Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Empyreal Armor set bonus
Empyreal Armor set bonus
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:06:35
Link | Citer | R

As usual I guess I'm late to the discussion, but anybody knows exactely what this does?
Someone on alla reported "makes 2 kicks round possible", which has been reported on BG as well, but I don't really understand what that means.

Doesn't make sense if that happens during footwork, altough it could make sense outside of footwork.
In such a situation normally Kick attack is something that has a certain % to proc ONCE per attack round. Maybe the set bonus makes it possible for it to proc up to TWICE per attack round?

I didn't have many chance to try my set bonus since when I got it (haven't played much since then, and hardly have been on MNK when I did) but I never noticed two kicks in one round while TPing normally, and no difference during footwork either.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:15:54
Link | Citer | R

I only had one +2 yesterday. I have 3+2 now (9/9 on body+2 for fourth but 1/10 on +1 body). I'm pretty sure it's confirmed up to 2 kicks in one round, but I'll let you know for myself when I see it proc.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-27 01:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Did you manage to get a chance to try it out, Tiger?
I'm gonna have a good 3h+ session on my MNK tonight, will check if I notice anything.

If what I read is true, I'm expecting 2 kicks in the same attack round (with footwork down).
Altough if that's true I wonder how does the game engine handle the proc rate. Maybe independently for both kicks? Or, more likely, the second has an "X%" chance to proc only in those instances where your normal kickattack procced.
X depends on the amount of Empyreal armor you have equipped. Could be 5% for each piece after the first, for a total of 20%, were you 5/5 on Empyreal.

Does it sound anything likely this way?
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-27 01:39:07
Link | Citer | R

anyone knows the max procrate for kick attacks? merits with +5% rate comes to mind. that would mean we almost kick as much as punching. would be cool, but still it needs tesing.

would be nice to hear your results Sechs
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 01:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Finished 5/5 +2(lol last week only had 1 +2) this morning. Will *** with it when I get the chance.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-27 02:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Wow grats Tiger! I feel so unaccomplished compared to guys like you lol
Will be waiting for some testing now ;)
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-27 02:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
Wow grats Tiger! I feel so unaccomplished compared to guys like you lol
Will be waiting for some testing now ;)

In all fairness, you're on Asura Sechs. The odds are already stacked against you when it comes to getting things done =p
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-27 02:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Ahaahah :p
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-28 07:31:08
Link | Citer | R

So, did you manage to test it Tiger?
Yesterday I had a 3+ hrs session on mnk.
Tbh I had people in the room, had to take breaks to get my dinner ready and dishwashing, several phonecalls... etc etc
All of this to say my attention was very very low (lower than usual, someone might say xD), was hardly paying attention to the chatlog, and didn't really pay that much of attention to the screen as well.
Also I was moving a lot (and we all know how kick animation gets visualized as punch animation during a strafe/side movement)

Given these premises, I didn't see not even one double kick happen on the same round.
I had people in my LS claim it's because I only have 2x AF3+2, which sounded pretty new to me. I always thought the Empyreal Armor bonus activated from 2 pieces onwards, and didn't need 3 pieces at all.
So yeah, in the end those 3 hours of testing have proved to be kinda unreliable because of what I said above, but as far as I can tell, not a single double kick procced.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-28 20:46:31
Link | Citer | R

haven't rly been paying much attention to it but def saw 2 kicks tonight at least once
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-29 03:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Judging from an Alla post I just read, it's like I hypothized a while ago.

The set bonus effect can proc only after a kick attack. So the higher your kick rate, the higher the chances the set bonus will kick in.
The total proc rate was pretty low even with 5/5, so it's understandable that I didn't notice anything with just 2/5.

What can I say? I'm a bit disappointed, compared to other set bonuses, but then agan can I complain? As small as this bonus may be, it's just icing on the cake of an awsome set.
And it's still better than some others (/comfort Samurais)

Ok, guess it's settled. Too bad for the low proc rate :( Altough it has to be said that whereas Kick attacks with full usu weren't all that good, with Tantra Gaiters +2 they're kinda hot.
 Valefor.Synched
Serveur: Valefor
user: jedijoel
By Valefor.Synched 2010-12-29 06:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Can honestly say that although the rate may be really low, I had a couple of 2 kick attack rounds while camping NMs for ToM.

I only have 2/5 though, so I can't really say much.

That being said, seeing your toon double attack on fists then attack twice on feet is really cool.