link | Citer | R

100 million dollars..
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-04 12:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sandolphon said:
I'd say two mil an item is too much, unless you can make that kind of money easily.

how much gil you happen to be able to make personally really doesn't have much effect on overall market value :/
By lilagon 2011-04-11 15:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said:
I think 2 mil per item is fair... you can cruor burn 6 mil pretty quickly.
elaborate. please.
First Page 2