FF13 CP Farm HALP!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FF13 CP farm HALP!!!
FF13 CP farm HALP!!!
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 15:44:41
Link | Citer | R

I know the spot...I know the strategy...I go in with Fang/Light/Hope (Com/Rav/Rav). All 3 are maxed (as far as I can) on those jobs....I start the battle...everything is fine..I stagger Behemoth and he immediately transforms O.o; WUT!?

So, I retry...trying to figure out WHY he transformed...I look...Light and Hope are attacking the other fkn mob -.-' I decided I would try a different strat after Behe transforms... Sent/Com/Med...lol yea no. Thundara spam = death

halp pl0x? ; ;
 Sylph.Vincentius
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-19 15:47:40
Link | Citer | R

If I remember right, I went COM(Fang)/RAV(Lightning)/RAV(Hope) and just zerged them down. It should be really fast to be honest, I did those fights in around 10 seconds quite a few times later in the game. When I farmed for the CP, it was more like 25-30.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 15:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vincentius said:
If I remember right, I went COM(Fang)/RAV(Lightning)/RAV(Hope) and just zerged them down. It should be really fast to be honest, I did those fights in around 10 seconds quite a few times later in the game. When I farmed for the CP, it was more like 25-30.
yea I can get it down fast after I stagger it....IF the other 2 *** on the team would attack the behemoth...instead its just fang attacking it which means it transforms.. ; ;
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 15:52:41
Link | Citer | R

You must have it on Com/Com/Rav by accident. With Com/Rav/Rav, the Ravagers will only attack what the Commando is. If you are strong enough, you should kill it within 3 seconds. If not, then it'll always transform since it starts off the battle with half the health. Either way, it'll be staggered at like 999.9% iirc anyway, so you'll murder it since it'll still focus its attention on the giant kittyfuck.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 15:54:56
Link | Citer | R

no im Com/Rav/Rav...Fang is ldr and the only set that I have Light as COM is Sent/Com/Med =\
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-19 16:06:10
Link | Citer | R

lolz Dubont actually asking for help instead of trying to troll and act like a badass.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 16:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
lolz Dubont actually asking for help instead of trying to troll and act like a badass.
eh Im not a COMPLETE *** >.>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 16:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. That's strange then. Can't help you there, lol.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 18:57:34
Link | Citer | R

When I was doing that strategy, I was doing COM/COM/RAV (Lightning/Fang/Hope). I targeted and attacked the Behemoth, Hope nuked it, and by the end of the nuke, the Behemoth was down while Fang was just finishing off the wolf thing. I'm seeing lots of Com/Rav/Rav on this, and i just don't see how that'll be enough firepower to take down the Behemoth in enough time.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 19:00:21
Link | Citer | R

You should never have to farm CP. You will make more than enough of the stuff during the postgame and will accumulate enough to beat the main storyline with provided you don't skip too many fights.
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-19 19:02:49
Link | Citer | R

If you're COM RAV RAV, the two RAVs shouldn't be attacking another mob. Either you're goosin', or your ***'s ***.

I didn't even do the whole Behemoth/Wolf farming thing, I just ran around Archylte killing everything in site minus the Behemoths running around and the turtles 'til later on. Soon as everyone was capped out @10 for their main roles, I just turtle farmed and grinded CP that way, like a bawce.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 19:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
When I was doing that strategy, I was doing COM/COM/RAV (Lightning/Fang/Hope). I targeted and attacked the Behemoth, Hope nuked it, and by the end of the nuke, the Behemoth was down while Fang was just finishing off the wolf thing. I'm seeing lots of Com/Rav/Rav on this, and i just don't see how that'll be enough firepower to take down the Behemoth in enough time.

It totally depends on how strong you are.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You should never have to farm CP. You will make more than enough of the stuff during the postgame and will accumulate enough to beat the main storyline with provided you don't skip too many fights.

I had to farm CP to finish the marks, especially the last ones. I don't see how you'd have enough CP just breezing through. It's been awhile since I played though since this game sadly has very little replay value c.c
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 19:12:51
Link | Citer | R

When you go an average of 1/60 per Trapezohedron you get a lot of excess CP :(

Yes I know my luck was awful.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 19:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Ah, see I farmed CP before I farmed money to upgrade everything to make it easier. I had horrible luck with the Death method (I'd spend hours just to kill like two - ***would never land) so I just got maxed out and owned them the normal way.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 19:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I only used the Death method like 2-3 times. Was fighting them before I even had any secondary roles - they're really simple if you know how to handle 'em. Just had hideous luck... course, most of those kills are not Long Gui which have a much better droprate :S
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 19:30:27
Link | Citer | R

I only killed one Long Gui for the achievement, lol. It's too much of a hassle to kill those badboys. One wrong shift and you're dead. I only had to get about three Trapez's, then I just broke down my Genji Gloves (one Trapez each). I did this all at once so I could get the achievement and restart my Xbox without saving.
 Fenrir.Shallow
user: Shallow
By Fenrir.Shallow 2010-05-19 19:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Here, I'll tell ya what I know about farming CP...

