Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFXIII Orphan Fight
FFXIII Orphan Fight
 Siren.Snowe
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2010-06-11 22:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I'm on the last boss Orphan. I use Fang/Sazh(or Hope)/Lightning.
I get him down to about 50% before he starts raping me..

I use...
COM/COM/COM
SAB/SYN/MED
MED/MED/MED
COM/RAV/MED
COM/RAV/COM
COM/RAV/RAV

Any suggestions?
 Sylph.Aleya
Serveur: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-06-11 22:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Well I played most of the game then got pretty bored with it and my BF finished it. I watched him do this fight and he slaughtered it. What he did, I'm not sure how far you are in your crystarium and what kinda upgrades you have done, but he did upgrade the weapons and some gear and just raped that fight.

I know when I did some boss fights, I never upgraded ***. I really despise the whole system. So when he took over and did all that it made a difference.

Again, not really sure if you kept up with it so if you have, ignore all this :X
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-11 22:43:53
Link | Citer | R

level ur ***up as far as it can go and don't go out in gimped ***.
anything else other than that do an lolgamefaqs.
jkman.
i don't really feel like getting out my guide so let me try to remember ***...if you named it the actual names like diversity and ***i'd be able to understand that better >.<
use fang hope and lightning, having sazh in party is just novelty really unless you got em capped, last boss isn't orphan btw, you got the rest of the game left for ya after orphan.grindgrindgrind.
com/com/com is a bit excessive, hope can do about the same damage either way, so you don't need that.
where the hell is yer sentinel ***?
sentinel is the quintessential function of the whole thing, wtf can you do with out a tank man?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-11 22:48:44
Link | Citer | R

it's essentially the same damn thing you can do in ffxi man.
tank, healing, buff, debuff, dd, dot, and crits lots of crits.
the only real difference is the stagger meter, and that should be your goal.
when you aren't defending or healing switch back between a stagger set which can be all rav's or two ravs, 2 ravs with a sentinel should be something you need.
but debuff em and buff yourself before you do anything of course, you've played this game up to this far, how do you not know all this?
 Sylph.Aleya
Serveur: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-06-11 22:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
when you aren't defending or healing switch back between a stagger set which can be all rav's or two ravs, 2 ravs with a sentinel should be something you need.
but debuff em and buff yourself before you do anything of course, you've played this game up to this far, how do you not know all this?

Not sure why you would even say something like that, considering even if he does all of what you said and hasn't upgraded his gear and crystarium it's not gonna make that much of a diff. At least in my playing experience it certainly didn't. I really didn't upgrade anything for a while and then it did start to hinder me, even if I was buffing and debuffing etc.

EDIT: But yea I agree about the sentinel, wtf? lol
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-06-11 23:04:34
Link | Citer | R

We talking last boss Orphan first form? Or last boss Orphan last form?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-11 23:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Aleya said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Not sure why you would even say something like that, considering even if he does all of what you said and hasn't upgraded his gear and crystarium it's not gonna make that much of a diff. At least in my playing experience it certainly didn't. I really didn't upgrade anything for a while and then it did start to hinder me, even if I was buffing and debuffing etc.

EDIT: But yea I agree about the sentinel, wtf? lol
well i mean if he can kill it 50% or even get up to this point he would have had to have atleast a moderately cohesive set and would HAVE TO use sentinel :/
so my previous question stands regardless....and i like to rub it in when people r nubz to this degree.
Phoenix.Ailoki said:

that'd be lol funnny if it was just the first form.
 Siren.Snowe
Serveur: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2010-06-11 23:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
first, havent eve beaten 1st yet..
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-11 23:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Snowe said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
first, havent eve beaten 1st yet..
man, you got a quite a lot ahead of you, g2gamefaqs man or buy the guide, that has all the info you need.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-06-11 23:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Orphan First Form can be de-buffed. You should start the battle off in Salvation (MED/MED/MED) or Combat Clinic (SEN/MED/MED), it will start the fight off with a move called Merciless Judgement. That move will bring everyone down into critical HP. It will not kill you unless you're poisoned or are taking some other type of damage.

