users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New Vegas
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 11:53:56
Link | Citer | R

For all you Fallout Fanatics out thar. E3 Officially starts tomorrow, and already we're treated to pure awesomesauce.

Stiff Animations aside, the partially original Black Isles crew seems to have done the best with their own second-hand property.

Also, Official Release date announced. Huzzah.

Edit: Just realized this isn't the Trailer that actually shows the Release date, and I can't find one to link soooo

October 19th, 2010.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-14 11:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Goddamn, fallout is so hot.

(I'm one of those people that never heard of fallout before the third game)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 12:01:05
Link | Citer | R

I want mah Crackdown 2 ;_;

But this game looks shiney, too. I've never played any Fallouts. If I have the spare cash I'll get it.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 12:03:20
Link | Citer | R

This should be even more fun in particular considering I currently live in Las Vegas :3
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 12:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Goddamn, fallout is so hot.

(I'm one of those people that never heard of fallout before the third game)

The first two are how I like to describe "Equal but different".

Fallout 3 failed pretty hard when it came to the lore, and most of the Fallout staples were added in just because they were in Fallouts previous. For Example, Super Mutants really had no business being on the East Coast.

But in terms of immersion and just overall fun. I think Fallout 3 tops both the Original and FOII, though Perhaps that's unfair, as I did not play I and II until I had a gaming PC, which was around the Time Morrowind was released, and that's a tough act to follow.

Best of Both worlds is how New Vegas is shaping up, only thing I'm a little (Very little) Wary on is the campiness factor. But I suppose that fits in well with the Vegas Theme.
 Asura.Valentino
Serveur: Asura
user: Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-06-14 12:14:33
Link | Citer | R

<3 Fallout!
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 12:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Never played the first or second, but 3 was nice. Looking forward to this but I play way to much FF =( maybe I can play while skilling up again in Castle Z~
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-14 12:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Let’s go sunning
It’s so good for you!
Let’s go sunning
Beneath the sky of blue!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-06-14 12:25:23
Link | Citer | R

i already got my new vegas preordered cant wait for it too come out its gonna be bad *** !!!
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-14 12:29:36
Link | Citer | R

this one looks sweet! i just hope they sort all the bugs and freezes out before they put it on sale >.> or at least Patch them
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-14 12:31:12
Link | Citer | R

While I'm looking forward to New Vegas, I also wish they would make another Elder Scrolls game. Oblivion was crazy fun.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-14 12:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
While I'm looking forward to New Vegas, I also wish they would make another Elder Scrolls game. Oblivion was crazy fun.

I was hoping that to, but no ones mentioned anything about it...

I heard somewhere they were planning a new Elder Scrolls game in 2011 but probably just rumors
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-14 12:33:55
Link | Citer | R

I also wonder what this Fallout MMO will be like, sounds like it could be good. what do you think?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 12:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

That's what I'm hoping for out of this E3.

The name "Skyrim" has already been registered by Bethesda "in regards to Game software and instruction manuals" so it's only a matter of time...

[For those who haven't looked enough into TES lore, Skyrim is the North-center Nation of the Continent, Tamriel. Morrowind is the North East, and Hammerfell/High Rock make up a pennisula to the Northwest. TESIV took place in the center nation, Cyrodiil]

As for Project V13, the Fallout MMO, Interplay and Bethesda settled finally, so it can continue. Though if it's anything like Fallen Earth, DO NOT WANT.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-14 12:43:30
Link | Citer | R

They finally settled after like 5 months of sueing each other? thank god.

I just hope the new Elder Scrolls game is out before Fallout 4 is, and to be honest i think a Elders Scrolls MMO would be alot better than a Fallout one
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 13:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
They finally settled after like 5 months of sueing each other? thank god.

I just hope the new Elder Scrolls game is out before Fallout 4 is, and to be honest i think a Elders Scrolls MMO would be alot better than a Fallout one

Bethesda likes to completely rebuild their games from absolutely nothing except the general setting (Nirn/Tamriel). It makes entries into The Elder Scrolls franchise seem more like totally new games, than just some copypast ***with new content added.(Not that that's always a bad thing, hell, that's what New Vegas is looking like)

But The Elder Scrolls 5 will almost undoubtedly be out before Fallout 4. They have been working on TES5 for a long time. The more experienced programmers and such likely began looking for, or building an engine immediately after TES4 was finished. There's this misconception that after a game is finished and/or ships, Devs "Take a break" but that's no true, as soon as one is done, they move on to the next, or sometimes even move on to the next before one is finished, depending on their duties. (Such as if the artists are filling the world with Content, the programmers would be creating the backbone of a new, different game)

An Elder Scrolls MMO is in development, but not by Bethesda Softworks game studio. Zenimax Online is handling the MMO, with likely the only original input coming from lead designer Todd Howard.