Earliest Gaming Memory...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Earliest gaming memory...
Earliest gaming memory...
First Page 2
 Asura.Yotevol
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-28 16:08:58
Link | Citer | R

This is a post for those dedicated gamers and when they got started.

Personally, my earliest gaming memory was along the lines of the Apple IIe and Motezuma's Revenge. However, what got me into gaming was when I remember being 13 years old(1980's) and visiting my cousin. He had one of the early distributions of Nintendo and Super Mario Brothers. He really impressed me by showing me all of the "glitches", like "fiery-little-mario", "infinate lives", the "warp tubes" and the "negative world".

Shortly thereafter, my parents bought me a Nintendo for Christmas and I picked up 2 games: Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. That's when I got into gaming.

~Yotevol
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-28 16:19:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

My first game?
Sonic for Sega Genesis. That was when it was just casual play.
Then my dad got Halo many years later...
Used to be terrified of the game, then one day I played...
Been a junkie ever since. And still a mad Sonic fan. :3
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 16:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Beating all of my family's Pacman High Score, 1995 (Age 6)

Pacman ftw!
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-28 16:22:07
Link | Citer | R

I hAd a commodre 65 and remember playing pitfall...
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Serveur: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-28 16:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Megaman for nintendo, Bubbleman level. =)
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-28 16:31:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Gameboy, Tetris. Followed by Legend of Zelda, and Sonic for Sega.
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2009-01-28 16:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Who dares wins on the amstrad and turtles on nes lol
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-01-28 16:46:24
Link | Citer | R

used to play old atarii, commadore 64, and NES....there was a game, i think it was either Dragon Warrior, it may have been FF, but almost positive it was dragon warrior, Used to have my dad read me the text boxes, he got tired of doing it and said "If you wanna beat the game, u hafta learn to read" so... gaming is now the cause of my addiction to books and of course. gaming. i was 3 at the time.
 Hades.Jayson
Serveur: Hades
user: Jayson
By Hades.Jayson 2009-01-28 16:57:43
Link | Citer | R

NES Gyromite and of course Oregon Trail for the Apple IIe.
 Kujata.Maidak
Serveur: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-28 16:59:25
Link | Citer | R

i would have to say mine is playing double dragon, battle toads, and super mario with my cousin sadly i've been itching to rock out the battle toads again but ever nintendo i get my hands on is to dusty and wont work
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-28 17:05:52
Link | Citer | R

As for my earliest gaming memory, it would have to be Smurfs: Escape from Gargamel's Castle and Zaxon, both on the Colecovision. I was rocking Smurfs when I was like 3 lol...

My most cherished early gaming memory would have to be beating the original Super Mario Brothers on the NES...I'd finally gotten all the way to level 8 one morning, and my mom was screaming at me to get dressed already so we could go over my grandmother's house, so I paused it and left it on all freaking day. Came home 12 hours laterm unpaused, and finally beat it. Those Hammer Brothers on level 8 were hard man! ^^

Maidak said:
i would have to say mine is playing double dragon, battle toads, and super mario with my cousin sadly i've been itching to rock out the battle toads again but ever nintendo i get my hands on is to dusty and wont work

Emulators are your friend... ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-28 17:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Contra and Zelda! First games for my first NES.
Also would play mario with my brother every morning before school.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-01-28 17:11:48
Link | Citer | R

I remember sitting on the floor w/ my Dad in our family's first apartment, playing the Smurfs on one of those really old Atari's, not sure which one. I must have been like 4 years old or something. I remember being really frustrated that I kept on failing trying to jump over this little hurdle thingy, which I think if you landed on, put you back at the beginning of the level.

Quote:
As for my earliest gaming memory, it would have to be Smurfs: Escape from Gargamel's Castle and Zaxon, both on the Colecovision. I was rocking Smurfs when I was like 3 lol...

yeahhhhhhhh durty
 Siren.Vagustae
Serveur: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-01-28 17:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Gotta love Paperboy for the NES. Lol.
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-28 17:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Up'n Down on Colecovision. Would play that thing foreverrrr...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-01-28 17:38:04
Link | Citer | R

One of my first games was on the computer, was Doom for the computer and X-wing vx. Tie Fighter. First portable game was Pokemon Red on the day I turned 11. And the year after I got N64 from my aunt. I know I started my game library late lol But I did play my good share of NES and Super Nintendo games before that. :]
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-28 17:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Pitfall! The game that never ends. What about pong? Boy that sure was fun, how we sat and played that and managed to enjoy life. HAH idk.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 17:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Early 80's Atari: Frogger and Pitfall I think i was like 4, i remember the tv in the basement of my parents old house had the Atari hooked up and i always had to bring a blanky down there cuz it was cold, i also remember Saturday mornings being glued to the atari eating cap'n crunch with crunch-berries.

