Vitory Smite

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » vitory smite
vitory smite
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-03-21 17:36:22
Link | Citer | R

wanted this for my pup, can someone tell me which is the most difficult to obtain? the regenat fist one or the other one which i cant spell?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-21 17:38:32
Link | Citer | R

They're both easy.

Rev are more luck based. If you can get a group w/ no other advancement coin lotters (and this includes people who just jump in your run as well), you could prolly do rev faster, if not Vereth will be faster.

Either way, Vereth are a lot better and are not hard overall, so there's no reason to do Rev
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-03-21 17:39:38
Link | Citer | R

can the vereth be done solo or i need folks?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-21 17:40:18
Link | Citer | R

daddyrabbit4444 said:
can the vereth be done solo or i need folks?
A WHM at the very least.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-21 17:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Can duo it, solo may be possible(not on pup, would need a job like nin/dnc) but would be extremely long and tedious.

After chloris, you need to do Ulhuadshi, which can be duo'd, but there's no reason to. It drops af3+2, can fill a party w/ a single shout for people who want that. Just do the key items on your own.

Same kinda applies for WoE. Cna solo but w/o clearing, getting sacks and chests, it's pretty much not even worth it. I wouldn't even consider WoE as an option going in solo.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-03-21 17:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Verethragna = lots of KI farming to pop higher Tier NM's in abyssea zones (minus the current final NM needed for lvl 90 trial), so for more efficient pop'n drop's = a decent amount of people to help hold pop sets, not necessary though.

Rev. Fists ~(+1 and +2): Very solo-able with minimal effort, groups to spam WoE VC of your choice helps, but solo farming is manageable (have Rev. Fists +2 for both my MNK and PUP). Current post-WoE trials are jokes and an excuse to justify a the addition of the newer seals outside from lvl cap quests...

While I love V.Smite, numbers are almost as consistent on PUP as my Stringing Pummels inside and outside abyssea. IMO, MNK stands to gain from this ws a lot more than pup, but the weapon is still very nice due to it's base dmg (granted current r/ex weapons are comparable to the WoE weapons...)
 Asura.Eldevine
Serveur: Asura
user: Eldevine
By Asura.Eldevine 2011-03-21 17:52:26
Link | Citer | R

daddyrabbit4444 said:
regenat fist one or the other one which i cant spell?

You failed pretty hard on that spelling too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-22 00:38:25
Link | Citer | R

I would vote Verethragna, for the same reasons already detailed in the thread.

Asura.Eldevine said:
daddyrabbit4444 said:
regenat fist one or the other one which i cant spell?

You failed pretty hard on that spelling too.

I loled hard at this. The thread title was butchered also haha.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-22 10:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cruxus said:
While I love V.Smite, numbers are almost as consistent on PUP as my Stringing Pummels inside and outside abyssea.
Now it's true I didn't have many chances to play PUP lately, and that my gear on PUP is kinda bad now that Usukane ain't hot anymore, but despite all of these silly premises, I have to say I had the same impressions as you.
With Smite giving some occasional higher spikes, but the eyeballed average seemed pretty close to that of Pummel.

Wonder why tbh, shouldn't Smite be much much better than Pummel? How would Smite perform on a Monk? Maybe it's because of PUP's lack of equipment options?

Edit:
Actually in Kine's spreadsheet it comes out as Pummel doing more damage than Vsmite, which... seems a bit strange D: