FFXI and FFXIV
First Page 2
 Asura.Rule
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-08-18 08:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone else surprised that SE is going to lower their prices if you play both games!?

I am! but glad they are. + name transfer + movement speed feet ^^

Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-18 08:32:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
Is anyone else surprised that SE is going to lower their prices if you play both games!?

Kinda is a thread about this allready :P
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 09:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Rule said:

Kinda is a thread about this allready :P
yes but the OP of this topic can actually read and write and not lol at a discount if you have both accounts active, or a free item or keeping your name on your FFXIV-server (it has to be the same server like for me, it has to be Cerberus not another server)
 Leviathan.Anbu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-18 09:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Sad to say I'm sold, guess I'll be playing both those dam *** at SE got me again ^^
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-18 16:23:06
Link | Citer | R

I won't be. I don't even know that I'll continue with ffxi once xiv comes out. Depends on how many people stick around on xi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-18 16:34:43
Link | Citer | R

I probably won't be playing FFXI on a regular basis once 14 drops just going to keep ffxi in case 14 is garbage or if server down ect..
I know 14 will be swarming with bugs fixes ect...and content is probably limited just like when ffxi 1st dropped with no expansions ect.. If 14 proved to be way better and satisfying as 11 is then i'll just cancel 11.
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-18 16:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Until they add something like BST and COR to 14, I'm probably gonna stick around for 11 for awhile yet. At least until I can record all the expansion cutscenes and make myself a few FFXI movies ^^
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-08-19 00:44:02
Link | Citer | R

obviously SE isnt oblivious to the fact that more then half the population of 11 will cancel there ID due to 14 coming out... so what do they do? lower the price of 11 if you link it to your current 14 ID, not to mention the deal only last intill jan 2011, lool its just another way to make sure they milk every penny. think about it, because there implicating this new payment system they KNOW that the majority of the people who play 11 will cancel there ID and play 14 for a bit just to get the feel if they like it or not, so... SE lowers the price "hoping" you feel its a good deal and keep your 11 ID active along with your new 14 ID sooooo lets seee... guessing that 14 ID will cost the same as current 11 ID (12.95) thats 12.95 + 7.00 = 20.00$ lmao so you'll be paying 20$ for a 14 ID and a 11 ID in which u may not even return to for sep - jan2011. woow se woow anything to keep a buck, i applauded them for catching the idiots tho
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 00:46:22
Link | Citer | R

I'll sign up for the item, then I'll stop signing up.

The bell is tolling for you XI.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-19 01:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jovant said:
obviously SE isnt oblivious to the fact that more then half the population of 11 will cancel there ID due to 14 coming out... so what do they do? lower the price of 11 if you link it to your current 14 ID, not to mention the deal only last intill jan 2011, lool its just another way to make sure they milk every penny. think about it, because there implicating this new payment system they KNOW that the majority of the people who play 11 will cancel there ID and play 14 for a bit just to get the feel if they like it or not, so... SE lowers the price "hoping" you feel its a good deal and keep your 11 ID active along with your new 14 ID sooooo lets seee... guessing that 14 ID will cost the same as current 11 ID (12.95) thats 12.95 + 7.00 = 20.00$ lmao so you'll be paying 20$ for a 14 ID and a 11 ID in which u may not even return to for sep - jan2011. woow se woow anything to keep a buck, i applauded them for catching the idiots tho

'Woow' indeed at your math skills. FFXI is 12.95 for one character. I don't remember the ffxiv one character fee(I think its 13.95, I dun remember though). I know alot of people who plan to play ~both~ so they arn't trying to rob every last penny, they are trying to support BOTH games together, and making it easier for people to play BOTH. Cheaper = more people play it with 14 as well. So they get to keep there old running, and there new running as well.

Yes, I do agree that they are profitting from it, but think of how long the games been in the work for? They want to make back money abit quicker, I'd say.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-19 01:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:

'Woow' indeed at your math skills. FFXI is 12.95 for one character. I don't remember the ffxiv one character fee(I think its 13.95, I dun remember though). I know alot of people who plan to play ~both~ so they arn't trying to rob every last penny, they are trying to support BOTH games together, and making it easier for people to play BOTH. Cheaper = more people play it with 14 as well. So they get to keep there old running, and there new running as well.

Yes, I do agree that they are profitting from it, but think of how long the games been in the work for? They want to make back money abit quicker, I'd say.

Wonder how they'd handle people with multiple characters...or did they say and I just wasn't paying attention? lol
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-19 01:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Roxanna said:

Wonder how they'd handle people with multiple characters...or did they say and I just wasn't paying attention? lol

Edit, Ok, they did address it, But I don't understand it myself. To sleepy x.o

edit edit: ok, the copy paste doesn't work for this. Go to the damn site yourself ;_;
 Fenrir.Tiaraa
user: Tiaraa
By Fenrir.Tiaraa 2010-08-19 01:18:34
Link | Citer | R

No new pc for me until this time next year so I'll miss out ;-;
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-19 01:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tiaraa said:
No new pc for me until this time next year so I'll miss out ;-;

-patpat- I get to order mine in a week or two. I'm kinda excited, this laptop was ment for college, but I needed to step away from college so it.. kinda got turned into a gaming thing for now XD
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-19 01:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter much for me either way. I'm not playing xiv. Not interested in upgrading an almost brand new computer right now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-08-19 01:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jovant said:

seeing how 11 is turning out now... i doubt there will be alot of people who will continue on the regular basis with 11 as soon as 14 drops (THATS IF 14 IS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS)... only people i can think of actually staying to play 11 are the ones who are bound to xbox or playstation system. i personally dont think anyone will manage to bounce both 11 & 14 again, (IF 14 IS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS) people will be more active in the game that they enjoy most, people wont go back to 11 ESPECIALLY if they have the majority of there friend base on 11 transfer to 14 as well. so yet again, SE comes up with this creative new system so they can keep peoples business for both accounts, this isnt convenient for the customer AT ALL when the customer wont even log in 11 ID (thats more then likely whats going to happen, because in most MMOs u want to get the best and its ALWAYS a good thing to be the first getting/killing/crafting things before its in mass demand.)
this payment system is only convenient to the company because they want the "consumer" to feel its a good deal so what does the consumer do? link the acconts and pays the extra 7$ for something they may log into 3 times a week just to do nothing but look at shouts in whitegate, check AH, and talk to the bound game system users LMAO

o... if u want to link it for the shoes and then cancel right after by all means do what u do 7$ for extra movement speed yay! lol

Edit: (just for Roxanna) or the computer users that cant install 14 on there current computer specs. ; ;
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-19 01:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jovant said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:

seeing how 11 is turning out now... i doubt there will be alot of people who will continue on the regular basis with 11 as soon as 14 drops (THATS IF 14 IS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS)... only people i can think of actually staying to play 11 are the ones who are bound to xbox or playstation system. i personally dont think anyone will manage to bounce both 11 & 14 again, (IF 14 IS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS) people will be more active in the game that they enjoy most, people wont go back to 11 ESPECIALLY if they have the majority of there friend base on 11 transfer to 14 as well. so yet again, SE comes up with this creative new system so they can keep peoples business for both accounts, this isnt convenient for the customer AT ALL when the customer wont even log in 11 ID (thats more then likely whats going to happen, because in most MMOs u want to get the best and its ALWAYS a good thing to be the first getting/killing/crafting things before its in mass demand.)
this payment system is only convenient to the company because they want the "consumer" to feel its a good deal so what does the consumer do? link the acconts and pays the extra 7$ for something they may log into 3 times a week just to do nothing but look at shouts in whitegate, check AH, and talk to the bound game system users LMAO

o... if u want to link it for the shoes and then cancel right after by all means do what u do 7$ for extra movement speed yay! lol

I don't care for the shoes, and likely won't link the account together at all. I rejoined ffxi thinking I'd have my old friends still since I quit in good terms with most of them, But it seems not many really give a damn for me. Thats not my point to replying this... My point is you really don't know many people do you? I've known alot of people who, ohmigosh, play FFXI and WoW, Two big MMO's!... So the point of 'you can't play two mmo's at once' is wrong. And yes, I'm sure someones going to 'lulwow' but really, people -do- play multiple MMO's at once, its doable, and has been done around the world.

