users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » i dont get it :|
i dont get it :|
First Page 2
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 15:58:27
Link | Citer | R

inb4getdrakesbanenoob

yeah yeah, another thread, but i just dont understand. this is my WS set:

i have capped accuracy, and 340 pole skill right now; but i never seen to break higher than 1.2-1.3k with penta WITH VV and RR. hell most of the time it doesnt even break 1k and hits more in the 6-700s zone. i have 80+167 str and 86+146 dex... and this dude with out full DD atmas did 2x as much with his... avging 1.4-2400. what am i doing wrong here? why do i feel so gimp, and why is my penta so damn weak?

it hits 3-400 on mobs outside starter cities on drg, the numbers above in abys, but 1-1.4k on sam when skilling up..?

why is my drg so stupid?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 16:02:06
Link | Citer | R

drakesbane

cap pole skill mebe?
yes and food?
 Bismarck.Daffel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: daffel
By Bismarck.Daffel 2010-12-27 16:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Penta Thrust has a high dependance on att also, what was your att at the time? I try to build STR/DEX and ATT/ACC but my SAM polearm set is still pretty gimpy too. Also what food you eating?
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 16:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Daffel said:
Penta Thrust has a high dependance on att also, what was your att at the time? I try to build STR/DEX and ATT/ACC but my SAM polearm set is still pretty gimpy too. Also what food you eating?
if i remember right, about 56x something around that. im also using marinara pizza.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 16:06:16
Link | Citer | R

are you capping acc with pizza?
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 16:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
are you capping acc with pizza?
i have 95% hit without pizza, pizza is just more for the attack/elasticity.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-27 16:11:28
Link | Citer | R

Penta Thrust: Delivers a five-hit attack. Accuracy varies with TP.

Drakesbane: Delivers a fourfold attack. Chance of critical hit varies with TP. Ryunohige: Aftermath effect varies with TP.

solution: get drakesbane

and, multi-hit weapon skills only land their strikes as long as the target can live through them; the rabbits in ronfaure (as well as anything else in that zone basically) will only be able to live through (and die on) the first of any multi-hit weapon skill, which then the other hits won't even be included in the damage (nor tp return)

each additional hit in a multi-hit weapon skill that lands will grant you 1% tp return per by default, so to prove to you that it's right when i say that, take that weapon skill set of yours, go out and poke a rabbit with any sub you'd like

with /sam, you're going to get 15(.2)% return every single time as long as you don't miss the first hit, which otherwise if that occurs, you'll get 1%; without /sam, your return will be 13(.3)%, but alas, that's only driving the point even further there

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 16:12:54
Link | Citer | R

getting drakesbane is a pretty good idea.
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 16:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Penta Thrust: Delivers a five-hit attack. Accuracy varies with TP. Drakesbane: Delivers a fourfold attack. Chance of critical hit varies with TP. Ryunohige: Aftermath effect varies with TP. solution: get drakesbane and, multi-hit weapon skills only land their strikes as long as the target can live through them; the rabbits in ronfaure (as well as anything else in that zone basically) will only be able to live through (and die on) the first of any multi-hit weapon skill, which then the other hits won't even be included in the damage (nor tp return) each additional hit in a multi-hit weapon skill that lands will grant you 1% tp return per by default, so to prove to you that it's right when i say that, take that weapon skill set of yours, go out and poke a rabbit with any sub you'd like with /sam, you're going to get 15(.2)% return every single time as long as you don't miss the first hit, which otherwise if that occurs, you'll get 1%; without /sam, your return will be 13(.3)%, but alas, that's only driving the point even further there
alright that makes me feel less stupid;whats my problem with abyss then? those mobs have plenty of hp lol.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-27 16:15:39
Link | Citer | R

you should have more than 560 attack
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-27 16:17:03
Link | Citer | R

razed ruins enhances critical hits and makes them god-like

weapon skills cannot critical in ffxi unless their modifier states it (blade jin, raging rush, ukko's fury, drakesbane, evisceration, etc), or if it's stacked with mighty strikes, or, stacked with sneak attack (but even then as /thf, only the first hit is granted the ability to critical)

penta thrust is not a critical hit weapon skill

it's as simple as that, really
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-12-27 16:18:45
Link | Citer | R

The only thing i can think of is maybe you're using penta at a time where the mob only has 6-700 hp??? It wont overkill so its not unheard of to hit even lower in a situation like that. Perhaps it's an acc issue, though i doubt it w/ RR atma... The best advice you will get is to put all this effort into unlocking (guess what) a WS that can crit and has the easy str mod ^^ If your hardcore penta4lyfe then i guess id just be prepared for disapointment, as a SAM can hit it harder most likely now due to overwhelm
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-27 16:19:03
Link | Citer | R

I've recently wondered how skewer does with RR/VV, it's a 3 hit crit ws, i know it won't beat drakes but could be a worthy substitute until you get drakes?

