users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Swift Belt NMs
Swift Belt NMs
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-11 08:19:13
Link | Citer | R

A Tarutaru friend and I are going to attempt to duo the Swift Belt NM. Me being Elvaan, we are going to pop that one.

The Plan: Familiar Blubber Eye's, watch them fight in the hallway outside the room Luaith spawns from, if they die pop Carrie's, and hopefully 2 familiar eyes and 2 carries will be enough to win.

There any suggestions? I've seen in the solo guide they suggest dragging it to the zone? Just kind of looking for a little piece of mind that our two familiar's will dominate it and we have nothing to worry about, hopefully that's true.
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-11 08:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Two familiar'd Blubber Eyes should be enough to defeat the NM without any problems. Just bring plenty of pet food and try to use sic to bounce hate between the two so that one doesn't take too much damage.
 Odin.Trelan
Serveur: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-11 08:55:52
Link | Citer | R

What he said, 2 should have no problem
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-11 08:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Good luck, I did this sunday and we were lucky enough to go 3/5; 3 people needed, 2 had spares.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-11 09:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, just hate to run all the way out there only to get dominated. XD

Thanks for the help!
 Fenrir.Vacian
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-05-11 09:48:34
Link | Citer | R

if it doesnt go so well, level cap in that area is gone in about 20 days or so XD
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-11 09:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Vacian said:
if it doesnt go so well, level cap in that area is gone in about 20 days or so XD

Haha, yea. My only problem with that is, I'm not confident the spawned NM's levels will remain the same. Sure the standard mobs of the area might.. but they could jack the level of these specific NMs.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-11 13:36:10
Link | Citer | R

It's debatable whether the standard mobs will remain the same actually. I think the one npc says something about levels in those areas being restricted to keep the mobs from being too powerful. Or something...
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-14 08:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Just as an update, this went super smooth. Went in, I pulled out a Carrie and attacked one Blubber Eye while my friend kept trying to charm it. He pit his eye verse another until I got it. Didn't really take many tries, but figured that was the safest way.

Both 2hred as soon as we landed Charm as they were IT's. Used Stay to full health and made our way to pop spot. I didn't have enough hate. Ended up needing to kill 3 Fomor's by the pop before I had it, we had 10 minutes left on our pets and they were roughly around 80% HP when we finally popped the NM.

Still took him out without issue. 0/1 on the drop.