Lowman Mictlantecuhtli?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Lowman Mictlantecuhtli?
Lowman Mictlantecuhtli?
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Enygma
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-24 22:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Anyone solo/duo'd this yet? I just got the feet and dont have a linkshell to get me hands, but wanted to get some strats on this lowman before i give it a shot.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-24 23:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Red Mage is the job of choice (BLM can work too). Ninja sub required.

It has been solo'd, I've duo'd it numerous times etc. I've seen a few methods of doing it and unless proven otherwise I'd say you probably need movement speed to solo it (there might be a spot I don't know about or I could be messing it up).

Basically, way I do it: there's a rock inbetween Corse and Turtle. It paths very badly around the lower end of that rock, so you want to run around it. Play offensively but don't nuke it so that it lands when it's casting. Dispel Momento Mori. Bring Echo Drops for Silence Seal. Do not have yellow HP and go near the Corses on the East side; if someone gets aggro, get them to run it and take Mict from them and it'll depop eventually.

Damagewise, it's fairly strong but nothing amazing. Its -ga3s hurt a bit but not a great deal. Its melee attacks will hurt if you don't have a PDT set and it DAs a lot. It can be Para'd and Slow'd. Drain is the killer though and will literally oneshot you unless you're very lucky, so be careful with your shadows. Charm is the other real killer: for this you want to have a plan worked out ahead of time. Diaga => Sleep can work if they have a decent Stoneskin left and lets them wake up at will in an emergency after Charm. Failing that, either whittle down their shadows or Diaga => Bind. Don't Gravity them unless you really have to.

More RDMs make it dramatically easier. Good luck! Went 1/10 on my pair but this is anomalously bad luck (and my usual)!
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-24 23:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Killed him a few times with LS, and he's not insanely hard, but not my favourite NM that's for sure. I can see how a duo might not work so well because of the damage type thing. Not sure what duo combination you have in mind, but SAM/NIN + healer might work. A charm could mean death though, so maybe RDM with movement speed as a healer, or something.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-24 23:35:12
Link | Citer | R

2-3 SAM/NIN or MNK/NIN or WAR/NIN, with RDM/DRK or WHM/RDM, could do it without having to kite.

Melees engage but turn back to NM and blink-tank backwards. Need to keep shadows up because Drain is brutal (like one-shot brutal), but blinkable.
Whenever NM starts to cast, face it and either WeaponSkill or land 1-2 rounds of melee swings, then turn around again and resume backwards blink-tanking. SAM will do faster damage with this strategy, due to Meditate, but MNK gets blunt damage bonus vs. Corse, and WAR has Provoke for better hate balancing. Any will do.

Key is to never face/melee it when it isn't casting, since you would cure it. And to keep shadows up and/or Stun Drain. COR/WHM is a nice addition to this set-up for Caster's Roll and Samurai Roll.

I'm not sure if a 3-5 person strategy meets your definition of "lowman", but it works, and isn't difficult if executed properly.
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-24 23:48:44
Link | Citer | R

sure does, thanks alot! Ill try this soon!
 Caitsith.Hamsterx
user: Hamsterx
By Caitsith.Hamsterx 2010-08-24 23:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Shout for a group of people in WG, promising everyone the chance to lot.

Now this part is key; make sure you're the party leader. When they drop set yourself as QM and kick people. Oh wait, you knew how to do this already...

What happened to the group of tards running around with you? Why not just get them to help you again?

(exact reference to my sarcastic opening)http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3994533&postcount=170

(the whole warning thread)http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80423
[+]
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-25 00:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Your a moron, first of all, i didn't even have party leader, second of all I helped the player get her dagger after. Someone in her linkshell just jumped the gun and posted something stupid that they knew nothing about... oh wait.. like you!
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-08-25 00:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Someone duoed it for me, well, the same person with two characters with Rdm/ninx2. Basically straight tanking with para, slow, poison, bio, and trading off nukes. Had a pretty much perfect -pdt and -mdt sets, though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-25 00:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah, forgot to mention you can straight tank it etc. First try was doing that and timed out but we didn't push it offensively as much as we could have (we didn't have temp items/enhancements either I'm fairly sure). You can definitely do it duo straighttank method as long as you don't use too much MP on cures or are forced to wait on Convert too much, but kiting is just like that but with a lot more freedom to nuke/vert etc, and better in terms of survival.
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-25 01:11:42
Link | Citer | R

thanks for advice, hoping to finish the set this week :)
 Caitsith.Deiopea
user: Magnius
By Caitsith.Deiopea 2010-08-25 11:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Enygma said:
second of all I helped the player get her dagger after

