Enfeebles Wearing Off Plugin For Windower?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Enfeebles wearing off plugin for windower?
Enfeebles wearing off plugin for windower?
 Asura.Patriclis
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-15 03:25:50
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin for the windower or approved 3rd pt program that monitors your chat log and shows what enfeebles are on the mob and when they wear off. I think it'd be beneficial to have when im soloing on NIN and im watching 100 things at once.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-15 12:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Bamp?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 12:41:38
Link | Citer | R

There are no approved 3rd party programs. I don't think I know of a Windower plugin that does this. Just turn on chat log filters, or change the text color for effects wearing off to something bright.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-15 13:04:08
Link | Citer | R

chatmon can do this
have mine set for when slow/para/bio/dia etc wear off and i miss it in the log
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-15 14:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
chatmon can do this
have mine set for when slow/para/bio/dia etc wear off and i miss it in the log
This is what I do but as a rdm... it's quite annoying. I'd much rather have a yarnball-like interface and as debuffs where it says the mob name(and maybe ID so you can figure out which one it is) as well as the current duration of how long the debuff has been off.

If I were to make one, I would have settings for how long to keep each debuff in the log, max number of debuffs so your screen doesn't explode and a method to make exceptions even on a per mob basis.

If only I could program for ***...
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-15 14:38:05
Link | Citer | R

See im learning programming but atm i only know some C# haven't been learning C++ also i dont know that much but the logic would be simple. It would just read each line in the chatlog and check it to see if it's an enfeeble. if it is then it shows like "Hojo: Ni ON" once it sees that it wears it says "Hojo: Ni Off" etc

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2010-12-15 14:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Is there any info out on how to make windower plugins? If so, I'll go to town on this after finals.
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 14:40:15
Link | Citer | R

I would like a text box based function for this aside from having a monotone robot scream in my ear when debuffs wear every time. Also in the unfortunate case that multiple ones wear off simultaneously it could cause it to freak out or not speak at all.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-15 14:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
I would like a text box based function for this aside from having a monotone robot scream in my ear when debuffs wear every time. Also in the unfortunate case that multiple ones wear off simultaneously it could cause it to freak out or not speak at all.

While I don't like it, it beats nothing at all and having people say "hey this thing is hitting fast, are you sure slow and elegy are still up?"

A plus is that you can use whatever sounds you want. As an example when silence wears off I had planned to(but haven't gotten it edited yet) to use a voice bit from achmed the dead terrorist. Specifically when he shouts "silence!" Since I dual box(generally rdm + brd), I rarely see debuffs wear off because I'm constantly flipping back and forth and it gives me a huge headache to play one char on each of my screens.

If anyone knows enough to do this or any other method a reality, I'm willing to do whatever I can to help.
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 14:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Now that I think about it, a combination of text box and chatmon filters would be ideal since I dual box and the chat log that keeps track of worn debuffs is only on the character that had casted it.
So when I'm focusing on the screen of my DD, many things tend to slip by unnoticed on my mage character's screen.

Unless I totally messed up my chat filters somehow and it's supposed to let everyone know when debuffs wore off the mob.
 Cerberus.Delsus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-12-15 14:57:02
Link | Citer | R

It shouldnt be that hard to write, its just a chatlog parser then when a buff or debuff is on it says on screen, when it wears it says.

The main problem would be making the text easy to see without filling the screen.
By Artemicion 2010-12-15 14:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Delsus said:

The main problem would be making the text easy to see without filling the screen.

Aye, you'd have to make filters very strict in order to catch it, and unfortunately FFXI doesn't have a "worn off" specific filter for colorization. Also I have that Pebbles POL/FFXI dat analyzer that can change NPC names and edit chat filters to the color of your choosing, however, I have yet to make the color filter thing work.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-12-15 15:11:05
Link | Citer | R

You guys know if you are using window you can easily monitor Bio through either scripts macros or using spellcast same goes for sleep, and poison
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-15 15:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
You guys know if you are using window you can easily monitor Bio through either scripts macros or using spellcast same goes for sleep, and poison

I have sleep timers and a timer for bio but I don't need timers for every debuff I cast spamming my screen but the most important aspect is resists.

Sure bio III won't ever resist sans something like magic shield but sleeps and poison do. I don't want to know when it 'might' wear off. I want to know when it does. I want to know when a mob uses a cure spell and removes it's debuff or a tp ability.

Also, have you ever tried to cast a spell with a timer on it and it didn't go off? IE interupted or didn't have the mp or silenced or otherwise? You have that happen a couple times and you will have 15 instances of timers in your chatlog. This is the reason why I want something like yarnball, something intuitive and built for actual use.

Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-16 05:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Got my chatmon setup to tell me when enfeebles wear thanks for input guys.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3501 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dothraki
By Asura.Dothraki 2020-07-17 14:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Looking to setup Chatmon to alert me when enfeebles wear also, if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-17 15:09:58
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what that is, but the debuffed addon will simply remove things from the list when it sees them wear in chatlog
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-17 17:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
the debuffed addon will simply remove things from the list when it sees them wear in chatlog

I beg to differ. The timer will stop ticking, but the name of the debuff will still be there. Also if something dies and then respawns with the same hex ID, it will pop saying the debuff names again. That addon could be a lot better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xathe
user: aukmoo
By Asura.Xathe 2020-07-18 17:10:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
That addon could be a lot better.

Seeing as it's due to packet limitations, no it couldn't. You don't receive packets for statuses wearing off that other players applied. It was always intended to be most useful in soloing/multibox situations. Doesn't work well in laggy content where you have loads of dropped packets either, i.e. Dyna-D.

There is code to wipe debuffs on mobs that die, could be due to not receiving those packets or it's missing certain action messages.

Timers are difficult as there isn't any indication of partial resists in the packets. Didn't seem useful dedicating too much time implementing gear checks when they'd still potentially be inaccurate. That's why they're toggleable.