Immediately heal yourself after this attack and switch to Rapid Growth (SEN/SEN/SEN), Infiltration (SAB/SAB/SAB), Espionage (SAB/SAB/SYN), or Superiority (SYN/SYN/SAB) to quick buff/de-buff everyone. If you can survive it, assuming this is your first time through, full buffs. Haste, Bravery, Faith, Protect/Shell, En-Spell. Orphan itself is immune to Debrave, Defaith, Stop and Daze. He's susceptible to everything else. But don't take too long de-buffing him.

For the first half of the fight, it'll use a slapping attack and every now and then, Merciless Judgement. Just go back to Salvation or Combat Clinic and heal up from it and de-buff/buff as necessary.

The second half of the battle is a little trickier. It'll use Merciless Judgement more often now and without warning. Again, just heal up from it. It'll switch modes and use an attack called Progenitorial Wrath which is instant death. It's very important to equip your leader with 3 (Or 4, depending on your Crystarium) maxed out Cerub's Crowns. Because, as you know, leader death = game over. Prog. Wrath will hit everyone, but will only kill the people who it landed on.

Orphan can de-buff you, so watch out for that. Fog is especially annoying to your healers as it is Silence pretty much. Pain isn't really a bad thing and is easily remedied.

Basically, Relentless Assault (COM/RAV/RAV) until it's staggered then Aggression (COM/COM/RAV). Or, if you have Tri-Disaster (RAV/RAV/RAV) to Stagger even faster, then Cerberus (COM/COM/COM) while it's Staggered is even better. Though, at this point in the game, I don't think you'll have a lot of options.

Just keep yourself buffed and healed. Debuffing Orphan helps immensely.

Second form is a joke. It's easier than the first. It won't cast Death, instead, it'll use moderate attacks. It's immune to all damage until it's Staggered. Once it is, let him have it. Just keep in mind, it can still attack you while in the air. Orphan's second form isn't really buff/de-buff heavy. Just give your party Haste and call it good, considering it can de-buff you and himself completely with a single attack.

Good luck!

Edit : Diversity (COM/RAV/MED) is key here for light healing, or heavy healing on one target. You shouldn't be using or needing SEN for much of everything, seeing as how most of Orphan's attacks are all 'AoE'.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-06-12 00:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I normally used a Sentinel for most fights throughout the game (as someone said earlier in the thread, it's very similar to FFXI in that respect). I used a Sentinel setup on Orphan's first form, and while it was slow the battle was easily won.

However, coming down to Orphan's second form I was unsuccessful on my first attempt using my traditional party setup (Lightning, Snow, Sazh). I found the Sentinel an overwhelmingly useless job class for the fight (since most attacks were hitting the entire party anyway), so I opted to drop Snow in favor of Vanille (which would gave me two Medics and two Synergists for fast healing/buffing, and gave me the only job class I was missing on my first attempt, a Saboteur. On top of this, it allowed me to keep 3 Ravagers for fast staggering, and 3 Commandos to deal the damage when it happened). This setup allowed an easy win for the second attempt.

Saboteur (specifically Vanille, since she has access to Poison), is a major key to winning this battle. Poison can literally kill Orphan on it's own, without you ever staggering the thing or dealing any additional damage. That's not going to be the case, since you'll obviously take the opportunity to stagger Orphan, but Poison will do a lot of the work for you.

I honestly wouldnt bother going all out on your gear/accessories. Some of them are nice upgrades, but I surely wouldnt waste your slots on Cherub's Crowns (or any death resist, for that matter). I say this only because in my experience fighting Orphan without Cherub's Crowns equipped on any of my characters, none of them were ever killed by Progenitorial Wrath. Even with maxed out Cherub's Crowns, you've still got a chance to be instantly killed. A smaller chance, sure, but it cannot 100% save you from it. I'd personally recommend using your standard accessories. Straight damage reduction (physical/magical -%) gear will show it's usefulness, and you can never go wrong with HP+ items.

