Strats On Chloris And Glavoid

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Strats on Chloris and Glavoid
Strats on Chloris and Glavoid
By phawk23 2010-10-06 16:03:22
Link | Citer | R

If anyone has any strats on these NMs it would be a big help.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 16:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 16:16:15
Link | Citer | R

phawk23 said:

It just makes me lol when people can find this site but find it impossible to look up the NM info on Zam wiki or bg.....
[+]
By phawk23 2010-10-06 16:18:27
Link | Citer | R

I tried looking it up on BG but couldnt find it can I have the site for Zam whatever..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 16:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Anbu said:
phawk23 said:

It just makes me lol when people can find this site but find it impossible to look up the NM info on Zam wiki or bg.....
^
phawk23 said:
I tried looking it up on BG but couldnt find it can I have the site for Zam whatever..

Allakahzam
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-06 16:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Chloris: Holy waters for everyone, but especially tank(s), when it uses Fatal Scream, everyone with the spell cursna needs to bomb the Tank(s) as soon as possible.

Ranged Damage should used against Chloris, and if you can find a suitable spot, use the Terrain to block the Fatal Scream ability from hitting more than necessary. Nothing else in the fight is really atypical of basic "Kill it, and don't die" strategy.

Glavoid: Like a super version of Lambtom Worm, if you and the people have experience with Lambton Worm, It'll make the fight much easier. Absorbs certain damage types at certain times. Absorbs Physical when readying TP abilities, and absorbs magical when casting spells.

It's only real dangerous ability is Disgorge. Can do upwards of 3,000 damage, but is easily avoided by tanking the Glavoid on it's ***. It will occasionally reset itself face-to-face with the tank, but it's just a matter of running behind it again to avoid Disgorge. Make sure it is NEVER pointed at anyone. Disgorge damage can be cut by multiple targets absorbing the ability, much like 1,000 needles or Discoid, but unless it's at least 5 people getting hit, or you have all the Merit Abyssites, it'll still one-shot the majority of people hit with it.

That's about all I can think of that isn't typical of any other fight.
[+]
By phawk23 2010-10-06 16:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Ty Zicdeh lol....Alla was useless and so is Anbu could have just not posted anything
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-06 16:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Disgorge i've found is more ~2,500 Damage split between targets =.=a

So as long as 2 people are in range with Cruor buffs it won't kill anyone, unless 1 of them is a Taru SMN.

Either way, Glaviod is *** HUGE, and he does turn to you when he uses a TP move... This is from personal tanking experience.

Either way, He absorbs Physical Damage when using a TP move and for about ~3-5 Seconds after, and Absorbs Magical Damage when Casting a Spell.

He casts Teir IV(?) Stone spells and Teir V Stone Spells, as well as Quake/Quake II. He also casts Slowga on a seperate time from his Nukes. (I.E: Can cast Slowga then immediately follow with a Tier IV/Tier V etc)

At a certain % (forgot which) he uses Blood Weapon, Gains a potent stoneskin/Rampart effect during this time (Based on how much HP has been restored due to fk ups since his last Blood Weapon).

Glavoid is the hardest "mission boss" of them all, but hes not too difficult if you keep your heads about you.

Just make sure you have people who Pay attention so you don't recover his HP, and its a cake fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-06 16:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Phawk, did you honestly research before asking? but if you looked up Chloris, you'd find about his moves, which one being doom, No offense to Zicdeh, sorta common sense in what he said, and found on allakhazam. It aoe erases tp, 100 fists, aoe doom, And graviga.
100 fists resets hate.

All from allakhazam,

/shrug keep rating me down I guess.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-06 17:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Phawk, did you honestly research before asking? but if you looked up Chloris, you'd find about his moves, which one being doom, No offense to Zicdeh, sorta common sense in what he said, and found on allakhazam. It aoe erases tp, 100 fists, aoe doom, And graviga.
100 fists resets hate.

All from allakhazam,

/shrug keep rating me down I guess.

A moves list is not the same as a strategy. One can theorize possible ways to deal with certain abilities, but there is no substitute for experience.

A good example is Glavoid's Disgorge ability. It's possible to simply avoid it by position alone, which is extremely helpful if you are lowmanning things.

Another good example is Eccentric Eve, by the wiki description, it sounds like a murdering menace of malcontent might, but the wiki 'strats' fail to mention that both Extremely bad Breath and Tainting breath have absurdly long charge times, allowing for embarrassingly large windows to stun.
[+]
By phawk23 2010-10-06 17:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Zicdeh and karbuncle you guys have been a great help ty for the strat info.... :D
By Demios420 2010-10-06 18:10:47
Link | Citer | R

Wonder what the minimum for these fights would be. 2 tanks, a few healers that can get rid of doom. Seems like damage from afar and less feeding TP on mobs to minimize their Abilities would make sense, Sam dd's meditating and /ra from afar running in to TP when possible, make skillchain's to maximize magic damage on them, obviously being on you're toes to not heal it during TP/Casting times for glavoid at least. And tank from behind always? pretty straight forward i'm thinking.