MNK Gear Help
First Page 2
 Asura.Raignes
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2011-03-07 21:39:25
Link | Citer | R

K, so, fairly new to MNK, recently got it to 90 and have been working on getting some better gear for it, as I wanna be able to do ***without bugging my LS for help so often, and I'm working on my TP and WS sets for it. Any suggestions would be great, so long as they're not stupid expensive, and yes, I'm working on Black Belt and Ascetic's Fury atm.

TP:

WS (Backhand Blow):

Atmas I use inside Abyssea are RR/GH/AoA, don't use MNK outside of Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Kenobi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kenobi
By Cerberus.Kenobi 2011-03-07 21:52:57
Link | Citer | R

your tp gear looks ok. just keep working on the af3. also you can pick up an acc ring thats better than that for cheap or use adlers from marvin in la theine or eponas if you want to brew rani. Also I'd use the tantra tathlum fulltime. You can also get the agasaya's collar from t2 vnm in aby attohwa, pretty easy nm to kill but usually a lot of competition. also should work on loki's. best thing about abyssea is you can get most of the best gear for free.
 Asura.Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2011-03-08 00:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I was pretty much told flat-out that Adler Ring is trash and such. I don't have a problem with accuracy in TP, it's more my WS gear that I'm looking for potential upgrades for - especially once I get Ascetic's Fury. I will try to get an Agasaya's, but a Loki's is prolly not gonna happen, Turul can go suck a *** with how much he's camped and how he never seems to put out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kenobi
user: Kenobi
By Cerberus.Kenobi 2011-03-08 09:52:21
Link | Citer | R

You mnk/nin + a whm/blm (to stun thunder spells) can duo turul np and if you claim between 22:00 and 7:00 as mnk and whm you have all ws to get blue and get drop.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Helixx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Helixx
By Lakshmi.Helixx 2011-03-08 10:09:22
Link | Citer | R

get MNK af3+1 head as soon as possible. also the mantle from altepa cerberus should be easy, 100% drop, can easily brew that nm.
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-03-08 10:10:54
Link | Citer | R

As mentioned this is what you should consider working towards (and all +1 > +2) none of it is especially had to get, especially if you just brew your own Rani (I did it on monk while getting blue)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-08 10:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kenobi said:
your tp gear looks ok. just keep working on the af3. also you can pick up an acc ring thats better than that for cheap or use adlers from marvin in la theine or eponas if you want to brew rani. Also I'd use the tantra tathlum fulltime. You can also get the agasaya's collar from t2 vnm in aby attohwa, pretty easy nm to kill but usually a lot of competition. also should work on loki's. best thing about abyssea is you can get most of the best gear for free.

do _NEVER EVER_ use adler ring, unless you want to keep something alive longer, like skilling up >_>
 Asura.Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2011-03-08 14:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, thanks for the tips so far - knew Black Belt with full EAF+2 would be best for TP, working on getting an Atheling (Have Orthrus pop, and enough for a brew to just go rape him) and Epona's is a goal for later since I'm currently in line in my LS for it.

Any tips/hints/advice for my WS gear, either current or for Ascetic's when I get it? Also, I've noticed that with my setup atm, my Asuran Fists are outdoing even a high-end Backhand when it crits - Is this pretty normal for inside Abyssea, since Asuran is 8 hits? I get BHB's of 1-1.3k on average, highs can spike up to 3k (Prolly TAing that) and as low as 500 when I don't crit, whereas Asuran throws out 1.6-1.8k on a regular basis.

Mind you, this is all eyeballed, I don't use a parser, but I do keep track of the averages myself - I want to be a good MNK and not one of the bandwagoners that just throw on full pink with Afflictors and think they can do ***with it. e_e
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
Serveur: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-03-09 19:48:57
Link | Citer | R

If you have the AF+1 or 2 feet I think Dragon kick does better dmg wise then Asuran Fists, if only marginally. You can gear for the stat mods better and it is less dependent on luck (I believe Asuran only has like a 66% chance, or something along those lines, of landing everyone one of the hits with capped acc) Also, this gives you the option to macro in foot work every 5 minutes for a significantly stronger WS (take that for what you will) and finally eliminates the chance of accidentally making your weapon skill useless if it happens to be the blue weakness of the mob you are fighting.

