Bst/rdm?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » bst/rdm?
bst/rdm?
By Helix 2010-05-29 10:13:06
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering about the viability of this combo. Considering the new lvl caps, do you guys think this could be a viable replacement for bst/whm and bst/nin? I am just thinking about possibilities and I came to this thought and gave myself a huge "?"...

It seems viable in a way as I see alot of rdm/bst at high end but was curious about the potential here....you guys are alot smarter than me so what is your take on the possibilities...good, bad....indifferent?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-29 10:29:14
Link | Citer | R

BST/RDM has a few advantage, a 20% damage boost to Primal Rend, Dispel (Which is rarely resisted even as sub) and some basic healing. It lacks the ability to cure status ailments however, which in solo situation, could be a disaster.

Beastmaster/Red Mage works best in a duo with a Beastmaster/Dancer or Beastmaster/White Mage.
By Helix 2010-05-29 10:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Cool...

Do you think this might make bst a more party friendly invite or no?
By Helix 2010-05-29 10:39:17
Link | Citer | R

and yes, having soloed up as /whm i seriously counted on the status removal ability...that was huge...i didn't /nin till 74

but in a duo/ trio and heaven help us...a full blown pt or alliance...just wondering what meat we could bring to the table...I just would like for us bst to get a fair shake in the new and improved world
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-29 10:44:15
Link | Citer | R

About the only thing that could make beastmaster more desireble in parties is an ability that increases gil for all party members in range. Doesn't matter what you parse, how well you pull, or what you can really do, BST will always be lolbstgosolo.
By Helix 2010-05-29 11:02:27
Link | Citer | R

lmao...ouch...but you right
By Helix 2010-05-29 11:09:34
Link | Citer | R

I digress once again we get the short end of the stick...they hate us.

but a bst/rdm should be able to charm about anything....hi chr is the key...

they f'ing us and we too dumb to notice?

we should be able to charm anything...i just dont get why we cant charm wivre and hippogriff's in grauberg...thats prob another conversation tho
By Helix 2010-05-29 11:18:00
Link | Citer | R

0k..i accept it....we got lots of hate that needs to be distributed....go on...hurt me now and lets get it over
with