Do I think it'll help people? Yeah, sure, I know alot of people who want to ho onto 14 to try it out while staying on 11. Thats 5ish bucks saved a month for them.

Do I also think that its SE's way of getting extra money? Of course. There a big buisness, they want money. Whats a better way to make money? No reason answering an obvious question.

My last point is back to the friends thing.(I did have a point to that, but forgot to mention it >.>) Alot of people plan to move to ffxiv together, friend(ingame or rl friends) and alot of them also plan to stay on 11 until bugs work out of 14, or even until 11 dies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-19 04:14:15
Link | Citer | R

since i have to wait for 14 till next year i gonna stay in ffxi and start to cry as every *** and their *** leaves this game to be an *** in the new FF-online.

srsly though i doubt that i will play both games active. Just not gonna happen.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Mayeh
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-08-19 13:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Well this offer has good and bad points. I like the idea of the gear. However, the ability to transfer my name over? Thanks, but I'd prefer to pick my own last name. Also a discount on one of my accounts and not including the mules, not enough to keep me paying for two games at a time. I'll get my fancy shoes and then cancel my content IDs until at least January.

The first few months are the key to a new game I find, you either decide to play it or you toss it aside. You really want to keep up with your friends so that you aren't stuck as the level 15 in a linkshell of 40s.

I will also enjoy having no scheduled events for the first time since I hit 75 and joined my first Dynamis shell. The freedom to play only when I want to play, I really miss that.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-08-19 13:19:43
Link | Citer | R

14= 12.99 1char slot 1 free retainer
11= 12.95 1char slot

14= Other Char = 3$ a month
14= 1 more retainer cost of 1# a month

So ya i think ffxiv is better in the payments.

Retainer: Is a mule, Sell item,buy item, AH system. Hold item and hold your gil also. So it's a MULE,AH, Top of that you can pick what race,sex, and pick from a hand full of NPC you can pick from.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-19 13:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mayeh said:
The freedom to play only when I want to play, I really miss that.

Likely every spare moment, at least at first, right?

:D
 Sylph.Mayeh
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-08-19 13:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Sylph.Mayeh said:

Yeah, I'm in the beta and spend a lot of time playing, trying out the new stuff. I can see spending a lot of time crafting early once the NPCs actually start selling low level materials again.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-22 22:39:39
Link | Citer | R

^
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-22 22:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Warblade said:
ok all, Im sorry to say this but it is the truth. FFXI is pretty much gonna die off, if ffxiv is better the xi. I honesty think ffxi is dieing off now. As much as some people dont want to hear this it is the truth.

I agree, but I'd don a flameproof suit.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-08-22 23:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mayeh said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Sylph.Mayeh said:

Yeah, I'm in the beta and spend a lot of time playing, trying out the new stuff. I can see spending a lot of time crafting early once the NPCs actually start selling low level materials again.

Me too. They got some technical slowdown issues to work on, especially menu navigation, but that;s part of what beta's all about i suppose. Oh and running not like total ***on fullscreen. My rig has been able to handle every major new game ive played on full specs so im pretty sure it isnt that.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 23:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Warblade said:
ok all, Im sorry to say this but it is the truth. FFXI is pretty much gonna die off, if ffxiv is better the xi. I honesty think ffxi is dieing off now. As much as some people dont want to hear this it is the truth.
The only problem with this logic is that more than a few people play FFXI specifically because they can't afford a new computer to play any more graphically advanced MMOs.

Those people, naturally, won't be able to afford a new computer for FFXIV, so they'll stay with FFXI for the time being.

Regardless, I foresee at least a few more servers being merged shortly after FFXIV's release.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zemzerrett
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Zemzerrett 2010-08-23 09:14:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2