As for the note with Epona's ring: Just chill around her pop area and "salvage" a Rani. You'd be surprised as to how many people wipe to her still and can't brew her properly. Wait for the person to wipe after a failed attempt, watch Rani go apeshit for a few minutes killing the whole party, get hate after you confirmed they aren't going to succeed (unless you don't care about being a *** and just steel it when it goes yellow right off the bat.) From what I understand, as long as the mob does not go passive (ie is still raping the party) the weaknesses triggered before that still apply. Most parties take the time to proc blue before trying to brew, so you should be set there. Pop your brew and kill her like a pro, get the ring and don't waste time farming a pop set or getting a party together :D
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-09 19:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you have the AF+1 or 2 feet I think Dragon kick does better dmg wise then Asuran Fists, if only marginally.

Kick shoes only matter if footwork is up.

If you're meleeing normally, the kick dmg+ does nothing.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Rhavin
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: lselvio
By Gilgamesh.Rhavin 2011-03-20 20:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Instead of starting a new threat, thought I would post here.

Since returning, I have gone back and forth between whm, nin, and mnk. I have finally decided that mnk is going to be my main job, with nin on the back burner.

Wondering if you guys can look at my gear and tell me some good places, I know which gear is expected, but with there being so much having a hard time focusing on a good place to start as far as which is going to give me the most improvements. Kind of like front loading my efforts.

TP:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/205119

WS:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/205121
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 20:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Finish CoP. It's easy. Get Rajas/brutal.

Get fuma shoes, get an attack back (preferably Atheling when you can, easy NM and 100% drop)

Work on af3+1(2) hands. Actually, work towards upgrading all your af3.

Agasaya's neck or faith torque

For WS, I can't give any advice until I know what WS you are using.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-20 21:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Best MNK WS outside abyssea is = ???

And is Verethranga VS still best WS outside to?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 21:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Victory smite inside and outside of abyssea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hyar
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-03-20 21:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Tiger I would just like to say that your avatar is...well i'm not sure whether I wanna flip ***on it or applaud you for having it <_<
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 21:07:59
Link | Citer | R

lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Hyar
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-03-20 21:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Hyar said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Tiger I would just like to say that your avatar is...well i'm not sure whether I wanna flip ***on it or applaud you for having it <_<
GTFO ; ;!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 21:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Nope, not a single time.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-20 21:15:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't have Vere yet which is why i asked. Ascetics inside and outside?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-20 21:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Asuran outside still if no victory smite
 Gilgamesh.Rhavin
By Gilgamesh.Rhavin 2011-03-21 13:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Tiger, thanks for the response.

I dont have ascetics yet, that is on the top of my list of things-to-do.

Been using asuran inside abyssea but im finding the numbers to be lack luster, actually read that BHB or HF are the way to go until ascetics, so I'm planning on playing around with that until I can get ascetics.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-03-21 13:13:46
Link | Citer | R

This is a first I read that BHB was used.
[+]
By Gezira 2011-03-21 13:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
This is a first I read that BHB was used.

I hear of people using it in conjunction with the savate fists from Dominion ops w/ +BHB DMG, guess it goes up to +35% or so, but thats it. Don't think its optimal by any means though.
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-03-21 13:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Back hand blow will consistantly do 1500-2000 if you have a good str build for it and rr/gh/apoc atmas. will randomly get 500-1ks from no crits but will constantly make AF/HF look stupid.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-21 13:28:19
Link | Citer | R

It's not, but it will beat Asuran at least, Ascetic's being the better choice obviously
 Gilgamesh.Rhavin
By Gilgamesh.Rhavin 2011-03-21 16:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, as you can see, most of my WS gear is str/acc. Now the dom op savate fists that I use dont have bhb dmg, they have just base dmg increase. I use RR/GH when im just DD'ing, but alot of what I do is as mnk/dnc with my duo partner thf/nin (he ends up tanking mostly) so i typically will use MC/RR.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Slugg
Serveur: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-05-04 22:35:36
Link | Citer | R

hey guys, may i get some monk gear help? here is my all my gear
 Fenrir.Dascorp
user: dascorp