No, her LS got her the dagger for her lol
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-25 11:21:48
Link | Citer | R

I enjoy this fight as BLU/THF. There's just something about 3k cannonballs passing hate between two tanks that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-25 11:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I enjoy this fight as BLU/THF. There's just something about 3k cannonballs passing hate between two tanks that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
ftfy, unless you can do a 3k cannonball without 2-hour?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-25 11:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh him, yes. He takes a lot of damage.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-25 11:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, would almost actually be worth me going /thf for things like that... almost. My poor /thf doesn't get any action these days :(
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-25 11:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Deiopea said:
Caitsith.Enygma said:
second of all I helped the player get her dagger after
No, her LS got her the dagger for her lol

I was in the group, and it wasn't the only time we had went, its just the next time it dropped. Stop trolling moron.
 Caitsith.Deiopea
user: Magnius
By Caitsith.Deiopea 2010-08-25 11:58:19
Link | Citer | R

lol.
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2010-08-25 12:11:12
Link | Citer | R

I was sure he'd say that SS was photo shopped and you were lying.

Anyways Enygma seems to be total attention ***. Other night he asked to join xp in abyssea, i said "i think you know the answer to that, given his history. Next day he posts comment on my page calling me "elitist ***" which i guess is true to a degree, because i can't stand retards like him.

Also, lol at defending setting QM after someone won a lot with "i helped him later" totally makes you look a ton better.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-25 12:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Awesome how a discussion on battle strategy devolved into another player warning thread.
[+]
 Caitsith.Nermie
user: rouzbie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2010-08-25 12:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Can Mictlantecuhtli be low-manned?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-25 12:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Nermie said:
Can Mictlantecuhtli be low-manned?

A couple strategies for one-five players have already been posted here. More ideas are welcomed.
[+]
 Caitsith.Nermie
user: rouzbie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2010-08-25 12:43:26
Link | Citer | R

/thread
[+]
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-25 20:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Nermie said:
/thread

haha FU NERMIE! <3
 Hades.Raddmage
Serveur: Hades
user: Kakkoii
By Hades.Raddmage 2010-08-25 20:53:37
Link | Citer | R

SAM/NIN RDM BRD trio
MNK/nin RDM BRD trio
any DD /nin rdm brd trio thats all u need cor is nice too
 Caitsith.Enygma
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-25 20:58:32
Link | Citer | R

guessing rdm went /drk?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-25 21:34:01
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't in case you need to kite during ohshit and Drain is oneshot. Stun does work though ~
 Phoenix.Maeya
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2010-08-26 05:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
2-3 SAM/NIN or MNK/NIN or WAR/NIN, with RDM/DRK or WHM/RDM, could do it without having to kite.

Melees engage but turn back to NM and blink-tank backwards. Need to keep shadows up because Drain is brutal (like one-shot brutal), but blinkable.
Whenever NM starts to cast, face it and either WeaponSkill or land 1-2 rounds of melee swings, then turn around again and resume backwards blink-tanking. SAM will do faster damage with this strategy, due to Meditate, but MNK gets blunt damage bonus vs. Corse, and WAR has Provoke for better hate balancing. Any will do.

Key is to never face/melee it when it isn't casting, since you would cure it. And to keep shadows up and/or Stun Drain. COR/WHM is a nice addition to this set-up for Caster's Roll and Samurai Roll.

I'm not sure if a 3-5 person strategy meets your definition of "lowman", but it works, and isn't difficult if executed properly.

Thanks ^^ Gonna give this a try!
 Hades.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-26 05:47:27
Link | Citer | R

I duoed it this morning, using SAM and RDM

Back tank it and Gekko it during spells, keeping slow/paralyze on.

Thats it really, takes 20min
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-26 06:03:57
Link | Citer | R

How exactly do you back tank on either of those jobs?
 Hades.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-26 06:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
How exactly do you back tank on either of those jobs?

Turn around engaged to the mob? lol xD
[+]
First Page 2