NM - Turul
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-22 18:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

Has anyone defeated Turul after triggering the !! successfully from ffxiah? I was under the impression using elemental weaponskills (list below) would trigger it but am not sure this has been confirmed. Has anyone here received the Atma of the Stormbird?

Appreciate all the info I can get, would love to help put together an ally to on my server to get people the Atma of the Stormbird.

(possible triggers?)
Aeolian Edge
Blade: Ei
Blade: Yu
Cyclone
Gust Slash
Herculean Slash
Infernal Scythe
Raiden Thrust
Leaden Salute
Primal Rend
Raiden Thrust
Red Lotus Blade
Sanguine Blade
Shockwave
Tachi: Jinpu
Tachi: Koki
Trueflight
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 10:26:10
Link | Citer | R

bump?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-24 10:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Yes elemental WSs trigger it. It's the same for all NMs. I have the atma, and all I can say is good luck.

Try to have your melee use their WSs when it's not casting or using a TP move for best results. But he's casting or using TP moves most of the time, so good luck.

I believe ours was triggered by one of the ninja WSs, but of course its completely random.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 11:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Thank you I really appreciate it, not much info online.

I heard the fewer melee the better would you concur? I also assume you had full ally with 18 right?
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-09-24 12:06:20
Link | Citer | R

As far as triggering the red !! I'm too lazy to look up/type the exact list but it's 12 weapon skills.

None of which are relic/mythic or the new 290/300 ones.

I'd also assume the newests WSs won't trigger it either.

A war with all weapons skilled and a nin with Gk skill can cover all 12, good luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-24 12:07:17
Link | Citer | R

We had just enough melee to cover all of the elemental WSs. The basic tank party, and the rest were rangers and/or summoners. Yes, I'd put as few melee on it as possible. The -gas hurt quite a bit.

The only person we had on it full time was the aegis paladin. I think we did it with about 14-15.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-24 12:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Yes, the higher tiered ele WSs don't work. (ie. sanguine and aeolian)

You also need to make sure you cover staff skills as they can trigger it. You're also missing burning blade and seraph blade from your list. In fact your list isn't complete at all.

I used Seraph and triggered the !! on the Orobon NM in the new zone, so you can't count any of the lower tier ele WSs out.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 12:39:52
Link | Citer | R

got that list from wiki >< very plausible that it's not complete thats why I asked ^^

well anyways thank you very much for the insight and advice guys, many people I've spoken with about putting together a group was scared with having so little information readily available. This helps a ton.

Side question: Did you guys get the Atma from the Tonberries? Azure Abyssite of Celerity? We are putting together a group to do that this weekend hopefully but again there is not a ton of information.

I have had friends who have tried to get the key item but has not been successful. I'm thinking the same theory for triggers !! applies to these with elemental weapon skills can you confirm?

Lastly, can you confirm if the Azure Abyssite of Celerity is one of the key items that is only granted to the puller or if it goes to all members in a party?
 Leviathan.Anbu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-24 12:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lastly, can you confirm if the Azure Abyssite of Celerity is one of the key items that is only granted to the puller or if it goes to all members in a party?

Yes it goes to the puller your better duoing these and take turns pulling. Farming this abyssite in large numbers is a pain in the ***
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-24 13:02:20
Link | Citer | R

It goes to the puller. There is no !! to activate, just random luck. If you plan to do it for a lot of people, you better make sure you are getting TEs.

Some people it might take 10-15 minutes, and others it might end up taking an hour or more. Just depends on luck.

As I've said before, the !! from NMs works the same across the board. There is a pool of all ele WSs, and it's one of those at random. So you just have to make sure you have the spectrum covered.
[+]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-09-24 13:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Yes it goes to the puller your better duoing these and take turns pulling. Farming this abyssite in large numbers is a pain in the ***
First Week they came out I join an XP party on these guys. I think about 6 people in the alliance got the Abyssite. We didn't hit any triggers really. Some people got it 1/1 and some went like 1/40. Kind of a pain cause they were pretty evasive and did the Everyone's grudge which gets to some pretty high numbers when you have been there a while. Oh also don't forget Throat Stab. Thinking back i think a SMall part is better. Duo is great since i help a friend of mine get his and that went alot faster.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-24 13:13:02
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the info guys, wiki is not up to date with the information it should have by now for Abyssea
 Caitsith.Deiopea
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Magnius
By Caitsith.Deiopea 2010-09-24 13:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
It goes to the puller. There is no !! to activate, just random luck. If you plan to do it for a lot of people, you better make sure you are getting TEs.

Some people it might take 10-15 minutes, and others it might end up taking an hour or more. Just depends on luck.

Yeah, LS was trying to get this atma for other members who missed it. We tried everything we could to trigger the !! for 30mins, but never happened. We had other events planned so we just tele'd out. Tried again the next day, killed it, but didn't get atma.