"Vannile's 'Death' Trick"- Enter battle with an Adamantoise -> summon Hectonhier -> cast death repeatedly until it sticks...(like 5% chance to land it..) Get 3 tp, rinse wash repeat...Best to use a Malboro Wand..upgrade from Bellondona I believe.

"2 behemoths" method- At the entrance from where you first enter this..big plain...theres a behemoth to the right. If you can use Com/Rav/Syn you should be able to take it down if you can get a premptive strike on it. Continuing in this general direction you'll find some random behemoth running in circles..(I don't understand it either). Simply get in his path and you've automatically get a preemptive strike on him. Cycle back around and keep repeating...

The Mark: "Neochu"- (You need Vannile's Death Sabotuer ability for this.. as well as have chocobos unlocked iirc..) I think this mark is unlocked after you defeat Barthendolous (or w/e) in Oebera. Simply back track to the school house, head to the roof and accept the mission. Find the Neochu, use the paradigm- Sab/Sen/Med. Keep casting Death on the Neochu while your Sen takes all dmg..medic will keep alive... Keep repeating until Death finally lands then switch to something like Med/Com/Syn and take out the lil guys one by one. after the mission you recieve the "growth egg" (doubles cp earned.) Ta-da....well this is all I know. :\ Best of luck!!

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 19:35:31
Link | Citer | R

With a Growth Egg, you can just fight the Behemoth/GiantKittyFuck in front the mine entrance for about 13k CP a fight; a fight that literally takes about 10 seconds.

I don't see a point in using any other method, lol.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 22:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:

It totally depends on how strong you are.
True, but I wasn't uber strong at the time either. I don't even have the third tier weapons yet. I "farmed" there for a good while until all of my jobs were at level 5 for all characters.

Before the behemoth/dogthing farming, I was running up and down inside the caves just beyond them. The robots there give good xp and go down very fast especially if you have the aoe lightning spell with Hope. Once you can get through the Phalanx robots there, you're more than set for most of the mid tier bosses.

As for not needing to farm for CP during the main game, I fear I must've just been a major grinder. I remember early on, I was finding every possible area where enemies consistently respawned in order to generate CP to cap out my characters for that particular area.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 23:52:34
Link | Citer | R

1) I don't have a growth egg

2) I'm not in post game and my characters are far from strong enough to beat ANYTHING (even though Com and Rav for Fang and Light are capped -.-) AND I just wiped to the fkn slime thing on the second floor of the Tower in ch 11, 8 times...

3) The farming still isn't working. I hate this game. I quit -.-;
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 23:55:14
Link | Citer | R

How is the flan giving you trouble? If necessary, turtle up with reduction accessories/+HP accessories. Make sure it's debuffed and you're buffed at all times (note: Sazh will not have Protect/Shell at this point iirc) and keep a SEN on fulltime if you need it.

The slime is strong but shouldn't be that bad.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 23:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
How is the flan giving you trouble? If necessary, turtle up with reduction accessories/ HP accessories. Make sure it's debuffed and you're buffed at all times (note: Sazh will not have Protect/Shell at this point iirc) and keep a SEN on fulltime if you need it.

The slime is strong but shouldn't be that bad.
well the armored lizard and the machine went down pretty easily...but I can't dmg the slime for ***and turtling up doesn't work b/c his AOE's just take out the healer in the party which then causes everyone else to die ; ; Demon's Souls wasn't THIS bad ; ;
 Asura.Israfel
Serveur: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-20 00:00:18
Link | Citer | R

All I did was run around Oerba and just kept killin stuff. There's some nice easy group mob spawns which are nice for just goin nuts on.

There is a cactuar spawn near a chocobo in the great plains area...thing (can't remember the name, central expanse maybe?).
Anyways: Kill the cactuar, then turn around, hop on the choco, jump off the hill with the choco, run a small circle and pop back up. The cactuar should have respawned. Each cactuar kill is a nice amount of CP per kill, and this method can rack up some nice easy CP too
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-20 00:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. Gelatitan halves all physical damage and takes normal damage from magic damage. Weak to lightning element. Can be Imperil'd, Deprotect'd, Poisoned and even Pain/Fog'd (with smallish success rate on each but possible). Maybe try a party of something like Snow/Sazh or Hope/Vanille? Got a good mix of all roles there. I need to get to bed or I'd write you up a proper strategy, but you should be able to beat it as long as you change your approach.
 Sylph.Belmonth
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-05-20 00:08:20
Link | Citer | R