Pitfall was my favorite i remember but it was so hard and i sucked at it, i rocked at frogger tho!

It was in the basement too so i was scared to go down there alone.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-28 18:06:08
Link | Citer | R

My parents (stepmom in particular) did not approve of games and wouldn't let me and my siblings play them. But my dad had a couple of old game boys, the gray rectangle ones that were maybe 8-ish inches high, 4-ish across, and two-ish inches thick. He only had one game for them, Tetris. So I snitched one of them and played Tetris whenever I could sneak it. Then later, when I met my husband, he was a gamer and had all these consoles and things I'd never even heard of (Xbox? What's that?) and he taught me to play a few games, I could never get into them though. Actually, he kept taking me to lam parties hoping to get me interested and caught me sleeping, using a spare Xbox as a pillow once in the middle of the party. Oops. Then when he started playing FFXI, I got jealous that he spent so much time on it, so he bought me one for the xbox 360 and had me play it to see why he liked it so much, and now I am hooked! Only on FFXI though. He hasn't succeeded in making me like his Halo and Gears of War stuff yet.
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-28 18:15:04
Link | Citer | R

My real mom bought my Dad a Sega Genesis with the CD add-on. It was the last time I saw him and my Mom smiling at each other.

He stayed up all night playing a boxing game and a game called Snatchers. I kept waking up and coming into the living room to watch him play and out of the 5 or 6 times I did that he might have noticed me once.

I wasn't in school at that age so I slept all day the next day from staying up so late but all my dreams were about videogames...
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-01-28 18:36:40
Link | Citer | R

I was living in Virginia when I was about 2-3 years old and my neighbors were Japanese. They had the JP Famicon and also the USA NES. They taught me how to play the NES unlike anyone else I have seen for the longest time while gaming on the NES in it's prime. They showed me tricks in Super Mario Bros., Paperboy, and other games but the game that is still my personal favorite is River City Ransom. It was the very first NES game I played with them and wasn't until about 2-3 years ago I found a copy of it at a used game store in Chicago. Very happy moment for me. Then about the GBA version. ^_^

Kind of interesting... JPs have been teaching NA players how to game better for a long time. O.o
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 18:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Zekky said:

Kind of interesting... JPs have been teaching NA players how to game better for a long time. O.o

Wrong, I'll school any of em at some frogger.
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2009-01-28 19:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Bard's Tale for Commodore 64 :O I was also really fond of an obscure game called Karnov for NES, as well as older RPGs like Lagoon, FF1 and Iron Sword (lol @Fabio on the game bawx) If I am remembering correctly, that game didn't have a battery save, so you had to put in like 4 or 5 long winded codes to resume gameplay.

And t('.'t) you, Kung Fu... I didn't get to floor 99 just to go back to 01...

And yes, /represent playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe's in typing class... that was cutting edge, yo :O
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-28 19:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Smurfo said:

Pong or GTFO!
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-01-28 19:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Harvest Moon on SNES! :O
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-28 19:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Commodore Vic 20- Vic man ( Pac man clone) and Star Wars.

Commodore 64 - Montezuma's Revenge and Rockin Wrestling

Atari- Yar's Revenge, Indiana Jones, Pit fall, Waterworld, Earthworld, airworld, ( rem those ad games based on the zodiac) Pac man, ***load of others..

Coleco- Rocky, Pepper II, Smurfs, Zaxxon Super Zaxxon, Mousetrap, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior.

my old fav was the Vectrex( major old skool along with Vic 20)
Minetank or sumthin it was called

Nintendo : Mario Games ( Inc Supermarioworld Super mario 2, Mario 3, Dr. Mario)
Wizards and Warriors (similiar to Bard's Tale.) Shadowgate, all the Mega Man Games. and i believe there was some japanaese 100 games in 1 cartrigde too.. thank you Jpns for providing me with lots of fun.

Gotta hand it to Jpn ppl. They surely helped us keep busy playing video games since what, 1980's?? after pong?

Anyways.. thats not the extent of my memory.. but i'm not adding making a chapter out of this.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-28 19:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Playing Pinball at the local restaurant ( OoOO. Pretty Lights! Gawd it tilted so much) and arcade games at the dentist. I was about 6 or 7. A few months later I got my brown box Atari 2600
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-28 19:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Smurfo said:

Pong or GTFO!

no way, pong was boring and repetitive. Frogger u at least had like... 2 different levels, one with aligators, logs and water and another with the street and cars iirc.

Pacman owned all though but i never had that one, my cousin had pacman for atari and i loved going over to his house.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Azarasi
Serveur: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-28 20:42:03
Link | Citer | R

when i was like 4 or 5 I had an NES back in the early 90's played Off Road and Mario
First Page 2