Anyone tested/can test it?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-27 16:20:38
Link | Citer | R

probably beats penta thrust until drakesbane, yes, though still doesn't quite compare to what you should be using obviously
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2010-12-27 16:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Andylynn said:
inb4getdrakesbanenoob

yeah yeah, another thread, but i just dont understand. this is my WS set:
I'd suggest getting forager's for the back piece, and a use brutal instead of minuet earring.

Quote:
it hits 3-400 on mobs outside starter cities on drg, the numbers above in abys, but 1-1.4k on sam when skilling up..?
The reason it hits so low on starter mobs is because the first hit kills them, leaving the last 4 with nothing to hit since the mob is already dead.

Edit: and yeah get a Rajas
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-27 16:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:
and a use brutal instead of minuet earring.

no rajas ring = no sea access = no brutal earring access

:(
[+]
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 16:24:43
Link | Citer | R

razed ruins enhances critical hits and makes them god-like weapon skills cannot critical in ffxi unless their modifier states it (blade jin, raging rush, ukko's fury, drakesbane, evisceration, etc), or if it's stacked with mighty strikes, or, stacked with sneak attack (but even then as /thf, only the first hit is granted the ability to critical) penta thrust is not a critical hit weapon skill it's as simple as that, really
im aware, but it does have a dex mod, hence the RR.

Quote:
The only thing i can think of is maybe you're using penta at a time where the mob only has 6-700 hp??? It wont overkill so its not unheard of to hit even lower in a situation like that. Perhaps it's an acc issue, though i doubt it w/ RR atma... The best advice you will get is to put all this effort into unlocking (guess what) a WS that can crit and has the easy str mod ^^ If your hardcore penta4lyfe then i guess id just be prepared for disapointment, as a SAM can hit it harder most likely now due to overwhelm
not so much a penta4life kinda dude, just nyzul parties feel impossible to find! i can go hours without getting a single bite! that might explain the lower end hits though, doesnt explain the low top end though.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-27 16:25:18
Link | Citer | R

skewer will probably crush penta, hell vorpal thrust might even beat penta with rr/vv/apoc
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 16:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:
and a use brutal instead of minuet earring.

no rajas ring = no sea access = no brutal earring access

:(
low man fun? :D

Andylynn said:
razed ruins enhances critical hits and makes them god-like weapon skills cannot critical in ffxi unless their modifier states it (blade jin, raging rush, ukko's fury, drakesbane, evisceration, etc), or if it's stacked with mighty strikes, or, stacked with sneak attack (but even then as /thf, only the first hit is granted the ability to critical) penta thrust is not a critical hit weapon skill it's as simple as that, really
im aware, but it does have a dex mod, hence the RR.

Quote:
not so much a penta4life kinda dude, just nyzul parties feel impossible to find! i can go hours without getting a single bite! that might explain the lower end hits though, doesnt explain the low top end though.
organize one with some friends?
if no friends....get friends?
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-27 16:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 16:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

pretty much lol.
i still need to do nyzul as well and i'd help if OP was on Ramuh :p
but meh.
there's lots of shinies to get so it's not hard to get distracted :P
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-27 16:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Skewer can do pretty well with RR. I've popped good numbers with it just trying to proc a Blue !! this was on an various Abyssea NMs of course.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2010-12-27 16:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like someone needs to get working on CoP as well then if no Brutal/Rajas. Can pretty much solo just about all of it,if not duo/trio any of the harder fights.

Nyzul is the same way. It's an easy trio, so I'd certainly hope you can get 2 ls members to help (or that also need to climb) and make it to the top without issues pretty quickly.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 18:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Tbh though, I still wish SE would of put the ws belts in sea, would of been so much nicer imo from the same quest too, but new drops for the synthesis materials; that would maybe help increase sea traffic I suppose.

Also AF1/2 +2 from limbus and dynamis!

Also Salvage +2!

Also Einherass should get 5 new drops for a set too I suppose.

Also, don't forget the bicycle kick ws for MNK cuz I want flying power with the multi-hit h2h type ftw!1
did not know this was a SE suggestion thread :P

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 18:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
did not know this was a SE suggestion thread :P
My posts are always random, no exceptions lol.
exceptions number 1^
By Andylynn 2010-12-27 18:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I've recently wondered how skewer does with RR/VV, it's a 3 hit crit ws, i know it won't beat drakes but could be a worthy substitute until you get drakes? Anyone tested/can test it?
i just went out and did it, and did a 2.6k skewer lol. i guess i can *** penta, skewer til db lol.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2