You could do the 2 mobs fighting on the north path, the behemoth and the other giant wolf life before zoning into Mah'habara, basically you sneak behind either to do preemtive strike and start of with Rentless Assault, and kill the behemoth on the air before he rages and fills back his HP, then the other guy is easy, after the fight is done, go near the zone then run back and they should of poped back, you could also do the adamantoise with the following setup:

Fang, Hope, Vanille (need Highwind from Fang)
COM, RAV, RAV
SAB, SYN, SAB
SEN, SEN SEN (just need to learn the first ability node)
RAV RAV RAV
COM MED MED

Basically you have to time your paradigm shifts with the attacks of the adamantoise, you switch to sentinel before it hits, then switch back, basically what you do is take the legs quickly, make fang manually use ruin instead of melee for this part, of the legs so the amantoise wont use the scream attack because someone is upclose to him, when the leg staggers, keep hitting it until it reaches mid HP or a tad lower then use Highwind, do this with the other leg, as soon as both legs are down, switch to the second paradigm (SAB, SYN, SAB) and have both Fang and Vanille debuff the adamantoise almost fully while Hope buffs, don't worry if they fully debuffed and you are still missing buffs, all it matters it's that Fang has Faith and haste, after then switch to the 4th paradigm (RAV RAV RAV) or (COM RAV RAV, if you don't have RAV yet with Fang) and hit until stagger, and don't use highwind unless the stagger bar is about to wear or it's staring to get up)

You can do the adamantoise even before beating the game and unlocking the final grid, just requieres some practice, but it's really easy once you get it.

Edit:

Don't worry for killing him as fast as the guy, he's high leveled but it's pretty much the same jist.

You can also use Lightning, equip Lionheart and either Survivalist Catalog and Hunter's Friend, or Speed Sash and Energy Sash. That should give you the Random: Instant Chain effect, and use Army of One and you'll get instant break often enough.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 00:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Why did SE of decide to switch out the titles of the job-classes for the English release? Seems as though the Japanese already had English titles as it is...

Would've been nice also if the English release had an option to switch to Japanese voice acting. I'm sure they could've crammed that onto the disc. Although, that might've made the 360 release 4 dvd's long... hmm.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-20 00:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Belmonth said:
long quote
Turtles 1 shot my party. I've been doing the Behemoth farming and its not working b/c my other 2 characters refuse to attack the behemoth once he's staggerd...so he just recovers and transforms...
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-20 00:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
long quote
Turtles 1 shot my party. I've been doing the Behemoth farming and its not working b/c my other 2 characters refuse to attack the behemoth once he's staggerd...so he just recovers and transforms...

That's why you gotta switch to sentinel before getting hit, it reduces very significantly the damage. If you still get hit too hard you might need to level up a bit, but you can kill adamantoise with this method or death method before staring chapter 12.
Also you have gotta have only one Commando on the party and the rest Ravagers, otherwise they will start atacking different parties if you have two commandos.

The video has a different method that has Lightning on Commando and no Ravagers at start so the stagger bar wont fill up but neither will go down, giving you time to buff and let the behemoth go in stagger mode after it has raged, not before.

for the behemoth, thats what Im doing..and the turtles lol as soon as the battle starts, they stomp the ground..AOE 1 shot for me ; ;I've used sent (snow) for them and often, he is only one that survives the 1shot...then quickly dies due to another one
 Sylph.Belmonth
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-05-20 00:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
long quote

That's why you gotta switch to sentinel before getting hit, it reduces very significantly the damage. If you still get hit too hard you might need to level up a bit, but you can kill adamantoise with this method or death method before staring chapter 12.
Also you have gotta have only one Commando on the party and the rest Ravagers, otherwise they will start atacking different parties if you have two commandos.

The video has a different method that has Lightning on Commando and no Ravagers at start so the stagger bar wont fill up but neither will go down, giving you time to buff and let the behemoth go in stagger mode after it has raged, not before.

for the behemoth, thats what Im doing..and the turtles lol as soon as the battle starts, they stomp the ground..AOE 1 shot for me ; ;I've used sent (snow) for them and often, he is only one that survives the 1shot...then quickly dies due to another one

Ops I deleted my own post :< lawl, all your group has to use sentinel, but I think I did the behemoth still long enough, and focused on getting HP nodes for the most part before doing adamantoises.

Edit: oh, the reduce physical damage accessories help a lot, if you equip your party with them on all slots posible, you can buy them for cheap in the shop and upgrade them long enough for a star, you can use 32 bones something on the item of one of the shops... I think it was the junk shop this will give you instant x3 bonus exp for your next aplication, I haven't played the game on a while so I kind of forgot the names
First Page 2