Still, the best advice I can give is to finish Orphan as fast as you can. The longer the battle endures, the more likely you are to die or be killed with Progenitorial Wrath. So the faster, the better. Keep your buffs up, keep debuffs on Orphan, and 3 to 4 good staggers should win the fight.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-12 10:16:10
Link | Citer | R

meh the set up lightning/hope/fang> all.
u do know if you equip fang correctly you can have her break the damage cap right?
fang is your strongest damage dealer and second strongest tank, for the orphan fight she'd be the choice over snow.
same with hope, he is the strongest mage type in the game period. and lightning, well everyone think's that she's necessary for the most part, i usually switch sazh with lightning for funzies, never need to really use him on boss fights.
 Phoenix.Haltro
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-06-12 10:25:50
Link | Citer | R

.... you have to fight orphans?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-12 11:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
same with hope, he is the strongest mage type in the game period.

Vanille is stronger.
By Zekko 2010-06-12 11:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Vanille is stronger.

Vanille is better for debuffs but she isnt the best nuker unlike Hope.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-12 11:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeh thanks for just ruining the end of the game ***, you couldn't have just called the thread something like FFXIII Final Boss, you have to go and announce to everyone on the site who it is.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valefar
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-06-12 12:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Well Sag, I dunno who Orphan is.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-12 12:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Vanille is stronger.

Death? Strongest magic spell in the game.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-12 16:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

11:26 without leveling much and "gimped ***"

Aggression
Relentless Assault
Diversity
Smart Bomb
Protection
Combat Clinic

SEN isn't worthless because it's defense bonus applies to everybody not just them. More defense = less time healing = more time attacking
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-12 20:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Vanille is stronger.
either yer loltrolling or you don't know how to read statistics.
hope is the strongest ravager in the game, he is about the same when it comes to healing as vanille, his buff work out for the best when combined with fang..etc
my roomate bought the damn manual and it has all the statistics
hope>all when it comes to magic dmg coupled with everything.
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

11:26 without leveling much and "gimped ***"

Aggression
Relentless Assault
Diversity
Smart Bomb
Protection
Combat Clinic

SEN isn't worthless because it's defense bonus applies to everybody not just them. More defense = less time healing = more time attacking
i was pretty baked when i wrote all this so that's why i probably said "gimped ***"
yeah like you said if you do everything correctly you shouldn't have to really worry about it if you want to just be a lamer and 3 star something.
seriously, why not level your gear? if you have a decent idea of how to get everything you can have better gear and do better damage?
so actually, my gimped point stands, no real reason to not level up your weapons and equipment so you can be prepared.
i mean if your goal is too see how weak you can be and still be able to beat the game, have at it.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Zekko said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Vanille is stronger.

Death? Strongest magic spell in the game.
yeah try casting death on orphan.
seriously.
yeah you can do that to the turtles and all that but really...and then even past that how ofen does it hit?
seriously you people.

Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-12 20:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Yeh thanks for just ruining the end of the game ***, you couldn't have just called the thread something like FFXIII Final Boss, you have to go and announce to everyone on the site who it is.

Who the *** is Orphan? And secondly, why are you people playing that heap of crap?

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-12 20:24:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Who the *** is Orphan? And secondly, why are you people playing that heap of crap?

no idea why OP is playing it, i got it cuz i have a ps3 and as you know ps3 has no games so i have to get the ones that come out to make myself feel better about it.
hasn't came out of the case since probably the month they released it or maybe a month after. This is a forum full of FF fantards to an extent, why is it not expected?
lol troll face, never seen that before? is it new?
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-12 20:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

no idea why OP is playing it, i got it cuz i have a ps3 and as you know ps3 has no games so i have to get the ones that come out to make myself feel better about it.
hasn't came out of the case since probably the month they released it or maybe a month after. This is a forum full of FF fantards to an extent, why is it not expected?
lol troll face, never seen that before? is it new?