users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Trying to work out a new Asuran Fists Set
Trying to work out a new Asuran Fists Set
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Skeero 2010-12-28 12:01:58
Link | Citer | R

If your mind is set on AF for some reason, if you dont have access to a anwid salade, could use a hachimaki. Preferably the h2h one from glavoid, but any of them would be ok. 12acc and some conserve tp.

Rest of your gear looks fine. Should really try backhand blow with full str build if you have razed ruin. sometimes you will hit lows of like 500, but should average 1k-2k with spikes of 2.5-3k
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-28 12:06:54
Link | Citer | R

i need to unlock Asuran for blue procs :(
but even my lol ascetic fury can do decent dmg in abyssea (1.5k-4k)
lol because im just using what i found stashed away in places for my most recent 90

tank with SS/RR/GH

spiral ring never pops an AH,
feet im just waiting on tantra+1 to be done,
in process of making fire+2 h2h (rank1 bonanza plz so i can grab h2h)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-03-05 09:30:43
Link | Citer | R

OK, here's my question:
I've seen several times in the thread "there is no inside Abyssea for Asuran Fists." I'm a new MNK, just got the WS... why is there no Asuran Fists in Abyssea (I have no relic, no mythic, no mythic WS, no emphyrean)
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 09:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
I have no relic, no mythic, no mythic WS, no emphyrean

Well if you have nothing but that then I guess your point is valid. It's like asking "Why is Combo WS bad? It's all I got"

That doesn't mean you're doing it right.

As for why Asuran Fists isn't so great inside Abyssea, the reason is pretty simple. Either you gain access to a Crit hit WS or you won't be able to fully exploit Atma of the Razed Ruins.

Asuran Fists has really low WS mods and the TP mod enhances the Accuracy, not the chance to Crit.

Edit: If you can, get the WoE H2H to access Victory Smite. If you can, get the Nyzul H2H for Ascetic's Fury. I think even Tornado Kick beats Asuran fists, but that at least is a free WS you get at 300 H2H Skill.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-05 09:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Get nyzul ws then.

There's "no asuran fists" for the same reason there's no combo by the time you get Raging Fists. It becomes a shitty ws in comparison to what else you have available to you.

Without at least Ascetic's Fury, you're not even going to be on competing level with other monks. You'll be quite a bit behind in terms of damage/performance.

With pups having access to stringing pummel, I doubt you'd even stand up to one of them with only Asuran at your disposal.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-05 09:52:20
Link | Citer | R

***, beaten. Used the same damn example, too :(. Well, I had a good run. Had to happen to me some time, since I do it so many times to others :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 09:56:56
Link | Citer | R

XD
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2011-03-05 10:24:11
Link | Citer | R

ill remove ur mermen earring for burtal earring of course and if u dont have nothing better than fuma for asura, use marine boots M, btw i dont know if the same stats in hume boots are for elvan boots, i know, this is 1 old thread, it doesnt matter if ur inside or outside abyssea, remove ur merman for 1 brutal, end of story.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-05 10:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Your native language is not English, is it?

You told him to take merman's off (which he's not using to begin with) and use Brutal on an 8-hit ws that can't double attack
[+]
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2011-03-05 10:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Sorry about my english, and yes in fact is not my native language, back to the point, he post the first comment with his slots, and i see very clear that is a merman`s earring, why will you use that earring?
second you afirma that asura cant double, is that right, or you all the time experiece the same dmg on mobs?

thank you, and im sorry if i sound rude.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-05 10:39:20
Link | Citer | R

8 hits is the cap to one attack round.

Get a kraken club and offhand a joyuse.

Between the two, you will never swing more than 8 times in one attack round.

The same way, Asuran cannot exceed 8 attacks. You will never double, triple, or quad attack on that WS. Using any DA gear is the same as wearing nothing in that slot.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 10:39:23
Link | Citer | R

You can hit 8 times per attack/ws round at most.
It's a cap.
That's why Asuran builds are usually all about Atk/Acc to make sure all hits land and each hit does the most dmg (since WS mods are only 10%)
By Serj 2011-03-05 10:42:35
Link | Citer | R

You two are silly.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
Serveur: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-03-05 10:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
You can hit 8 times per attack/ws round at most.
It's a cap.
That's why Asuran builds are usually all about Atk/Acc to make sure all hits land and each hit does the most dmg (since WS mods are only 10%)

In addition to this, WS accuracy outside of a gorget is pretty rare for monk as well. Making Asuran fists pretty random at times. (esp. on things that matter.)
[+]