Forum » FFXI » NMs » Orison Cape
Orison Cape
 Asura.Patriclis
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-08-30 12:34:18
Link | Citer | R

To all the people out there who have gotten the Orison Cape does anyone happen to know if there's any special conditions to getting it? The group i hunt Mangy-tailed is something like 0/12 now and we're wondering if we have to trigger a special weakness effect (the "!!" over it's head) to get it to drop. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
~Patriclis

Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 12:34:46
Link | Citer | R

*** doesn't put out.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-08-30 12:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah no kidding but it's reportedly a 10% drop rate, and we go with th3 most times. It seems a little odd that it wouldn't have dropped by now. And I am aware that there are some NMs that need that "!!" triggered to drop their "good" drop.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-30 12:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patriclis said:
Yeah no kidding but it's reportedly a 10% drop rate, and we go with th3 most times. It seems a little odd that it wouldn't have dropped by now. And I am aware that there are some NMs that need that "!!" triggered to drop their "good" drop.
!! only increases the odds. Doesn't mean you'll get it every time or that you can't get it without.

It's such a pain in the *** NM too. My group can kill it safely, but it takes forever.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-30 12:38:02
Link | Citer | R

We killed last night, got the drop, but didnt trigger any !!, i think hes just a stingy *** sometimes :/
1/1 w/ th4 thou
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-08-30 12:41:02
Link | Citer | R

We're 0/9 on him. . . :(
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-08-30 12:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
We killed last night, got the drop, but didnt trigger any !!, i think hes just a stingy *** sometimes :/
1/1 w/ th4 thou

well that's good to know, still hoping for a few more testimonials just to be sure (not that i don't trust you just sometimes people miss things lol). Hope to get this cleared up soon. sick of this damned rabbit XD
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-08-30 12:44:17
Link | Citer | R

0/15 or more.
 Shiva.Ravager
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2010-08-30 12:47:10
Link | Citer | R

The times I've killed it with my LS Tachi: Jinpu seemed to trigger the "!!" and we've gotten the ring and cape when it happened but I may just be eyeballing. We've gotten maybe 2-3 capes in 10 or so kills, I'm not 100% on whether you need for it to be triggered or you're just on a bad streak. Good luck on getting your cape.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-30 13:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patriclis said:
I know this is off topic a little but right now I'm 0/50 on a reported ~10% drop alot of those times with TH3 or Th4..I don't mean to be a downer or whatnot..just keep going sooner or later it will..gl on the drop.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-08-30 13:02:21
Link | Citer | R

0/16. TH4 every time.
 Asura.Serano
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-08-30 13:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patriclis said:
wiki = Joke
 Odin.Yunaspirit
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Yunaspirit 2010-08-30 13:21:14
Link | Citer | R

I went 1/1 on this. All we had was WHM (me), THF, THF. We didn't do anything special, and never triggered the !!. Seems like it is just him being stingy :(

Good luck
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-08-30 13:24:28
Link | Citer | R

went 1/2 on this for mine, when LS raped nothing at all dropped, but when a nice RDM solo'd it for me (duo'd technically with me being TH4 stealing his hate once in a while) it DID drop. I was watching it the entire time and a !! never happened.

though, we've been killing it every time since for the other WHM in our shell and I think she's like 0/5 now :/

FU ring
 Ragnarok.Qtip
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: milkme
By Ragnarok.Qtip 2010-08-30 13:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Gotten 2 capes with my set, usually go with 4 ppl + our mules, I'd say 10% drop is pretty accurate, but it's 10% with TH3/4 >_>.

Never seen !! proc on it though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-08-30 13:41:49
Link | Citer | R

I've been trying for this drop for a while too, was wondering the same thing. Thanks. ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-30 23:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patriclis said:
Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
1/1 w/ th4 thou

well that's good to know, still hoping for a few more testimonials just to be sure (not that i don't trust you just sometimes people miss things lol). Hope to get this cleared up soon. sick of this damned rabbit XD

Np at all, good luck on getting it!!
on a side note, i was the whm so i was standing a little back, but was watching fight the whole time, unless the !! are really small and no one in my pt noticed (they would have said it if they saw !!) im pretty sure didnt pop on mine<3
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-08-31 06:46:59
Link | Citer | R

alright thanks a lot for the help looks like i just have to go and smack him around some more and hopefully it'll drop one of these days. Congrats to all those who've gotten the drop so far :)
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-08-31 09:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Houppelande said:
We're 0/9 on him. . . :(

0/24.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-09-06 16:55:33
Link | Citer | R

1/29. good god this NM sucks.

0/15+ brooder, 0/13 Mict now -.-
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-09-06 17:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Was 1/1 with a blue !! pop and 2 pairs of serp boots dropped off brooder with blue !! also, none on mine FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU