Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Kick attacks cap
Kick attacks cap
 Alexander.Tedril
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-22 10:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Does anybody know if there is a cap on kick attacks and if it can be reached?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-22 10:14:19
Link | Citer | R

No currently known cap that I've heard about.

That being said, the majority of kick attacks gear is not worth wearing. (tantra neck may be viable later, but w/ capped h2h merits torque wins now. Tantra earring would only win if your attack were absolutely capped and got nothing from attack earring, afflictors *** suck, etc.)
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-22 10:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I gotchu... Upside to kick attacks gear from my point of view is TP as well as damage. I do alot of mnk/dnc stuff right now, until i get nin leveled.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-22 10:20:13
Link | Citer | R

I'd sooner use an evasion torque and an ethereal (or novia) earring over kick attacks gear in those respective slots as well.

The extra evades are going to serve you better than the tp gained from the extra kicks, provided you're soloing (and if you're not, why are you on /dnc?, lol)

Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-02-22 11:55:53
Link | Citer | R

I seem to remember you saying you favor at least the Tantra Earring during Focus and/or Impetus up, Tiger. Do you still feel this way at least?
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2011-02-22 12:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Ok Tiger, you're teaching is wise! lol, and yes it is for soloing. Thanks for the input!
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-02-22 13:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
I seem to remember you saying you favor at least the Tantra Earring during Focus and/or Impetus up

Tantra earring won't be favored with focus up.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Tantra earring would only win if your attack were absolutely capped and got nothing from attack earring

This. Referring to Shok's question, tantra earring CAN be favored with impetus up, but as stated your attack would have to be capped. The times that I have capped attack on MNK I had impetus active, as well as other attack buffs (stalwart, food, berserk, ect). Thus, it's possible for tantra earring to be favored during impetus, just not probable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-02-22 13:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Ahh cool, thanks for that. One less inventory slot to fill with something situational.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-22 13:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
I seem to remember you saying you favor at least the Tantra Earring during Focus and/or Impetus up, Tiger. Do you still feel this way at least?
I don't ever remember saying that. I think you're quoting someone else. I initially hated the thing when it first came out, and after some reevaluation, I came to the conclusion that it's worth it in attack capped situations.

Edit: Double checked, def never said that. I'd never associate focus w/ kicking, two totally different things.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-02-22 20:30:12
Link | Citer | R

It was attack (Impetus) then, I got that confused with another comment you said before about Focus gear.